Why can't you repent in hell?

Why can't you repent in hell?

because it against the rules

because god has no power there

isn't he omnipotent?

Because Veeky Forums is hell and there is no /repent/ board. Thanks Hiroshimoot.

COZ' I DINDU NUFFIN !!!!!

do we even know you can't

because you stop existing

That's an interesting question, and I honestly think it's because sinners who wind up in hell are so consumed by their sin that they can't repent from it even as they suffer beyond human comprehension. Sort of like how junkies don't stop shooting dope even as they sink lower and lower into degradation.

In other words it's less that the damned can't repent than it is that the damned won't repent.

Are you implying that junkies can't get clean? Your comparison is retarded.

>has the keys to hades
>no power

2/10 made me reply

>Why can't you repent in hell?

Because you missed your chance. Everyone wants to repent once they are in hell, you had a choice before you went to hell, you chose hell so now you have to "live" with your choice.

It's possible that you can, it's just that logically there is no impetus for God to tell anyone that they can repent in Hell, because if they knew they could then no one would bother to trying to live a christian life.

So in other words god's a dick.

>Avoiding torture is not a good incentive.

Depends from sort of religion.

From what I understand, which is not too great, is that early Christianity had different ideas about this. The universality idea was that everyone repents eventually in hell and thus its temporary. Another idea was that hell was just annihilation rather than a place you go to, you just stop existing.

Zoroastrian hell was like the Christian universalist one, everyone eventually gets out. I think the Jehovah witnesses believe in the hell = annihilation thing. Then there are the Gnostics, like the Cathars, who believed that the world we live in right now is hell, if you don't get saved you get reincarnated back here, your in hell right now.

>>Avoiding torture is not a good incentive.
If you could repent in hell you could just repent the moment you hit hell. Although honestly being a Christian doesn't really take any effort, so if you actually believe in the Christian religious traditions only a retard wouldn't be Christian.

>needs 6 days to create a planet
>and one the 7th to rest
>omnipotent

Maybe he's just lazy.
>There are tons of universes with their own gods
>Our god is a lazy stoner who threw his universe together at the last minute for a school project

Or just repent on your deathbed and save you the suffering of going to hell. Seeing as this is allowed I see no reason why god wouldn't accept people's repentence in hell.

Why can't you sin in heaven?

Unless you are ol'Lucy off course.

Supposing free will exists there is no reason not to presume that people can't sin in heaven.

can, not can't.

But Revelation 21:4 promises that in the eternal state, we will never experience death, sorrow, crying, or pain.

So isn't that a bit contradictory to being able to sin and then get all that shit in punishment for it?
Also, Thessalonians 4:3 mentions that God will pretty much make us into Saints unable to sin so could the opposite be considered with Satan and sinners?

Because hell is quite literally a place without God.

That is the reason it is a hell; there is no God there.

They could repent all they want, but no one would be there to listen to their prayers. An existence without God. That is hell.

pic related

Revelations isn't canon, it was just included to keep the Jewish Christians from throwing a hissy fit.

>Satan
Satan is extra-Biblical and also non-canon. But anyways the whole point of him is that he's too proud to repent even though he knows he's in the wrong.

Its easy to repent when youre trying to save your own skin instead of feeling sorry of what you did.

>Satan is extra-Biblical and also non-canon.
jesus literally goes into the wilderness and is tempted by satan in the gospels

I'm implying that lots of junkies don't get clean even when it's killing them. Suffering alone usually isn't enough to provoke a change in heart.

Still, Thessalonians 4:3 and 5:23 says that God will pretty much "sanctify" us into holy being unable to commit sin, unless you consider that also non-canon.

>Satan is extra-Biblical and also non-canon.
So we are talking about Gehenna where Jews would go to sacrifice their children as canon Hell here?

No, he is tempted by an entity, an adversary, in the desert. Medieval theologians came up with a universal enemy causing mischief throughout the Old and New Testaments. Every villain, from the snake, to the Pharaoh, to the gods of Egypt, to the king(s) of Babylon, was lumped together under this one "Adversary". Satan, from the Hebrew meaning "Adversary". Mind you, because of the actions of the snake we see all snake's losing their limbs. Why would God take the limbs off of all snakes everywhere if it was just Satan in snake clothing?

>your in hell right now.
It aint so bad T b h

>needed to rest
Abrahamics just don't know how omnipotence works.

Is that the point of the Pascal wager?
Repent because if daddy god exist I burn my ass, so only those who truly believe will be save those who really liked the message

>You can only feel sorry if you believe in god

Who said he needed to rest? Do you only take vacation days when you are on the verge of a mental breakdown from stress? Maybe he was just sick of universe building and decided to take a day to let the universe take care of itself.

Perhaps you should reread my post before embarassing yourself.

?

You assumed it was possible and I just replied it wasn't with Bible quotes. How is that "embarassing myself" and why did it take you more then one over to come up with that retort, friend?

>take you more then one over
well now I feel silly, not embarassed but silly

You have to be sincere; you have be sorry that you committed aboniable acts not that you are going to be pubished for them

The Old Testament says so.

Why not just let people stop fucking existing instead of being a cartoonisly evil asshole deity?

Christianity is so stupid, gawsh.

What christians call "god" is actually the Demiurge, a petulant manchild who feigns benevolence and mastery over existence. Study some Gnosticism for the truth and rise past it.

Am I the only one who would prefer hell rather than oblivion?

because it doesn't exist

Cus God is a moralfag

You can, and you'll be accepted into Heaven.

Hell isn't eternal.

why doesn't god help them?
>inb4 free will
we also help junkies to the best of our abilities, despite overstepping their "free will"

You now know the truth that there is a God and an afterlife. Any good deeds you can possibly make from that point on will only be done to save you from hellfire and not for the sake of others. So you will always have more evil deeds than good deeds and are therefore not welcome in heaven. However I believe God can still forgive you in that state if he wishes.

Heaven and Hell what a fucking stupid concepts. I don't want eternity in happiness, my normal life is fine for me.

I think it's all because 2000 years ago people's life was much, much worse.

God is a cunt. It's beyond me as to how people can worship a god like that.

Didn't Jesus go into hell and take some people up to heaven? Doesn't that show that you can?

You don't want eternity in happiness? Really?!

I thought you could?
Lots of junkies quit, though.

My Christian friend believes hell is for people who would enjoy it.

because then whatever religion you fallow suddenly loses the stack to beat you scared with

He created time after he created the world.

because there is no time in hell or heaven since its eternity and its unchanging.

That doesn't make sense : how can there be an "after" if there is no time?

The gates of Hell are locked from the inside. You won't repent because you won't want to repent, because you will be certain of your having your shit together.

That's retarded. By that logic any good deeds a christian does are to save themselves from hellfire.

god isnt a dick, you made the choice to reject him.

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

Yeah... Totally choice that should be punished by eternal torture. Legally it isn't even a free choice at this point.

boring

>my normal life is fine
Then that's what you'll get in Heaven.

Why would you willingly name yourself taserface?

ok fine then

praise Jesus