I'm not sure if this is the right board but I figured I'd try...

I'm not sure if this is the right board but I figured I'd try. What do you think would happen if male and female sexual deviants, mental health patients, and criminals were sterilized? Let's say that people didn't go insane opposing this idea. What would be the effects on society?

My guess is a large decrease in domestic violence and prostitution, as well as a sharply declining birth rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

nsopw.gov/en-US/Education/FactsStatistics?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
apa.org/pi/families/resources/child-sexual-abuse.aspx
childwelfare.gov/topics/can/impact/long-term-consequences-of-child-abuse-and-neglect/health-and-mental-health/
bjp.rcpsych.org/content/179/6/482
cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm
cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/cdc_nisvs_victimization_final-a.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693622/
podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/radiolab/radiolab111408.mp3
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC214074/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How exactly should sterilization decrease domestic violence? It doesn't matter if you can or can not have children if you want to beat up your spouse.

Sexual deviants, mental health patients, and criminals would be more careful and hide who they are more, as a result, they would surely become more dangerous to the society.

You wouldn't have a spouse in the first place, because there would be no sexual drive.

> sexual deviants, mental health patients
There is also the possibility of using all fabricated sexual deviances and dubious mental illnesses to push some kind of agenda i.e. imagine if atheists could classify religion as mental illness.

Mental patient here.

Hehehe...don't worry...sterilizing me is the equivalent of closing a bum's checking account.

If law enforcement does its job, I would gather that people wouldn't risk deviant behavior. Usually the more ill or criminal a person is, the less self control he or she has, leading to public exposure and sterilization.

> there would be no sexual drive
It isn't like you can pre-emptively sterilize people, some of the potential targets would end up into a marriage (also you can marry for money).

I think it is without question that forced sterilization would go awry. I just wonder how it could turn out if it didn't.

>sexual deviants are more dangerous if they hide their sexual deviancy
Really makes me think. So not raping little boys is more dangerous than raping them?

If the person is sterilized, the spouse in most cases would not have a reason to remain married. Companionship can be found outside of marriage, and the stigma of the partner's crime or illness would add to the undesirable sterile state.

more like if someone who would try to satisfy their desires through legal means such as loli hentai would be more of a danger if the consequences of this was the same as raping a child

That is not always the case. My guess is that a large number of mentally ill people are not diagnosed and thus create more harm. Sexually violent people often have mental health issues. Sterilization could take off the edge. The decrease in testosterone could also lead to fewer instances of violent crime.

Logically speaking, it would eliminate certain genetic problems [ probably with some epigenetic benefits ] and sterilize people who are turned to crime, deviance and mental illness by their environment. It is also a probably costly thing to do because you need to find sexual deviants at the first place and supposedly do sterilization properly.

Let's assume that any tendency toward pedophilia leads to sterilization. Would it not produce a less violent, though dying, society?

> not raping little boys
Nah. It is more rape and murder instead of just old school rape. Higher stakes ~> More severe crime.

> leading to public exposure
There exist the counterpoint of false charges, like you already can be falsely charged for rape or the domestic abuse. Now imagine being sterilized by law enforcement on such basis.

There would be a lot more people willing only to rape than those rape and murder

assuming you can catch all tendencies, yes. but thought crimes are dangerous because desire to commit a crime =/= someone who will commit a crime. this won't even stop all child rapes, as some people don't even have pedophillic desires and simply do it because they're sexually frustrated from trying to do so with adults or get off to power

That is why the law exists, to try a person and prove him or her innocent or guilty

In this kind of system, people who actually commit the crimes would probably have the higher priority. Others with suspicious behavior might be monitored. It wouldn't be so different from current methods of catching criminals.

This is true. Just people who are willing to, now are even more brutal. Prostitution would become much more dangerous and criminal too. Remember, how the mafia come up from the law of prohibition? The similar mechanisms here at works. Instead of sign up to the local orgy, you would deal with layers and layers of shady people who can blackmail you into even more shady things.

Laws don't work perfectly now when they deal with less complicated crimes and punishments so why they would magically work better? Realistically its not possible.

> Would it not produce a less violent, though dying, society?
1. Are there even enough pedophiles that eliminating them can have a significant impact on society?
2. Is it even genetic enough to sterilization being the real method of lesser its impact, whatever it is?
3. Does link between violence in society and pedophilia even exist in the first place?

I doubt that you can build a strong logical chain of positive answers here.

It would take more people opposing violent sexuality and criminal tendencies for sterilization to work. The problem with the prohibition was that more people than not found alcohol acceptable. Of course sterilization isn't realistic. Knowing that people would risk the ability to reproduce and have sexual pleasure in order to pursue crime and abnormal sexuality shows how people prefer what hurts themselves if they can satisfy their desires.

Pedophilia is not the only sexually deviant behavior. We can go into incest, homosexuality, polygamy, and more. Men have committed more violent crimes than women, a trait linked to their possessing higher levels of testosterone. Removal of organs that aid in the production of testosterone would inhibit their tendency toward violence. Similarly, removal of sexual organs from deviant women would prevent them from molesting minors, pursuing abusive partners, and having unplanned pregnancies.

why exactly do you need to stop polygamy or homosexuality?

I am a burger, so here are some US statistics.
>Research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that approximately 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18.
nsopw.gov/en-US/Education/FactsStatistics?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

>Risk factor for parents abusing or neglecting children: Experiencing or witnessing violence as a child, which teaches violent behavior or justifies it as proper behavior.
apa.org/pi/families/resources/child-sexual-abuse.aspx

Yes, there are enough cases of molestation for criminalization to make a difference.

They do not contribute to a healthily functioning family.
Polygamy requires the male or female to provide intimacy and resources to more than one partner. The children are unlikely to receive the care they need.

Homosexuality promotes promiscuity, leading to the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Male and female bodies and minds differ significantly. Two healthy males or two healthy females cannot provide the balance of a healthy male and female. Reproduction by artificial means is costly and unnecessary.

Psychology/Sociology would be but what you actually want is Most sexual deviancy is the result of nurture not nature - specifically past abuse. The same is true of a lot of mental health conditions... So this is up there with the eugenics advocates who want to eliminate Downs Syndrome retards to cut down on the number of retards - not realizing that most folks Downs Syndrome either can't breed or have great difficulty breeding, and the condition is epigenetic. Most retards are born to normal parents. Most eugenics advocates are retarded.

There are some chemical conditions that are entirely inheritable that lead to risk taking and addictive behavior, which tends to be criminal, but on the other hand, when individuals with those conditions are well adjusted, they tend to be among our most prolific contributing citizens.

Suffice to say, CRISPR is on the table now, and its use is going to be prolific before we're ready for it, so all this talk of sterilization and eugenics programs, while it may make you feel nice and edgy, is borderline archaic as solutions to such problems go.

>I'm not sure if this is the right board
its not

>this is the kind of threads that &humanities is resopnsible for

>a lot of mental health conditions are the result of past abuse
which "a lot" are you making an unsourced claim about?

Eugenics would not be the point. The point would be to eliminate the sexually harmful behavior. Even if sexual deviancy is not genetic, I ask you: how little that deviancy would be altered if the person were to be sterilized?

>Homosexuality promotes promiscuity, leading to the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.
citation very much needed

Not him, but it's actually around 100%. Most pedophiles were molested as kids, they're literally replicating like vampires, nobody is born a pedophile.

>Research suggests that adults who were maltreated as children show higher rates of many health problems not typically associated with abuse and neglect, such as heart disease, cancer, chronic lung disease, and liver disease. The link between maltreatment and these diseases may be depression, which can influence the immune system and may lead to high-risk behaviors such as smoking, substance abuse, overeating, and sexual risk-taking.
childwelfare.gov/topics/can/impact/long-term-consequences-of-child-abuse-and-neglect/health-and-mental-health/

>citation very much needed
As a fag, I agree with him completely. Most fags are so promiscuous that it's actually hardcore quest to find one who won't cheat on you. As for stats, here you go:

As someone who earned his MFC interning at a psyche ward's intake center, I could easily be my own source, by the cycle of abuse as well as commonly induced schizoaffective and borderline disorders are well known and well established by countless numbers of psychological studies:
bjp.rcpsych.org/content/179/6/482

...Or just recover enough from whatever your uncle did to you to Google it yourself.

None, unless you also chemically castrated them, and even that isn't always effective. Getting your tubes tied does little to nothing to alter sex drive.

Suffice to say, sterilizing faggots isn't going to get you anywhere.

Pedophile =/= Molester

The first is mental illness, the other is the criminal act. Not all thieves suffer from kleptomania. Same idea here.

IIRC some molesters aren't even proper pedophiles instead they are sexual predators who don't care if their victim is a child if it is weak enough.

It certainly weakens the link and supposedly when real pedophiles are excluded by sterilizations only the psychopathic ones (and maybe systematic if stories about hidden pedophile elites hold water) will remain.

Fuck off pedo.

>ass-pulling
Disgusting slander

Obviously, but then there's also bisexuals. I honestly think reproduction shouldn't even be sexual and we should move away from being sexual beings completely. Every man's biggest enemy is his sex drive.

Not him, and maybe not 100%, but yeah, it's actually pretty common.

Generally speaking, people who are traumatized, either subconsciously or consciously, tend to seek to relive that trauma in one form or another. It's an odd phenomena in human behavior, but it's nauseatingly well established.

You can also see the result of (((war on drugs))) as it is created entire criminal bands around them. It is absurd in the world where you can just buy heroin. War on sexual deviancy can follow that trend as it is not something that people fully control or judge. If you stretch the definition to really common cases of not "for procreation" sex. Minor crimes like say media piracy also are questionable here.

Man's greatest hope, and the source of nearly all of his accomplishments, has been sourced from his sex drive.

Criminal pedos get temporary sterilization here

Smelly systematizer. Eat shit!

> They do not contribute to a healthily functioning family.
Why don't sterilize anyone who does not, at this point? It isn't like monogamous relationships are candies and butterflies and without child abuses, possible family problems, etc.

Seems like a very round about way to solving this problem. Just sterilize any parents who don't care about his children.

>In 2014, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men accounted for 83% of primary and secondary syphilis cases where sex of sex partner was known in the United States. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men often get other STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections. HPV (Human papillomavirus), the most common STD in the United States, is also a concern for gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men.
cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

>The Sexual Orientation Report indicates that individuals who self-identify as
lesbian, gay, and bisexual have an equal or higher prevalence of experiencing IPV,
SV, and stalking as compared to self-identified heterosexuals. Bisexual women
are disproportionally impacted. They experienced a significantly higher lifetime
prevalence of rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner, and rape and SV (other than rape) by any perpetrator, when compared to both lesbian and heterosexual women.
cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/cdc_nisvs_victimization_final-a.pdf

Nonsense. Sex drive clouds your judgement, there's a reason why so many geniuses are asexual autistic celibates. Normal person wouldn't ever associate with something as subhuman as a woman if he wasn't attracted to her and didn't need her for reproduction, for example. Most little boys fucking hate to hang around little girls, it's only when they enter puberty when their brain gets completely fucked.
>le long shape means COCK xDDDD
Jewish psychology was a mistake.

t. non-pedo molester

>They do not contribute to a healthily functioning family.
WE WUZ VIKANGS N SHIEET

So you're not denying you're a literal pedophile?

Greatest men were asexuals like Newton. You are sub-human if you waste your life on sex.

Often, women opt to keep some reproductive organs. Women without ovaries would not have sexual drive. Likewise, men without testes would not have sexual drive. Also, castration and removal of the uterus and vagina would limit the possibility of sexual intercourse.

Are you trying to hide that you molesting children or what?

I never molested anyone in my life. Now answer the question.

Let's move away from legitimacy or possibility and remain in the ideal. I do think that sterilization would never work as a permanent solution.

> Gays are primes source of violence in society!
Let's be real here for a second. If you want to solve the problem, you must sterilize someone else.

And where has this gotten us, exactly?
Getting back on topic, only men and women who have not displayed harmful sexuality would retain their sex drives in this scenario. Then, they would be free to achieve greater feats driven by such a sex drive.

> I never molested anyone in my life.
Yes, of course. And I am not a pedophile. :^)

>newton
>great

Then why are you defending pedophiles?

There is no permanent solution to crime or mental illness, to be honest. Human nature isn't perfect.

Tesla too.

You are right in saying that sterilization would not solve all family problems. Sterilization would work to combat some of the most damaging ones, such as molestation. Neglect is a crime, leading to sterilizing.

Recall that this process aims to alter behavior instead of reproduction. Criminals would be detained as well.

They suffer from mental illness that can't be cured if you lack the proper understanding of it. Mental health is the very important issue.

Yes, I know. This idea is only wishful thinking on my part, so thank you for entertaining this pointless train of thought.

I dunno, what if you already have children and just decided to be a sexual deviant or crime lord?! It is beyond sterilization reach so to speak.

> Would not solve all family problems
I believe there should be more pro-active methods like mandatory parental courses? Maybe exams? Why wait until some jerk had a sex with daughter when you can prevent him to have one?

What if there were both?

Please do not forget that sterilization is not to prevent reproduction in this case but to remove the sexual drive. Crime does not require a sexual drive, so other solutions would be needed.

This could work. The difficult part is implementing all of this right.

>parenting courses
Dogma makes bad parents.

Is sterilization really worse than whatever punishment there already exist for pedos?

It's not as a punitive measure but as a preventive measure, so that the person does not commit more harmful acts.

>The decrease in testosterone could also lead to fewer instances of violent crime
wew lad
if testosterone => tendency to violence
then why don't we just put all males on hormone replacement therapy
that way we don't even have to waste resources diagnosing people as mentally ill
we'll just cut the balls off of society for the greater good

Yes, testosterone is not the only contributor to violent crime. However, in people proven to be violent and dangerous, removing the testes may help curb their harmful tendencies. There would have to be a certain threshold of violence, since every person hurts another at some point. 1st or 2nd degree murder might work as the determinant.

>There is evidence that testosterone levels are higher in individuals with aggressive behavior, such as prisoners who have committed violent crimes. Several field studies have also shown that testosterone levels increase during the aggressive phases of sports games. In more sensitive laboratory paradigms, it has been observed that participant’s testosterone rises in the winners of; competitions, dominance trials or in confrontations with factitious opponents.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693622/

From same source:
>Testosterone activates the subcortical areas of the brain to produce aggression, while cortisol and serotonin act antagonistically with testosterone to reduce its effects.

i never disputed this factoid
so are you in favor of putting all men on HRT to prevent violent crime or not?
It doesn't make sense to wait until someone commits homicide to revoke their privilege to own testicles. Someone will still be dead and most people who commit homicide do not commit another homicide.
and what punishment do you propose for female offenders?

> what punishment do you propose for female offenders?
just kill them... duh

well, your first problem is one of definition.

how do you define a "sexual deviant", "mental health patient" or "criminal".

how do you prevent the inevitable public backlash when you define the term too broadly and too people know people they like who get sterilized?

additionally, how do you deal with the long term demographic population impacts of such a policy?

how do you stop the definitions becoming a political football after you leave power - i.e. "i'll pass a law which states that if you belong to this political party i don't like you're a sexual deviant and are therefore required to be sterilised"

then who is going to implement this policy? private doctors on state contracts? a public health system (if you have one)?

how do you deal with the strikes and public backlash amongst staff who take the hippocratic oath seriously or otherwise refuse to carry out the procedures? how do you stop this from becoming a wider public backlash?

i don't think you've thought this through, user.

Look at britain and the effects of sterilization on homosexuals in the early 20th century
Thats where your good data will come from

There is not enough solid evidence to violate a human's body like that. I would say that these cases have nothing to do with eugenetics. Instead we should focus on researching the cores of the problem and we should wonder if fighting those would actually impact society for the worse.

>Nonsense. Sex drive clouds your judgement
Actually, it's quite the opposite. Well, I certainly don't deny that it tends to lead men to make shit decisions regarding a fine piece of ass, but psychologically speaking, the best and most decisive decision makers tend to be those with high emotional drives, provided it's coupled with the ability to process information and the self discipline to maintain focus on a goal.

There's been a lot of interesting studies regarding this, and it turns out those with weak emotional responses tend to be really terrible decision makers. The most extreme examples would be those who have had the pathways between their frontal cortex and hind brains damaged, either physically or chemically. Such individuals tend to be absolutely helpless and their lives fall apart - even if they were exceptionally intelligent before and find they can still process math problems at practically savant levels. Leave them alone to make even the simplest of choices, and they'll be helpless to do so.

Radiolab did an interesting little take on one such extreme case study:
podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/radiolab/radiolab111408.mp3
Sadly I canna find the transcript, so skip to ~20:38.

Sure, there's the occasional rare exception, but there's been far more great men, infamous for their ferocity of appetite, than those known for their timid weakness, and even among the latter, a redirected obsession seems to come into play. Various studies of successful academics have shown that almost invariably, when exposed to information in their area of interest, the reactions of their brains mirrors that of sexual arousal. Emotional drives are simply not the bane to intellect we tend to think of them as, they are indeed the keys to the kingdom as well as the fuel for the car, when it comes to intellectual pursuit and presence of character.

I was thinking more vasectomies, but it applies to women as well. There's also a lot of evidence to suggest that female sex drive is not driven primarily by estrogen, but by testosterone, to the point where testosterone therapy has become a common treatment for women complaining of a lack of sex drive. Women who have had full hysterectomies sometimes complain about loss of sex drive, but statistically, more of them report increased sex drive, and postmenopausal cougars are more common than one would think.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC214074/