If romans were tan/Mediterranean as Veeky Forums claims...

If romans were tan/Mediterranean as Veeky Forums claims, then how come there isn't a single historical illustration depicting them as anything but Casper white?

Nearly all depictions of them from Antiquity show them as being Mediterranean. Look at Roman sculptures and frescos. Paintings that show them as being white are not contemporaneous with the Empire.

Because fucking white people

It was probably a mix, all roads led to Rome after all.

that painting wasn't done by anyone alive during the time of Caesar

Pablo the pool boy on the right

He was the owner of the house they found it in

the depictions that come to most peoples' minds are renaissance era

>casper white
fuck off nigger

>what is historical anachronism
I'm sure you aren't THAT retard to think Alexander the Great fought with medieval knights, right?

Actual Roman paintings show white people

Actual Roman paintings show light-skinned women and dark, Mediterranean-skinned men. Almost like the men spent more time outdoors or something.

>BLACKED

Mediterranean in not a sound classification.

>painting done 1500 years after the fact by white people

It's almost like you didn't read my post at all.

Does the fact that untanned Romans are painted white and your little explanation prove that their dark skin was environmental not genetic?

WIR

>as Veeky Forums claim

Since when? Are we in the same universe?

To be fair, I assume that this is a picture of Caeser in Gaul and he was there for a long time. His tan is probably faded in the picture.

WE

your insecurity is showing loser.

Samefag.

The mediterranean tan thing is mostly a meme, most meds just have a normal pale skin, the tanned ones are a minority.

because global warming and anglos going WeWuz to auto-insert themselves as romans

What about when it's summer. Isn't that when all the tanning happens

well yeah but that's not a permanent tan, we just have godlike shapeshifting abilities

Pool boys need to live somewhere too.