ITT we post the biggest failures/missteps of our crypto careers

ITT we post the biggest failures/missteps of our crypto careers.

>went all in on chaincoin when it was around $5.44
>it's now at $0.30

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That chaincoin chart looks beautiful though. I've honestly never seen such a clean retracement to the very bottom after a sustained multi-day pump like that.

Anyway I don't want to say my worst crypto trade since I still think it could go back up as long as Veeky Forums doesn't mess with it (no it's not fucking DGB or POSW). But I know that feel.

Bought $4k worth of OMG's (1.9k) at $1.5, sold with a $300 loss, missed out on $12,000 gainz.

That was even worse than putting $8k on Cofoundit at $.23

Sold 800 ANS @ $9.50 about a week ago

also bought BCC at .27

Had 11k ANS at one point

Sold 5k at $9

the first (and last) day i tried to daytrade was literally 5 hours before the bump over 3k. i could've had so much money if I held

>buy verge at 220
>buy DGB at 2200
>sell NEO at 360k last Saturday

Pending:
>Bought sigt at 4400

All these fucking newfags talking about how their biggest mistake is not holding when something went up don't know what's it like yet to experience a flash crash on a promising coin with everyone rooting for it that never recovers and just stays down for a year or two.

Bought a buttload of RDD near 100 sats for flipping up and down.

i bought OMG today when it mooned without even connecting that retarded faux "i-am-so-important" bs website of theirs to the ticker. I actually had hope for Veeky Forums and hoped that they wouldnt be so retarded as to be fooled by "look-at-me,im-in-blue.So-bank" bs website of theirs and actually shill something moderately useful for the aeons theyve shilled it for.

Veeky Forums i am disappoint.

I was one of the first miners of BTC, I really had no idea wtf it was back then as I was just a kid. Had about 3500 BTC when I stopped, and eventually I formatted the PC because CS:GO was lagging waaay too much.

Should I kill myself?

>he spent almost 10 million dollars on a video game
Yeah I don't know maybe.

>Didn't buy IOT at $.23
>Didn't buy NEO at $2.25 because I thought it was a Chinese scamcoin
>Bought CFI at $.29, $.22, and $.08, took a 50% loss yesterday before it pumped today

All good though because my ARK average buy is at $.50 and it's 80% of my portfolio

i bought rdd at 115 sats.

also i shorted neo and had to buy back in at a loss 3 times. now im just going to hold

Stories like this give me hope, LARPing or not.

Good ol' CFI

you might still be able to recover the secret key with a program. lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893 especially if you have it written down somewhere in a file. Also search for wallet.dat.

Send me some BTC if it worked: 1GM3BtrV1JDHUjbqXSGD8XcqUQVrZWeAbQ

I wish I could give you negative BTC for being this dumb.

your future mistake will be:
> Didn't buy GByte for 0.1

Sold 700 ANS between $5-10. Bought at 1.50.

But you liked how CFI mooned today for those who bought at sub-4K, didn't you?

I think that coin has a lot of prospects, especially with their announcement on hubs around the world and collaboration with Jaxx.

wanted to go all in in omg at 0.4 decided to wait until first of august. Had 500 at that time just in case, due to day trading lost half of it

missed on 150k potential gains. This would have been my chance to get rich this year.

I could have become an actual millionaire in one night if I held ANS and didn't sell at 260k, instead I kept my coins in meme bags which went down during NEO/OMG spike. Feel like shit.

Bought tons of DGB at the 1100 """floor"""
Bought Verge at 220
Boight Sia at 600
Bouhht Strat at 40000, sold at 20000
Bought ZenCash ehen it came out at 600000
Cashed a lot of BTC to Tether before fork when BTC was 2700

I must e the biggest failure on this board, even a bigger joke than the guy who bought 3btc of KIDS at 8sat

I am a big fucking failure,

>sold my antshares at $6
>bought esp2 at ath
>currently down -99%

Never bought CFI. I heard it rebounded for you guys today though? It was something else.

Bought OMG at 22k sats,
warned retards not to buy CHC
My biggest mistake was not buying more OMG and not warning more retards

I bought half a million DGB at 74 sats and sold it at 133 sats.

Check out this user getting a lucky break :)
grats man

>flash crash
you meant a crash, a flash crash immediately recovers, hence the name "flash" crash.

was talking to him

did a lot of buying high and selling low this week, let my emotions lead, etc. lost a lot of gainz

>go all in on something
>make gains but don't take profit
>it dips to below the gains
>panic, but hold my ground, setting a stop loss just in case
>F5 the next day and panic more and sell anyway
>goes up 30% the next day
>never would have hit my stop loss
I cashed out my entire portfolio except $500
feels like I'm never gonna make it but I suppose I should be grateful that I cashed out with gainz and not losses, and I still have play money

Still, I paid a lot for these lessons senpai

you did nothing wrong, nobody could predict so much manipulation on neo price. I also sold too soon but Im glad being out of it because that neo shit is scary, heavily manipulated.

not buying btc when i was in grad school 2012; buying beer instead. to be fair though, exchanges weren't as common as they are today. shit is hitting $3600 as we speak.

Bought ETH at all time high.

it's always like that whenever something goes crazy. whales comes out to play.

Buying bot pumped coins on Yobit last year like an idiot. Fortunately only lost like $50

Lost 2BTC on Mintpal. I hope that nigger gets butt fucked in jail.

Buying ARK at its ATH.
And daytrading NEO instead of HODLing

Okay I am a total failure when it comes to investing (in crypto):

>Hear about Ethereum in march 2017 (be4 the huge rally)
>Good tech, not investing because nocoiner

>June 2017, accidently notice BTC and ETH prices
>FOMO kicks in
>Want to buy in ASAP
>Verification takes way too long
>More FOMO
>Buying ETH at ATH through a website which adds €10 per coin for house profit
>Price tanks
>June coming to an end
>Price tanks even more
>Investment worth half of what I invested

>July 2017
>ETH recovers a bit
>BTC Segwit lockin FOMO
>Buying at ATH (€230 through stupid site, because lazy faggot and still not verified yet)

>Jul/Aug 2017
>Hear about $OMG @ $1.00 / coin
>See price rally
>Endorsed by Mr skeletal
>FOMO fuel
>Decided to not invest

>Aug 2017
>BCH meme
>BTC mooning
>ETH recovers a bit
>Not investing in Altcoins during june/july dip

Here I am Veeky Forums, still in the red as of today (not much but ETH@€280 is my breakevenpoint).

Tl;DR: pinkwojak.png

they were there from the beginning, ready to pump the price with bots.

Why dumb? Usually when people "format" their disk they quickformat it. When they quickformat it all the os does is remove the references to the nodes not rewrite over the disk... youre dumb dumbo. it is very possible he may still have a short line of text not overwritten on disk.

Everybody! Get the hell out of of Sigt right now!

Yeah i bought back 2k omgs at $3.15 so sitting on 3k gaimz, it woulda been like 12-14k though but oh well

Sorry not 2k omgs only 700 of em

Not selling 17MM REDD @ 140

WOW IT WORKED thanks i'm sending you 100 BTC in a few minutes

ok

sold NEO for 0.00629979

i actually bought it for 0.00510000 so i made almost zero profit

I DAY TRADED COINS THAT WOULD'VE BEEN WORTH TENS OF MILLIONS NOW

I WANT TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF FOR LISTENING TO /POL/ WOLF OF WALL STREET LARPERS

>keeping coins on gox
>keeping coins on mintpal
>keeping coins on cryptsy
>dice

if ur that fucking rich just put some money on binance coin and wait 2 days and sell 1 and 1 bitcoin out slowly.

>dice
I know that feel.
Thought I had the perfect martingale system.

>>keeping coins on gox
>>keeping coins on mintpal
>>keeping coins on cryptsy
what happened? did the exchange steal your coins?

ouch

went all in on CFI, thinking ICO niggers would require it

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Mined instead of buy and hodl, would be multi millionaire if I had listened

thought bitcoin was crashing last month

bitcoin didn't even budge when the btc-e hack was reported, this shit is going no where but up foreverr

>turn everything into usdt just before the mid july crash
>wait for the bottom and chuck everything into ETH
>buy at 150 and put up a stop loss just below that
>price goes up to 180 or some shit before i go to bed
>wake up, find out ive been liquidated
>look at the chart
>it went down just far enough to hit my stop loss and straight back up to 180ish within less than a minute

didnt lose a great deal but it pissed me off knowing that whales are various assholes have the power to manipulate coins to that extent

also made a fuck tonne of mistakes since i got in and have been bettering myself since

although i did buy into fomo this week, bought neo at 990k and DNT at an ALT. these will rebound of course but at least ill learn from my mistakes

as far as potential losses go, buying into ANS at $4 and selling for $6 will haunt me for a while

sold some BTC before the fork

yeah i did that too. didnt realise it was "free money"(i would have held though, just like im doing with the little i got because aug 17) and all that until a week or two later lol

Lesson learned. In a very volatile market like crypto you - n e v e r - put a stop loss up. It's fucking stupid unless you're invested in some dogshit bag holder coin and wont have your computer handy for weeks/months

>never put a stop loss
it must be opposite day on Veeky Forums

There is a whale suppressing the price right now. There is a moderate buywall in bitcoins and a bigass fucking great sell wall of china in NEO-USD. Hopefully when the price of bitcoin stabilizes, or you retards stop feeding him, the price will finally rise again.

Wrong thread, lol.

i also bought 2 btc of ans/neo at 25k sats and sell them at 40k sats, and many many more on polo

Have literally never lost money because I don't buy shitcoins.

sold 10k storj before todays breakout because i broke even. lol. #killme

It really depends on the coins, on bitcoin or eth it's probably going to cost you more than it will save

Chaincoin was the most obvious scam in crypto

Going near this was the biggest mistake of my crypto career

You are dumb, when you delete something the data is still there until it is overwritten. It is theoretically possible for the data to still be on that drive.

Biggest mistake was selling everything before the fork on the 1st of august.

Had some solid positions in ans, metal, and eth that would have been worth a lot now, had I held. In hindsight, the reason I made this decision was because of the segwit fear crash in mid july. I expected a repeat of the same crash. Instead, everything went sideways for a week and then absolutely supermooned, while I was left on the ground.

Pic related. These were my buy in prices on entry cryptos, not even taking into account my alt holdings. I converted it all to btc and sold 7/31, somewhere between 2600 and 2800$

wow totally forgot I was supposed to attach buy history

FUCKING DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT IF I SEE THIS FUCKING MUSLAMIC CRYPTO CUBE ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME

Sold 5 BTC bought at $2500 before August 1st.
FML

I sold all my coins at the very bottom of the most recent massacre

Bought the rumor of Kurrent going up x10 back in June and held for 2 months after realizing one month I fell for some bagholder scheme.

Thankfully someone even dumber put out a buy order for these useless shits two weeks ago and I unloaded my bags. Prices dropped 50% since then.

Buy 9 BTC worth of ETH around the time devcon happened at about 0.024.
Decide I want to quit trading because it's too stressful and set a sell order for all my ETH at 0.024.
Then... well ETH mooned like crazy.
If I sold at the top I'd have like 20 - 30 more BTC
Didn't lose money, but I did miss out bad

sold 50 antshares at $6

baught a tractor off craiglists for 400. it broke the next day.

>bought ETH at a little over $1 each
>still holding, now over $300 each
>tfw only bought less than 12 of them because poorfag
>tfw at like $3k+ profit so far but if not poorfag could have been $3m+ profit

drunk grabbed about 1 BTC worth of steem back in June.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!

Purchased a shitload of BTC when it was $1, used it to buy (and inevitably sell) drugs, went to jail.

Should have just hodl'ed, lel. Top that one, user.

Use Recuva, find your wallet file
Then send some BTC to 1PPYoHBpfDnegKGYRfTHPrnE3jrUYQuM7J
Thanks

lost 400 eth margin trading - first 5 trades I was up 22 BTC (about 85k USD at the time) then - went short and ETH rallied, went long and 2 hours later the parity wallet hack happened, I continued to hold and bitcoin mooned, causing eth to dip to .066, I sold the remaining ETH for BTC and eth bounced back to .085

kept trying to make up for the huge loss, literally 17 trades in a row, the market did the opposite of what I predicted... I started to question whether Polo on a micro level was a conspiracy to steal muh coins...

lost the gains and 75 percent of my initial investment

JUST

>Selling drugs on the darknet
Got any stories? How'd they catch you?

>going all in on chaincoin
>heavily promoted by this guy who most heavily watched videos are about female minecraft players

The chaincoin scam was pretty interesting to watch as an outside observer.

bought Stratis all time high $11

crashed to $2.50

nice

I never really sold online, it was mostly "conventional" once I'd actually imported stuff. Consequently most of my stores come from that context as well.

One time one of my partners and I were tending to a plot of dope plants in a huge gully and the fucking neighbor decides to start shooting clay pigeons. Then he starts loading off into the gully for whatever reason, probably just for fun and not realizing we were there. He was about 100m distant but didn't really matter, we hit the dirt as we heard the birdshot whizzing past. Fucking terrifying but we were both giggling at the time. We were pinned down for about 30 seconds but it felt a lot longer than that... afterwards we promptly got the fuck out and in the future we visited the grow only when we knew the neighbor was indisposed.

Good times.

Correction; buckshot. Or has least something heavy and a shitload more dense than birdshot

are you me??
heaviest bags my arms are going to fall off

Wait a sec, you lost 75% of your 85k initial investment?

How new are you?

Oh, I got another one. I backed out of buying Ripple at 4 cents because I figured it was bound to dip the next day. Ended up buying at 33 cents.

I fucking hate Ripple now.

I SODL all my holdings 2 weeks ago.

starting funds 500 eth, lost 400 eth, but at one point was up 22 BTC ontop of the initial investment, so in total? I don't want to think about it.

Polo has terrible tools for margin trading honestly. Doesn't let you cover correctly. Not blaming them but on a more robust platform I think my losses would have been significantly lower.

#shithappens