World War I

> World War I
> It's reasons is really complicated and includes the interconnected web of alliances, imperialism, nationalism, economic pressure, mistakes of the monarch, agenda of individuals, colonialism, etc.
> World War II
> HITLER DID IT

Germans are responsible for WW1, too.

Well the truth is that world war two resulted directly from the German attempts to overturn the results of the first world war.

>It's Germany's fault Britain and France declared war on them for no real reason

>Implying the Franco-Prussian war, WW1 and WW2 aren't the fault of germans being germans

Germans repeatedly broke promise and treaties. The french and British were so desperate for peace that they let Germany annex all of the Czech land. I mean ill agree that some things like the militarization of the Rhineland and anexation of Austria were reasonable. But Germany was showing no signs of stopping its war mongering.

>hey, don't do X or else Y
>fuck you I'm gonna do X
>okay so we'll do Y
???

Not sure if meme or not

>the whole of Eastern/Central Europe except Czechoslovakia was run by authoritarian regimes
>it's all Versailles's fault
Although you can claim that many of these states wouldn't exist if not for Versailles.

They were so desperate for peace, that they declared war unprovoked, hmm

What is X supposed to be here? Germany did nothing to Britain or France

If you shoot my friend I'll shoot you back, how is this any different

Germany invaded Czechoslovakia. This was ignored. Then he invaded Poland. This could not be ignored. What's so hard to understand? Poland had secured a defensive pact with the allies to try and deter Hitler from invading, and he did it anyway.

What do you think would happen if Germany Annexed Poland and the western powers did nothing.
The rest of Europe would realize that France and Britains word means nothing and the only way to protrct themselves would be to ally with Germany. This would give them overwhelming influence and power. Enough so that Britain and especially France might be obliged to give into any policy that Germany was pressuring them into. So it was directly.in the interest of the western powers to stop the Germans from gaining a position of overwheliming power.

Well, mainly Austrians tbqf

>we MUST protect the independence and freedom of Poland
>by turning it into a Soviet puppet dictatorship

What did they mean by this?

They meant FDR was a pussy faggot cripple

Well that is something that the germans really ensured. And by the time the war ended the situation was very different. The allies and soviets had been fighting together for four years with Britain and France being totally unable to resit and the Americas rightfully so judging eastern Europe to be much less valuable to its interests than it was to France and Europe. On top of that the war with Japan was still going on and starting a war with the soviets would make the final knockout of Japan much nore difficult. Because of possible Soviet Aid and a perception in Japan among the leadership that they may be able to survive.

Why are you even bothering to reply to an obvious wehraboo?

All the time.
>why did Britain and England declare war on G*ermany?
>Alliances

One of them was responsible for WW2 also.

>we MUST keep communism out of Europe
>by splitting up Poland, a country that had stopped the Bolsheviks at Warsaw 20 years ago, between us and the Soviet Union
What did they mean by this?

That's correct, OP. What's the point?

I "rooted" for Germans when I was reading up on WWI, but this is pretty much true.

The main reason why everyone was at each other's throats in WW1 instead of just A-H and Germany having a go with Russia and Serbia was because of the Schlieffen Plan.

Germany launched an attack on France and invaded Belgium to do that. Which pissed off France and Britain when they haven't even joined the war on Russia's side yet.

You can rationalize it with "They'd still join the war, Germany was just grabbing the opportunity while it's here", but this action makes Germany the aggressor, and therefore responsible for the escalation of the war.

Like when your friend is fighting some dude and you want to help him, punch the dude, not a dude's friend who has nothing to do with the fight yet. And don't tackle this other nerdy who is on your way, because that nerd has a big friend who doesn't even have a skin in this fight and wouldn't even join otherwise.

whats with commie shills and adding "boo" to everything
commies are not adopting babyspeak?
agoo goo gaa ga boo

I agree but i also feel that it was not a plan without merit. I cannot come up with a plan that had a greater chance of suceeding knowing whatcwas known before world war one. Even the french thought the german attack would come through Belgium.

Somewhat related:
>evil fanatical authoritarian militarist fascist reactionaries forced Japan into conquering Asia!

>never mind that the Japanese empire had already annexed Taiwan, Korea and Manchuria decades ago while everyone was busy fawning over how Western and progressive it was and how their backward neighbors deserved every ass-kicking they got

the militarists are the reason Japan LOST the war maybe

Don't forget about WIlly deciding to threaten the British fleet for literally no real reason

Yup, that's why I rooted for Germany even though I knew it was clearly at fault.

They almost got away with it. Multiple times. Had their diplomacy been a little bit better, have their Austrian cousins been not retarded, have they actually reached Paris, etc, etc.

This is also why it was so frustrating for germans to lose in the end. They felt like they almost had it for the whole time, and then BAM - "You lose, good day sir."

Personally, i believe they were less close than you think. They may have won a protracted war if the british were not involved, but taking Paris is harder see.

The Marne was their one big chance and they blew it

Why did they? I mean German Sturmtroopers generally had more experience .

Germany's failure to adopt the tank in significant enough numbers

You sound upset, wehraboo

>he likes nazi germany too much better use my baby insults to tone him down

>tone him down

That isn't how that word works in English.

Hello ESL speaker

>tfw they all moved on from /pol/ because the flags revealed that most of the stormposters were from Eastern Europe

I can use my engrish however I want as long as it's carries the message
and most of the leftards are canadian chinks and countries with barely functioning governments or overwhelmingly corrupt, really interesting

Jesus Christ this ESL is mad as fuck

>ugly chink rage shitposting intensifies

>wwi
>Germany did nothing wrong to Britain
>*conquers belgium*
>heh, nothing personnel Britain, leave France to me
>Britain: no... you just violated the sovereignty of a neutral country which we have a defensive alliance treaty with. fuck you its war asshole

newfag spotted

all the oldfags an herod long ago
don't know who're calling newfag little shit

>World War II
>SEQUEL OF WORLD WAR I

>Falling for the Weltpolitik meme

and that one Austrian just so happen to be Hitler.
Austria needs to be stripped of Independence and their government replaced by a U.S puppet

>They were so desperate for peace, that they declared war unprovoked, hmm

>sure, we'll look the other way while you re-arm
>sure, we'll look the other way while you re-militarize the rhineland
>sure, we'll look the other way while you annex austria
>sure, we'll look the other way while you dismember our ally
>Hey Germany please don't invade Poland come on dude

Clearly, ((((((((((Britain)))))))))) was hell-bent on war with Germany.
I really feel so bad for Chamberlain, he worked with Hitler in good faith, all logic and good sense was with him, who could want another war just 20 years after the war? Everyone knew how horrible war is but (((Hitler))) couldn't be reasoned with and he had to destroy Europe, costing millions of lives and ruining nationalism for all future generations.

It was the fault of a Serb guided by the hand of a furry.

> It's Germany ruins Europe episode!