Do americans honor the french soldiers who fell on their land during the 4th of july or they don't care ?

Do americans honor the french soldiers who fell on their land during the 4th of july or they don't care ?

take a guess

I imagine there was some awkwardness in the period immediately afterwards when revolutionaries claiming the same democratic ideals overthrew the government that sent those troops to help us, and then the part afterwards where an undeclared war was fought on the seas.

Nah, enough Americans died in WWII saving France that we're even now.

But France honors those american troops every year

I personally think the reason we don't is that we simply don't have as many visual reminders that French lived, fought and died on American soil. When we think of World War I and World War II, there are stark reminders; there are parts of France that still bear the contours of French Lines, and graves for British and American servicemen. But there simply were not that many physical memorials in the US. There were no "French Graveyards" in the US for Americans to walk past everyday and remember the Frenchmen who fought on American soil; even most of the statues were made much later. In Europe, the Napoleonic wars or the War of the Spanish Succession aren't commemorated either for the same reason.

>When we think of World War I

i'll take 'things americans never do' for 500.

>burgers are dumb maymay
Can't wait till this meme dies, every country is full of average intelligence normies

not particularly
and while there are a lot of dumb americans ignorant of history it's not uncommon to find people aware of France's contribution. For example, there are several cities named after Lafayette and pretty much every major city has a street named after him

Do the french even honor their own soldiers?

Or is that right only restricted to Berber warlords.

Anything France did back then is overshadowed by the massive faggots they have been ever since the french revolution.

Yeah to a extent.I rarely see anyone refer to the french troops that fought on the U.S. nearly as much as the American Soldiers(possibly since most americans just don't think about the French in the U.S. Revolutionary War).However this doesn't mean the U.S. doesn't respect the French that fought. The best example I can give would be that of Lafayette,where upon his death he had a military funeral which was on par with that of George Washington.

Lafayette was a huge hero for Americans and is one of only eight people ever to be granted honorary american citizenship + cities named after him

It's not like burgers are dumb, it's more like they are incredibely ignorant to history and geography.
And I am talking from personal experiences with average burgers.

This reads like a shitpost

who?

It's not that Americans are stupid, its just not in the public consciousness. WWI irrevocably changed Europe, and was for many countries their defining moment in regards to national identity.

Are the 30+ cities and towns named for Marquis de Lafayette not enough?

>WWI irrevocably changed Europe
For the USA, it was a Tuesday

>if you dont know about the irrelevant shithole where I live, youre ignorant

God, I hate non-Americans.

For America, it was sunday, when all of the world already fought the whole war for the entire week.

So? You started it, you fix it. You're lucky we did anything at all

*comes in at the end*
Not so fast, durable peace!

>We
>You

History LARPers are the cancer of Veeky Forums.

I'll be honest, most of us don't honor American soldiers, we're just glad to get a day off work.

oh my sweet summer child

>Filename: Declaration of independence
>Picture is clearly that of the Constitution, focusing on the preamble
What did he mean by this, Veeky Forums?

In school and in my family we always talked about how America's Independence was decided in Versailles.

Afaik we never short changed the French contributions and how much it cost them to grant it to us

No one cares. Most people look forward more to the bbq hot dogs and burgers and fireworks and day off of work if you're an adult, ain't got time to think about ancient dead soldiers.

>Egg specials
>triple exclamation points
>"tradional" used twice

It has to do with the nature of how that is address in High school. There is one world history class, one world geography ( that is in some places a option) and one American history class.

WWI is 2 to 3 days in world history class. There is not time for more then that. WWII and its run up is given a full week.

I believe that the issues is a over focus on music in the school system. In many of the better funded schools there is 3 fucking years of either music or sports mandated in grades 6th thru 8th. That plus state history , of which no one not even Texans really give a shit about, force all of the real education of history and geography onto high schools that have the needs of other subject already placed on them.

>Hurr I am from 'Merika so I don't need to know geography durr

It's quite funny, because most of the countries you call "irrelevant" have already existed for centuries before 'Merika was even discovered.

They almost beat all of Europe in the Napoleonic Wars, then a hundred years later they played the key role in stopping the Germans in WW1.

What about the Spanish and Dutch contribution?

We consider them Americans.

Seriously though Frenchies have been trying to ""subtly"" remind us that they ""invented"" freedom for years and we've always rebuffed their silliness.

Most notably with the Statue of Liberty which they intended to be a reminder of 'where freedom comes from' and we flipped around to be a symbol of freedom from archaic laws and oppression.

If you wanted us to stay friends you shouldn't have gone full Robespierre.

One day mooore. Fuck I love being American.

No because only 2,000 died here. Even Irish had more

Catholic school really is a joke.

*even the Irish

Americans barely honor the inventor of the Big Mac

>state school

Yankee detected.

Only teasing of course. Hope you have fun plans for tomorrow.

If you think that's true you really don't understand Americans.

Robespierre literally did nothing wrong.

Don't worry Pierre. There are a lot of Americans who acknowledge France's contributions to our independence.

Our military also has great respect for the modern French military.

My family does; however, the French are usually seen as cowards after WW2. Sad since France has a lot of military history

It's an accepted fact that French revolution overshadow American revolution (which was just a war of independence and nothing else).

many people on this board forgetti that Napoleon was in fact ITALIAN
Ajaccio or Ajax is filled with Italians

Honestly considering the majority of any modern country are working normies, I doubt that many people in allied countries think about the french either. History isn't the only subject in school and it certainly isn't the most popular for adults, considering the working class cares more about the subject their work is focused on and there's the work in history, while plentiful, is not well advertised or known. Historical revisionism is also a big thing too, although I know the French were a major reason for why we won, I barely acknowledge until it's brought to my attention because it's not as advertised as "muh american soldiers dying for freedom and to oppress tyranny"