I hear a lot, and I mean a LOT about gay men in history, but what about gay women...

I hear a lot, and I mean a LOT about gay men in history, but what about gay women? Are there any notable homosexual women or groups of women in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sappho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amazon?
JK but apparently lesbianism was never taken that seriously and was even allowed for the most part in non Christian societies. They saw it was a phase that would pass as soon as a woman got married. Besides "women just have sex to have babies" and if lesbian sex wont give them kids what's the point.

Reminder that in no society was same sex marriage ever legal so liberals who make the mistake of justifying same-sex married by referencing the Greeks or Romans are wasting their time and could be using better arguments.

Ironically enough, the women of the island of Lesbos were infamous throughout the Greek world for their superb blowjob skills.

Also, possibly Mary Read and Anne Bonnie

>implying you can't suck a woman's penis

Island of lesbos?

Explain.

There's an island called Lesbos.

That's it.

Oh, I thought you meant there was an island ihabited by nothing but Lesbians (aka lesbos) and that they, despite being lesbos, were ironically great at giving head

Lesbians are named after the island of Lesbos, that's where the word comes from.

Thanks, now I know the namesake of my fetish.

yeah the name of the island come from the lesbians also is the island of sapho

I've actually heard that the people who live on the island of Lesbos (which still exists) are mad that it's become a gay tourist attraction.

It's due to it being home of Sappho.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sappho

Homosexuality in the Ancient World can't really be compared to what it is now.

I also think it's totally overblown in modern culture.

Lesbians doesn't exist.

Women become "lesbians" because they hate men, it's an anti-position.

Fags become fags because they love men.

Lesbianism isn't a real thing.

Prove me wrong.

I'm lesbian femanon never felt attracted to men but I don't dislike them. There, proved you wrong.

>Homosexuality in the Ancient World can't really be compared to what it is now.
What do you mean by this?

this is a history board. if you're gonna talk about queers talk about queers in fucking history.

I am a lesbian vampire who has existed since the Middle Ages. I have been present for many important moments in history.

I was reading about Aztec lesbianism. The friars confused it with hermaphrodites. Some Aztec lesbians dressed like men apparently (loincloth and cape) or were thought of as overtly masculine. They also used dildos called patlaches I believe. Also lesbianism was highly frowned upon.

Where did you read that? Sounds interesting.

The book Flower and Scorpion: Sexuality and Ritual in Early Nahua Culture.

But that's not true historically. Women were lesbians and it just want taken seriously. Hey still married men same as gay men still married women for the sake of procreation. You can hardly say those women were feminists dykes in the past.
He means it was seen as a situation rather than an identity. Some guys fucked boys sometimes but they still knew they had to marry a women and have kids in the future and the same with women.

>historically accurate spartans.jpg

IS THAT FILENAME IRONIC? IT BETTER BE.

Thank you.

I hope that tripcode is ironic, that's for sure.

>Those Spartan doggos
Probably the most redeeming thing about this picture

This is where it begins, no force on Earth can stop what happpens next.

>omg we have to go to lesbos because we're lesbos XD
My god, they have a right to be angry, these people are fucking insufferable.

History is about people, not their women or children.

Nice edge. Your post will be hidden and ignored as to not derail the thread.
I though postmodernists and some feminists actually find the term lesbian offensive because of it's derivation. Not it why but considering that I wouldn't think it would be an lgbqt /sjw vacation spot

Thought*
Not sure why*
Tablets are about as useless as phones.

I heard the Romans disapproved of it because they thought cunnilingus to be the most degenerate act, mostly for men.

Never submit before a fem*le my brethren.

lesbians ontologically don't exist

Yeah, for them sexuality was all about dominance not gay or straight. "Cow girl" was also seen as degenerate but not nearly as cunnilingus since I guess, the female is still the one getting penetrated even if on top.
Though they did find it strange when a man would only fuck women or a woman would spend alot of her time having sexy time with female slaves or something.

To be fair, if you consider lesbianism to be a big part of your identity, it makes a lot of sense to want to see the birthplace of one of the earliest known lesbians. It's like wanting to see the home of a celebrity you're fond of.

To be fair, I find it hard to call people who consider their sexual preference 'a big part of their identity,' dignified people.

what

I don't consider anyone dignified unless they are actually nobility.

that girl has quite the long arm

SHE

and lesbians are in turn named after lesbos because in lesbos lived a greek female poet who was seen as an homosexual by the name of sappho

thats it

>that's
Fixed.

?

Her arm is perfectly proportioned...

Some revolutionary butch or something like that.

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!

And a real hero.

>you will never fuck a Roman twink

Why even live?

pls don't post shota on blue boards kthx