So I guess I just got scammed and lost all my savings in ETH

So I guess I just got scammed and lost all my savings in ETH.

omise-go.com/airdrop/

It asked for my private key and I was dumb enough to put it in because I got hyped at the prospect of free OMG

Any chance I can recover this ETH or should I consider killing myself now? This will have compounding, devastating consequences for me since I have insanely important payments due very soon that will cripple me for many years if I can't pay them, and I'd rather be dead in the ground than deal with those consequences.

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0x73cd42a21eea903a31655824a1420fd1c0b4ee17
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm so sorry user. truly.

Metamask saved me from this shit.

Natural selection

>EtherAddressLookup
also kek'd

So that's a no then? Figured.

>not checking and double-checking URLs

first rule of not getting scammed on the internet hahahaha dumbass

I'm really sor-

haha just kidding you're a retard

If you're for real, this is a tragedy and a bitter learning lesson. You'll recover; put all your effort into securing a better job in the next 30 days, and double down on USD.

i mean, you could try and tweet a Mr. Skeltal. maybe there's a white hat savior out there.

There is zero chance of recovery

? It doesn't even ask you for your private key. LOL It asks for your public wallet address.

Who is that? Can you give me a link? I am willing to give everything a shot, I have no other options anymore

Nice

it probablly asks you for your private key after you enter your address

It asks for your private key after you put in your wallet address.

when you get to the next page it does

Mr. Skeltal

sorry has the attacked got the money out ?
whats the public address so we can see it in the blockhain explorer

unlucky OP, i lost a lot of bitcoin back in 2013 by a similar (admittedly far less sophisticated) con

you'll feel like shit for a few days but life goes on

always be incredibly sceptical in crypto and the general rule is never ever reveal your private keys to anyone

Yes, Vitalik will certainly hardfork Ethereum because a NEET with $10 in Ether fell for an obvious scam.

This is my address: 0x97CA1cc29beb6A58eEc4a50Fc75afA187Ad928d9

This is the guy who has it now: 0x4A0d27a1044Dd871a93275De5109e5F5efc4d46E

8.2 ETH may not seem a lot to most people here but where I'm from that's basically a fortune given the current economic situation

I googled the address it went to and got a bunch of Chinese website results so I'm assuming I got scammed by someone in China

Oy vey. Did you fall for the Twitter post?

Unfortunately yes.

>0x4A0d27a1044Dd871a93275De5109e5F5efc4d46E

ETH Balance: 1,267.949134294054727223 Ether
ETH USD Value: $384,429.50 (@ $303.19/ETH)
No Of Transactions: 59 txns

that guy is making a living with that website

this guy got scammed for 700 eth . ouch

0x58b171a7ed1cfbc87b9dda32557350c333196482b2eb7d5363b1e5a05c338970 4134692 2 days 14 hrs ago 0x73cd42a21eea903a31655824a1420fd1c0b4ee17 IN 0x4a0d27a1044dd871a93275de5109e5f5efc4d46e 709.573978 Ether 0.00105

u dumb dumb

How could it ever possibly seem like a good idea to share your private key on the internet?

I'm curious as to what it said.

jesus fair play to the guy, only about 6 hours work to setup the website/backend and advertise on twitter

My brain just turned off for a second as I got hyped at the prospect of free OMG, I don't know what else to tell you. I've been dealing with a lot of financial stress which clouded my judgement

Any tech guys know how someone (in a first world country) could go about hosting a site like this without it being traceable back to them? I imagine maybe buying a paypal account on the deep web then (while using tor / proxy) using it to register a domain and a VPS to host the site.

He's just posting this.

I'm a nocoiner so I don't even know if it works like that
But couldn't you have created a new wallet with nothing in it to use in that sketchy website, then send the monies on the new wallet to your actual wallet?

That way if the scam was a scam you wouldn't have lost anything
But if the scam was real you wouldn't have missed out on free monie

Im guessing the website automatically initiates a transaction as it receives the private keys. So when you realize its a scam you cant do shit.

The whole idea behind the scam is that you have to use the wallet containing etherium and give your private key so they can verify you own the wallet

It was honestly pretty convincing, with the domain name, SSL certificate, site design and everything. I could see myself possibly doing it if I was drunk.

Glad someone else made the mistake for me, someone send OP some ether..

is this new larp pasta? pretty shit tbqh

>The whole idea behind the scam is that you have to use the wallet containing etherium and give your private key so they can verify you own the wallet

If they're just supposed to give you free stuff what's their excuse to ask for a wallet with anything at all in it?

I'm sorry this happened user. I tried warning people about that and reported the account the twice in the past two days.

I wish this was some larp but unfortunately it's just me chainsmoking and trying to calm my nerves with cheap vodka right now

airdrops usually give you stuff according to how much ETH you own, that way you can't just create thousands of empty wallets

well technically there are infinite private keys and therefore infinite wallets, if you are getting an airdrop you need to have your wallet on the blockchain which requires you to have ETH pass through it

Just make an ICO and scam people the right way, don't be a soulless bastard

>technically there are infinite private keys
>therefore infinite wallets

Interesting.

if $2400 is going to break you, you absolutely should not be investing in cryptos. you should be happy that you learned this valuable life lesson by ONLY losing $2400. if I lost my private key, i'd be out $80,000 - but guess what, even losing all that I would still be just fine because my day job supports my entire life style.

you need to find a steady job and wagecuck your way into a steady income before even thinking about investing in cryptos again. learn from your mistakes.

Ooh right
That makes sense

And since the whole thing with crypto wallets and transactions being visible to others, it makes sense for freebies that need to check your current balance to exist and still not be a scam, so OP isn't THAT retarded to think this could be real, only retarded for thinking giving them his password was necessary?

>0x97CA1cc29beb6A58eEc4a50Fc75afA187Ad928d9
>that guy who sent 88 ETHER

what the fuck

looooooool he has 0.01 ETH left, hope he shot himself

there's a guy there who sent 700, fucking devastating

ya exactly it's a pretty plausible scam to be honest and i can see a lot of people who aren't too knowledgeable on the technical side of crypto falling for it

never EVER give out your private key, it's like handing someone the password to your bank account

Nothing is free. You fell for a trick that is as old as man.

suck dick fagit

I feel you, OP. I lost a bunch of ether in a similar scam a couple months ago. I felt sick to my stomach like I was going to puke. After I while I felt better. Life goes on. I hope karma catches up to these "people".

nah wouldn't actually do it, just curious as I've studied cyber security in my comp sci course but this type of stuff was never addressed

Maybe I'm an extreme goody two shoes but I can't imagine being able to feel good after putting people in distress like that

Could you even imagine? That was probably his life savings. Holy shit

Hell, I'm just a bystander but even I am a little shook up by that.

>I got hyped at the prospect of free OMG
Read and reread that phrase. How do you think you would sound explaining the situation to a police officer?
>So if I understand, mr user, you lost all your money because you wanted to get some free, how do you call it again, ehm, free OMG? *trying not to burst out of laughter*

Nah, that's only like $210k? Or am I missing something?

next time test your forms before you fill them

>only

You're killing me
That's 10 years of good living for a family of 3 where I'm from

>only lost 210k

>obvious 0 instead of O in the handle
Just how stupid are you, 0P?

got a source or link to that?, fucking hell that scammer made bank.

This is the guys wallet transactions from that day. Looks like he put his money/assets into etherium after seeing the site, then immediately lost it all.

meant to put the link
etherscan.io/address/0x73cd42a21eea903a31655824a1420fd1c0b4ee17

might be the alex jones in me but it could have also been the scammer sending it to himself to make it seem legit to the other retards.

though retards cant check block info, if real thats raw

This can't be real

Nah, he wants to make it look like he ISN'T taking etherium, and we were only able to find the scammers wallet by OP posting his.

He posted a pic of his ass with a sharpie in it but it has been deleted. Oh trust me, it is real.

Move the ETH to a new address!!

Hurry, before the scammer steals it.

dumbass

I saw it on warosu
Sad situation

Fucking soulless chinks.

the guy who lost 8 ETH or someone else?, i sent $5 to the sharpie guy kek

if the scammer is competent the second they receive the private key a script should automate the withdrawal of eth instantly

They're one and the same

That means you got the uncensored version. Can have pls?

why hasn't the scammer shapeshifted his shit yet?

the address is gonna get seized

Yeah, was thinking of a US-based person. It's a helluvalot of money in many other countries.

Recommended reading: The Millionaire Next Door
or blogs like Mr Money Mustache and the Trinity Study.

I think we might be the only ones who sent anything, by now he should have enough to get two very good burgers.

Why are you sorry? This stupid bitch gave out his private keys

Normally I might make a little fun of op, question his intelligence. But really all I feel is bad man.

Stay positive, senpai.

God damn I saw this happen with Bancor/Banc0r too
I should fucking do this for the next hyped coin

stop pretending 200k isn't a sizeable chunk of money for 99.9% of the population

didnt it save it sorry, someone mentioned making it into a /b/iz/ collage, someone will have it
or a big bottle of vodka

Honestly, if I had 200k to buy a comfy apartment in the city I think I'd be set for the next 10 years

Yeah, it's a lot of money, but not like life savings.
If you save 10%-20% and invest in Vanguard, you ought to have way more than that.

I'm aware that a lot of people don't save, I just assume that a guy with $200k falls has a grasp of personal finance.

I thought it was mean that the user who saved it had removed the address from it. Like how bitter are you that you'd put in that extra effort to laugh at a man at rock bottom?

Actually, didn't think of checking warosu. Will do now.

>I just assume that a guy with $200k falls has a grasp of personal finance.

yet falls for a basic scam my grandma wouldnt fall for

Found it.

How are my editing skills, guys? I'm bad at stuff like page layout, but I tried.

Yeah, 'cause crypto wallet safety isn't part of your finance 101 yet.

...actually, that would be a great milestone for crypto to achieve, being included in the basics just like interest is.

This is his address: 1K7mGVEJ2mAd2vaGczYvfeQ5eZrLXw7rG3

that isnt the same one i seen 30 mins ago, had a note saying "i fucked up Veeky Forums" with a timestamp
well yeah, banks take security and phishing etc pretty seriously, same should be done with crypto if its to appeal to normies.

you did good job user

Well, now you've seen the original :P

Poor guy got NOTHING

Fuck M8... Sorry to hear it...

But his insanely important tendy shipments are about to be deliverd

Do you have no heart at all user?

Jesus Christ people are stupid.

Also never fell for the "Cloud mining". Every single one of them are ponzi schemes.
And even if you find one that is real, the ROI will be very long

too many shouldbees.

People are still falling for it as we speak