start at 1:05

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Gondishapur
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Islamic Golden Age
Numale cuck low test beta faggot.

>DEY BREWED COFFEE N SHIT

Is this the bold new chapter of wewuzzery? I guess the Islamic coffee thread wasn't a joke

it iz

Daely remindr

>have spoils of war
>pass them off as your own

Name one spoil of war that is passed off as a Muslim invention

Translating and 'saving' Greek literature is constantly attributed to Muslims when it was mostly done by Syriac-writing Christians, half of which weren't Arabs either

Arabic(Hindi) Numerals

Al Razi was one of the greatest physicians of his time (or perhaps of any). He wrote extensively on medical subjects and is credited with many advances in the recognition and treatment of disease. He is considered to be the father of paediatric medicine. He also was one of the first authors to refute and question the work of Galen, based on his own emphasis on the importance of clinical observation rather than the dead hand of tradition. Among his writings are the first descriptions of smallpox, allergies, asthma and measles. He was also a pharmacist and alchemist and is the latter field of study is credited with the discovery of sulphuric acid.

It was a pretty big and interesting thing. The only memes are exaggerations about how anything and everything was invented during this period and the opposite meme where the whole period was a meme and that everything that happened was just copying Christians or Persians.

I haven't come across a single scholarly article or publication that says it wasn't a thing, and the only people who go full WE WUZ or >Islamic >Golden >Age are amateur bloggers and Youtubers playing at identity politics.

Let's talk about Muslim inventions that are passed as the "white" ones.

Could theory of evolution be invented by Musims?

No one has ever said that Muslims are the only one responsible for preserving Ancient Greek literature, but it is undeniable that they also played an important role in preserving it. This is just a strawman.

Hindu numerals are called Arabic because they were introduced to the West by Arab merchants.

That and the numerals adopted in the West are Western Arabic forms of Hindu numerals which were changed as they spread west, not the exact same numerals being used in India.

but Quran said about creation a man from clay, so radical Muslim can't accept words of Ibn Khaldun, also Khaldun don't talk much about reason of gradual changes, something additional than will of an allah. Also I really much more like words of Ibn Khaldun instead of soulless Darwin's "natural selection" with out words of collaboration. Also about gradual changes talked Jean-Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet, chevalier de Lamarck and Carl Rouillier before Darwin.

>Ancient Greek literature
I hear opinion, a lot of this literature were written by Renaissance epoch.

It's a meme.

From Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

Causes -

"Christians, especially the adherents of the Church of the East (Nestorians), contributed to Islamic civilization during the reign of the Ummayads and the Abbasids by translating works of Greek philosophers and ancient science to Syriac and afterwards to Arabic. They also excelled in many fields, in particular philosophy, science (such as Hunayn ibn Ishaq, Qusta ibn Luqa, Masawaiyh, Patriarch Eutychius, and Jabril ibn Bukhtishu) and theology. For a long period of time the personal physicians of the Abbasid Caliphs were often Assyrian Christians. Among the most prominent Christian families to serve as physicians to the caliphs were the Bukhtishu dynasty."

"Throughout the 4th to 7th centuries, Christian scholarly work in the Greek and Syriac languages was either newly translated or had been preserved since the Hellenistic period. Among the prominent centers of learning and transmission of classical wisdom were Christian colleges such as the School of Nisibis and the School of Edessa, and the renowned hospital and medical academy of Jundishapur, which was the intellectual, theological and scientific center of the Church of the East. The House of Wisdom was founded in Baghdad in 825, modelled after the Academy of Gondishapur. It was led by Christian physician Hunayn ibn Ishaq, with the support of Byzantine medicine. Many of the most important philosophical and scientific works of the ancient world were translated, including the work of Galen, Hippocrates, Plato, Aristotle, Ptolemy and Archimedes. Many scholars of the House of Wisdom were of Christian background."

Ultimately, without the work of the Christians, the Islamic "Golden Age" would have never happened the way it did.

None of that explains how it was a meme. That and the [Citation Needed] sections inserted into that second paragraph all link back to the likes of Richard Spencer and online blogs.

Kill yourself faggot,

I am secure in my heterosexuality, self-confidence, and grammar.

No but seriously, how does the work of Near Eastern Christians in the 6th and 7th century and their careers in the courts of later Muslim caliphs, all of which are well known subjects in Near Eastern and Early Islamic studies, translate to [The Islamic Golden Age] is a meme?

The Greeks had the same belief (for example flies evolve from fruits). I suspect he regurgitates something he read in Greek writings.

What the fuck is that facebook tier garbage doing on my taiwanese tapestry website

It doesn't. Butthurt anti-muslim anons are too insecure to concede anything to the islamic world.

Islamic Golden Age did have more Persian scientists than Arab scientists though. That's not to say there weren't Arab scientists, but in general, there were way more influential Persian scientists like Al-Khwarizmi (Algebra being Latinization of his name), Avicenna, Rhazes, Khayyam, and more.

Islamic architecture and music also came from Sassanids. Academy of Gundishapur served as the basis for House of Wisdom too. The best Arabic linguist was a Persian named Sibawayh, and he gave Arabic more structure and precision.

Overall, even Ibn Khaldun acknowledged the Islamic Golden Age was largely due to Persians. I'd say about 60-70%, perhaps more, of the contributions during Islamic Golden Age came from Persians. Not trying to put Arabs down, but I'm just giving the facts.

Islam wouldn't even be a coherent religion without Persian theologians.

correct
afghans are persians
though there was actually more persians than arabs, if you look at it right

>though there was actually more persians than arabs
Valid point, and if I wanted to get more technical, I would say the most Islamic Golden Age scientists came from Persians of Greater Khorasan, which was somewhat culturally different from Pars region. They were generally more liberal, freely mixing Greek philosophy and Zoroastrianism with Islam, and typically less Orthodox.

>but Quran said

>Also I really much more like

your preferences and le quran(tm) don't matter.

I get that, and it makes sense demographically and geographically considering the cultural and philosophical works of the period first began in historically Iranian, though not really Sassanian, lands and spread west over the course of centuries, and that Persians made up the majority of the Muslim population.

It's the idea that it was little more than continuation of Byzantine and Sassanian traditions which is the issue. The idea that the academy of Gondishapur was the basis for the House of Wisdom for example, a tenuous claim at best.

The problem with "Hindu" inventions is that everything from Iran to Vietnam is referred to as "Hindu" at some point. Pajeets claim everything from this region.

>The idea that the academy of Gondishapur was the basis for the House of Wisdom for example, a tenuous claim at best.

"In 832 AD, Caliph al-Ma'mūn founded the famous House of Wisdom. There the methods of Gondeshapur were emulated; indeed, the House of Wisdom was staffed with graduates of the older Academy of Gondeshapur. It is believed that the House of Wisdom was disbanded under Al-Mutawakkil, al-Ma'mūn's successor."
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Gondishapur

Most books I have read also agree.

I agree Persian supremacy is not good, but you cannot ignore facts. Persians gave the foundation for Islamic Golden Age.