Art Thread II

Art Thread II

First for personal favorite

Why are these girls always so sleepy. They need some coffee or espresso.

Because being a woman is hard

I've had models fall asleep naked on me when posing in very comfy poses so I'm not surprised. I just let them sleep and resume drawing/painting.

CUTE

Antinous is tooooo aesthetic

Jacopo Ligozzi, 1604

Veeky Forums.org/pol

Hey, chief. You okay? You playing corpse or you putting the blinds on the Dusties? I thought you were a deader for sure.

What?
"Veeky Forums - History & Humanities"

is that his pet squirrel?

anyone else like romanticism?

Damn.

Of course.

The amenities of a Muslim's sin

First for personal favorite

these are fantastic.

>

Yeah seeing this at the Met is very beautiful but it doesn't quite compare to

the most bro tier emperor

>Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

>O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.
>Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!
>So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

>- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

Dont mind if I post a couple of favorites?

Art gives me weird emotions

That picture gives my weewee a weird emotion

kek
I think it's a cool painting, but every time I post it I get pervy responses.

that means it's working, if it didnt, it could hardly be called art.

Which is probably why I have problems with modern art, no I am not discrediting modern art, (with classical art we have the fortune of having forgotten all the shitty and mediocre art, we are stuck with mediocre and shitty contemporary art because we dont have the fortune of having forgotten about it.)

Modern art has become so cryptic of what it's trying to convey, in many cases, just a meta commentary and sometimes a inside joke. Even the best of contemporary art as really hard to wrap your head around and the only feeling you're left with is either confusion or thinking it was clever. It almost never evokes a mood, feeling or a radical thought. You can go through a modern art gallery in 15 minutes and not miss a thing, it just works on a surface level, any more depth doesnt exists untill you give it depth and the artist is very well aware of that and I say fuck that, I am not here to give your art value.

Sorry about the rant, I'm an art pleb.

History's first smug anime face.

This is modern art and it certainly evoked a mood in me when I saw it in person. It's huge in person too. Quite striking.

still very traditional though

>Modern art has become so cryptic of what it's trying to convey
Well sometimes it's the opposite. Sometimes all a piece of modern art is, is a political/philosophical message. The piece of art is used solely to convey a message so the artist ends up not caring about the aesthetics of his art.

My point is Modern art is pretty varied, it's just that you need to know where to look. It can be straightforward or cryptic as you call it.

true, but I dont care much for the minimalist abstract expressionism ( or whatever it's called at this point). It's all so underwhelming and the snobbery when you dont much care for it. It's like walking into a room where everyone is completely high of their asses and talking about how profound the universe is on a rudementary high school philosophy level.

I understand why we are at this point, we couldnt have painted landscapes and grapes for all eternity, but I wish for something more when I go to a contemporary art exhibition, and when I do, all my hopes and expectations are crushed by feelings of disapointment when it's all so underwhelming.

Am I expecting too much? Will reading up on post modern art help me appreciate it more?

I want to COLONIZE her.

is there supposed to be an alium in her dress?

>Am I expecting too much? Will reading up on post modern art help me appreciate it more?

Idk. I just know that a lot of the rules that all forms of art used to have were thrown out the window in the past couple of centuries, and it was pretty cool for a little bit with stuff like Jazz and Expressionism, but it went to far and now we're here with shitty excuses for "art."

At least there were some cool art movements that occurred during the decline though.

>Maximum file size allowed is 4 MB
fuck my arse

any others of this model? Theres one in particular i like that i never saved

>plebs still not understanding the difference between modern and contemporary art

>Am I expecting too much? Will reading up on post modern art help me appreciate it more?
No, it won't. I have and it didn't. I'd say your assessment that the best you can get out of it is the feeling that it was pretty clever is accurate. Reading up on it helped me find more of the works clever, and a huge portion of it certainly is essentially an inside joke so the further knowledge definitely helps there but it's still terribly unevocative. A lot of people point to DuChamp's "Fountain" as the most ridiculous example of modern art but that's missing the point; that was actually a very clever commentary on the contemporary nature of art and the gallery system, and in addition created some extremely intense emotions in those that viewed it due to its queerness and the intentional hubbub it caused. Very original and pretty cool. But what's shit is that that spawned a whole copycat fad that continues till today of putting random objects in art galleries and claiming it's deep. That is my main issue with the art of today as a whole: it really is too easy to just do something that no one else "gets." It's essentially the value of your name that determines the value of your work; the meaningfulness of the work depends entirely on the weight of the artist's name.
Can't remember the artist but there was one who commented on this by selling cans labelled "Artist's Shit" for $500 a pop and made a killing.

Try looking at some of Lucian Freud's work for a relatively modern and yet still understated, honest, and emotionally charged style of painting. But then again I'm a portraitfag so I'm a little biased.