Outside of the last 100 years, when was the comfiest time to live?

Outside of the last 100 years, when was the comfiest time to live?

>Outside of the last 100 years

Sorry, I'm a retard who can't read.

1890's prolly

I really like the idea of living in Victorian London.

Yes, it would smell like shit literally all the time, but you'd be at the forefront of an ever-expanding improvement of the human race.

There was a period from like 1814-1914 where things were just getting better all of the time from the perspective of a Londoner.

>WWI
>comfy

um, more like 1913...
that date is actually one of the most noteworthily horrible ones

That depends on where you are and who you were obviously.

Being a lower class woman at any time before the 60s could be dangerous and difficult.

Assuming that you could be born into the body of anyone: male or female, rich or poor etc... then I would say that your best bet is New Zealand in 1900-1916. Very low violence and woman could vote in 1893 (first in the world) so it was probably the best place for a woman at that time.

Also, New Zealand is beautiful and nice.

Once the Maori settle down New Zealand is pretty comfy for the rest of its existence.

living as an assyrian during 700 BC would be awesome but not for anyone else tho

>Being a lower class woman at any time before the 60s could be dangerous and difficult.
>a blu blu getting married and having children was literal hell on earth a blu blu

Idk it probably would have been tough living but I always fantasize about living in the proto civ period where people were gradually starting to build the very first permanent settlements. Like imagine talking to your grandfather about how his grandfather only knew a life of hunter gathering.

>Being a lower class woman at any time before the 60s could be dangerous and difficult.
More dangerous than doing back-breaking labor and fighting wars?

Mid-19th century.

From what I understand, early farmers had a worse diet than their hunter-gatherer contemporaries. So grandpa would constantly be complaining about how things were better back in the day, and he'd be right too.

But where? For who? Mid century wouldn't be great, considering the Civil war could be thought of as "mid-century".

Early 1900's English countryside. That's the closest there is to paradise.

ancient athens

>More dangerous than doing back-breaking labor and fighting wars?
Working class Women have always laboured on farms and worked for money. The whole housewife phenomenon was for the middle and upper classes. It expanded in the 50s when everyone had more money.

I meant it was dangerous in terms of the risk of being raped. Also married off to ugly men who you hate. Beaten and raped by your husband. Not allowed to vote. Dying in childbirth ect...

English countryside.

1920's, before the Crack

Probabably 2117, would't want to live in anytime else.

>you'd be at the forefront of an ever-expanding improvement of the human race.
You'd be working 16 hour days and getting pay docked every time some 12 year old gets stuck in the machines, it was pretty shit until the 1860s tbqh

Some minor Samoan island, 500 BC. No predators to worry about. No raids from rivals or neighbors (probably). The Tongans wouldn't go all empire on everyone for a millennium and a half. Just fish and chill until I'm an elder, then just chill.