Who came up with the meme that slavery is bad?

Who came up with the meme that slavery is bad?

Communist

People with an IQ above 90, a.k.a non-cletus

The worst examples not being benevolent same with him crow

Slavery's fate was sealed when people realized freedom is good.

the jew (((abraham))) lincoln

you must be a genuine brainlet to think this

Wh*te ""people""
My grandfather used to own slaves during his youth, now we must import one from India

Spartacus

Anyone studying the productivity of slaves, and the cost benefit analysis of keeping slaves.

Literally Jews.

Slaves.

Slavery is really fucking inefficient. Maybe it's better if you do it the arab way and just let them die rather than wasting resources on them. Morally not so much.

It would be interesting to note the inventions or advances that made it no longer profitable to own slaves

Tractor manufacturers

As far as I can tell, mostly everybody thought slavery was shit but saw it as a necessary evil and had no concept of a world without slavery. It was a lot like war in the modern day, nobody really likes war but nobody says we should ban war. Just because we don't like the idea of setting innocent civilians on fire doesn't mean we wont pull another Dresden the second it is necessary and just because the Romans may not like the idea of condemning innocents to slavery (supposedly the crowd watching the triumphs after a campaign would loose its joyful energy when they saw the children of the conquered royal family in chains) doesn't mean they didn't do so whenever the opportunity came up.

Whoever made the movie Adios Uncle Tom

>let's use less efficient labor that you have to feed and house instead of using machinery
>oh also the labor wants to run away constantly and you have to beat it if you want to get it to work efficiently
Slavery belongs in the past and dystopian fiction

Do you want to be a slave?

Victoria 2 taught me that having slaves would mean less craftsmen, so smaller industry, which means less profit

Slavery is for savage and barbaric cultures. It has no place in a civilized society

#GoodNightAltRight

I don't know, Gracchus bros or something?

>hashtags on Veeky Forums
Neck yourself.

>what is a joke

I think you mean #NeckYourself

Advocating suicide? You're going to hell. #SelfHarm #ContentWarning #25thAmendment #Blessed

Probably some guy who thought that whole working hard under horrible conditions for no pay under the constant threat of violence with little to no chance of escaping it thing was bad.

It was this asshole. He also coincidentally let the jews back into France, really makes you think...

the jews

Your life.

HAHAHAHAHAHA XD XD JOOOOZ

Dresden was less of a neccesary evil then impotent Brit rage about sinking into insignificance. It had absolutely no millitary reason.
Think of some ugly, crooked little man hiding on his island, waiting till the fight is over and than kicking the guy laing on the ground.

I realy hope the day will come that Germany and Shitain will face in a one nation against the other kind of scenario.

We created the englishman by raping the local Picts.
Looking forward to undo that mistake.

Fuck off, retard.

Slavery is economically damaging. It undercuts working class people, stifles innovation in automation and contributes to greater wealth concentration.

That's completely ignoring the moral issues. I honestly think that anytime someone actively says that slavery was a good thing is saying it purely to be edgy.

Likely he is some Libertarian nutjob who would rather be a slave to a "private" master than a slave to the government any day. Because...you know the state is evil and the private sector in all its forms is the best thing ever.
There was no guarantee that your master would be a psychopath and treat you like shit anyway right? I mean look at how some rich families in ancient Rome dressed their slaves. Who cares if you were legally allowed to be tortured in all lawsuit situations or suspicions of criminal acts.
I shit you not. I had a similar an argument with a lolbertarian last month.

t. alex

On to a more historical debate, how did normal Romans go along with slavery so easily? Everyone in ancient Rome had at least 1 slave, even common people. However, anyone, through a twist of Fortune(debt, kidnapped, conquered) could become a slave too, especially if a common person. Even Pliny wrote about this when he was telling his friends not to treat their slaves cruelly because, they just happened to meet with bad fortune. Any freeman could just have easily been put in their shoes or born that way.
With this in mind, how could your average Romans lack so much empathy and not see anything wrong with it as an institution? It's like everyone treated it like a normal part of living even the poor.
Have we grown in empathy over the years as humans? I just don't get it.

I think it is more of a "what are you gonna do about it" mentality.

>Have we grown in empathy over the years as humans?
It's less than 200 years since we abolished slavery in the West and human trafficking and illegal slavery is still pretty rife so probably not. When you have ingrained institutions it is quite hard to change what people think is a normal thing.

Slaves had the potential to be horribly abused but more often than not it was simply a job you couldn't walk away from and your compensation was room and board. Even if you had freedom to move away why would you? The modern day job market and wage labor didn't really exist, what wage jobs did exist were always doled with nepotistic familial relations anyway.

Slavery? Eh, it was really more like "bounded" wage labor where your boss had the right to beat to you to death instead of firing you at the drop of a hat where you're at the mercy of the free market to find another job to feed yourself or risk homelessness and starvation.

Oh the mere right to beat you to death eh? Or rape you at whim or work you to death in mines or sell you on if they wanted even if you were fine where you were. Oh and of course they owned your children as well, if they let you have a family, and could do all of those things to your children as well.

Why, it's just like working at McDonalds!

See, those same nut jobs I was talking about. Perhaps they are also communists.

Get some context user sheesh. Roman era slavery wasn't 24/7 beating your slaves to a pulp just for fun.

I never said it was.

Well put it in the rest of it in context. Remember neighborhoods were essentially controlled by mafia clans and head of households reserved the right to kill their family members.

People lose context when analyzing ancient slavery through the modern capitalist liberal frame.

People weren't necessarily less empathetic back then nor was slavery especially cruel. Society was simply structured differently from top to bottom.

list of completely neutral countries invaded by Germany:

- Netherlands
- Belgium
- Denmark
- Norway
- Czechoslovakia
- Greece
- Yugoslavia
- Luxembourg

Did I miss any?

> b-but w-we were innocent

>Didn't ally with Hitler's grand vision of a degeneracy free Europe
>neutral

They were enemies to Germany in everything but name, libcuck.

and you wonder why nobody bothered to speak up when the allies were bombing your ass to pieces?

>Society was simply structured differently from top to bottom.
Yes, which is why comparing being a slave to modern job is a bit retarded.

Are the Saudi-Arabian whose grandfather owned one Russian and one African sex slave? I remember you user.

Why don't we out your weak ass in a yoke? Tell me how your thoughts then.

Britguy isn't degenerate enough to making out with his siblings. South Africa is probably too busy filming it all.

Pretty much every mechanical engine made slavery more and more obsolete. A tractor is a lot more practical than a field full of black people who'd probably kill you if they had the chance.

Slavery takes on a much more egalitarian light, when you realize it was created as an alternative to genocide.
>Be ancient warlord
>Achieve total victory over a people
>instead of putting the surplus population to the sword, or sacrificing them to your gods, you feed them, clothe them, and give them a sense of purpose for the rest of their lives
Am I not unironically merciful?

Jesus Christ.