What do you think his/

Is nationality a make Believe? Most americans are not related to the English that founded the colonies. Yet they see it as their history.

>americans
Do you mean eurangutan "immigrants"?

the US isn't an ethnic nation and doesn't claim to be

nationality is a spook, it doesn't matter unless you fall for it, the country you were born in doesn't matter so long as you don't let it's culture dictate your entire life, sure, certain countries have advantages, some have more money, etc, but at the end of the day it only dictates what you grew up with

I wouldn't know, since my ancestors did found the colonies. However, other races such German, Dutch, and French have been in America just as long or nearly as long as the English and are just as American.

This

>making them "less American" than niggers
Not really, no. Until the 1860s, only a white man could become a naturalized citizen. A nigger could not. So the founding fathers would consider some Irishman from the 1880s more American than any nigger ever.

There aren't knives in the world to stab people like you as much as I'd like.

>Yet they see it as their history.
My family came over in the 1950s, yet Europeans would say "hurr you're American u can't call urself European because ur not from here"

I'm not American enough for the Americans and I'm not European enough for the Europeans.

The founding fathers have more black descendants than white ones.

that's funny, I'm related to turn of the 19th century north european immigrants, and the founding people of the country

and I hate people that think this sort of thing in the OP pic is an argument

what's the problem, upset your nationality is ultimately pointless?

How about you stop talking about your heritage and simply embrace America.

This is true. Black Americans are intrinsically tied to America.

Nationality is a social construct.
Which means, that it is very real and very solid, near indestructible, like all social constructs.

Just because something is make believe doesn't mean its not important.

>Your culture has no effect on you.

>Black Americans are intrinsically tied to America.
Lies.
They've been emancipated since 1863!

>races such German, Dutch
what's the racial difference between someone from Aachen and someone from Düsseldorf

I'm not sure about this, but I would say that Nationalism as we know it came into existence mostly in the 18th or 19th centuries. It is a social construct really, but I think there is truth to it. I think when it comes to something like a tribe, where you share a pretty close genetic heritage you're gonna definitely feel closer to those people. On a nation not as much. Both sides seem to have credibility, in that people feel a bond to those of the same race but also those with the same beliefs, which can sometimes happen regardless of race.
So ehh, I wouldn't deny deny nationalism altogether.

Nothing really, but when one adds things to their post, it can make it less coherent sometimes. I didn't originally have Dutch there.