"My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood...

>"My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs)—or to 'unconstitutional' Monarchy."

What did Tolkien mean by this?

He was a brainlet

>have elaborate autistic fantasies about a bunch of elves and midgets eating breakfast and saving the world
>be celebrated as a genius for decades after your death

What did society mean by this?

Pretty obvious isn't it? Tolkien was an anti-democrat. He just couldn't come out and say it so blatantly. Anyone who observes people and studies history as extensively as Tolkien will inevitably come to this conclusion. (If you want to learn more: read Junger)

He wanted a hero-society

>He wanted a hero society
But how does anarchy accomplish that?

Phoenixes rising from the ashes.

Anarchy gives rise to monarchy. Monarchy is a formal and codified stage of warlordism.

Why was John so sad lads?

He was a protopunk.

Existence if inherently tragic. Every good thing in your life exists due of prior suffering. The necessity of suffering is one of the earliest instances of human pattern recognition, and I suspect the origin of sacrificial superstition.

Do you think concept of "tragedy" is intrinsic to human consciousness or a social construct? Please explain.

Suffering in intrinsic to human consciousness. There's of course the persistent nagging dissatisfaction described by the Buddhist concept of 'dukkah', but I'm referring to more than that. Mortality and scarcity, combined with duhhah, mean suffering is unavoidable. It's evident as a historical pattern, in which humans of good character have killed each other over the basic demands of survival--the mutual exclusivity of families and tribes, the impossibility of two things occupying the same space, the brutality of war making room for peaceful lulls of civility. It's a cycle that can't be escaped from, except in death, because it's part of life. It's the root of ideas of human guilt, the marred flaw in existence, and the attempt to explain why things have to be that way.

Christianity, for example, says 'original sin' physically altered existence to be thus.

Do you think 'dukkah' is intrinsic to human consciousness? Is feeling guilt advantageous for a species?

I think it is since there doesn't seem to be a human alive who is not caught in the nexus of suffering, pain, sorrow, affliction, anxiety, dissatisfaction, discomfort, anguish, stress, and frustration. I don't think humans can or should be blamed for feeling this way. The pressures of existence only add to the difficultly. However, people still exhibit dukkah even when every possible material comfort is provided, and I suspect they would even if we became immortal, possibly even more so.

Guilt as is internalized shame can be a neurosis, especially if it's guilt for something one didn't do. Simply seeing, being aware of one's predispositions, weaknesses, and one's general nature is preferable to guilt in my opinion. I don't believe in apologizing for existing, but on the other hand there is no simple answer to how to wrestle with the moral contradictions of being. Hence the religious diversity of the planet.

I preferring the 'rising beast' conception of man rather than the 'fallen angel'. I think it puts the brutality of our nature in a more sympathetic light. Humans for the most part are doing they best that they can.

>'rising beast'

Rising to what?

>Rising to what?

That's the fascinating question. There is no known upper limit. Obviously the individual has material limits. But what are the limits for our biological evolutionary continuum (I wouldn't use the word 'species' because given a long enough timeline, that will change)? What are the spiritual limits of the individual?

I'm perfectly willing to draw the line short of Creator, but there is still plenty of room in Creation for all manner of sub-creators, which we all our even now in our relatively modest forms. But the truth is, no one has any idea what the limits are, nor whether it's a unidirectional proposition. There may be multiple divergent modes of being. There may also be backsliding. We're at the mercy of nature and circumstance to a large degree.

Angels are some of those sub-creatures and then some people believe in things like elves and fairies. There are so many curious things in the universe it is amazing.

Goodnight user.

A world here warriors like us are honoured as we once were... as we should be.

That was Big Boss's fantasy.

It was his dying wish! When he was young, during the Cold War, the world needed men like us. We were valued then. We were desired. But things... are different now. With all the liars and hypocrites running the world, war isn't what it used to be... We're losing our place in a world that no longer needs us. A world that now spurns our very existence. You should know that as well as I do.

He discovered the perfect ideology, anarcho-monarchism.

>anarcho-monarchism
memes got too far.

You think so, but you're wrong.

He didn't just write fantasy books, he was a well read historian and linguist.

Wise. There are no limits to a question, only the answer, which unveils a greater question, and so on. Rising beast is a bit to dramatic, as is fallen angel. The thinker is perhaps the most fitting image of man as a being, and therein lies the tragedy; to be and think, and not just to be, because it is to question and reach for a being that you feel is a part if you, but isn't yet you. Therein also lies the hope and potential, what remains is the work in between.

(I secretly love America but am too proud to admit it)

It's ok bro we love you back.

anarchism is a mental illness

You mean tribalism?

probably abolition of control