Atheism is a Religion

Can we all agree that atheism should be called a religion, and treated as such? After all, they have a system rooted in moral relativism, and a creation myth rooted in chance. Hell, most of them probably treat their supposed ape ancestors and modernist philosophers as patron saints.

Can you call something the same thing as something else which lacks the core aspect which makes it what it is?

A car is a car, no matter what it's fueled by.

Atheism is not a monolithic belief system you retarded nigger

Yeah but is a bike a car?

Correct, it is a modernist's belief system. It attempts to give purpose through accidents, and fails horribly.

Then it merely relies on a one weak human being, rather than a powerful engine.

>most of them probably treat their supposed ape ancestors and modernist philosophers as patron saints.
not really
a lack of car is not called a car
this is true, some atheist are only so because they find religion tedious, they don't care about science past the current pop-sci + trendy-nerd culture
others lack belief because they lack proof of any supernatural happenings, but are otherwise uninterested in the philosophical debate for the existence/absence of a god(s)
others are adamant about god being impossible and proven false even tho is not the case
and many more
atheism is not a religion any more than not being a Miami Heat fan is one

ever heard of "civil" or "secular" religion? it's something that behaves exactly like a religion except it lacks a belief in the supernatural. nationalism and communism are examples of this, as are some subsets of atheism.

You are thinking mode of transport. Your semantics is wrong. A bike is not a car, atheism is not a religion, a religion requires worship of a deity.

Atheism denies all deity so it cannot worship one, therefore it's not a religion. It's still an a-typical faith based system.

Science is deity, makes u man HUH?

He says while basing his view on religion on a couple of U.S protestant sects.

>faith based system
So it's a religion, then?

Atheism doesn't attempt to do anything. It's just the disbelief in any supernatural deities. That's all the word means.

OP, my first reaction was to call you an idiot. But I sincerely hope that you educate yourself, so I will try to help...
>they have a system rooted in moral relativism
No, there is no atheist "system"
>a creation myth rooted in chance
Science makes no claims to know for sure how things started or why.
>most of them probably treat their supposed ape ancestors
Have literally never heard of anyone treating ape ancestors as patron saints
>modernist philosophers as patron saints.
No, just as people who wrote some intersting stuff

many atheist do not worship science, i know somewhere there might be some people that do, but no atheist i know worships science or the scientific method

>a lack of car is not called a car
It's called walking, which is now considered rather inefficient.

Lol, no. Faith =/= religion.

i actually consider your argument important, because many atheist do exactly what you say and paint all christian people as biblebelt maniacs while their ignorance on islam and other religions make them think they are somehow ok

So this?

Incorect, see pic related.

That's like saying numbers=/=math, both are reliant on one another.

Maybe you should read a book. Or, you could explain why faith is explicitly related to religion as a whole.

I shall be waiting.

> The word faith sometimes refers to a belief that is held with lack of reason or evidence, a belief that is held in spite of or against reason or evidence, or it can refer to belief based upon a degree of evidential warrant.
>or it can refer to belief based upon a degree of evidential warrant.

The fact that you take all these scientific principals as fact without having tested them yourselves makes atheism an a-typical faith based system.

if unsderstanding evolution was really a determining factor for school shootings you would expect to see a lot more of them
you can be raised in a secular environment and understand that if supernatural beings are not providing you with a purpose and meaning is up to you to search those things, no sane parent would inculcate into their children the idea that because there is no god is ok to kill people

Hmm? When have I ever done this? Are you sure you aren't projecting a stereotype onto me?

Tell me where did the atheist man touch you.

While an atheist can still acknowledge that one creates their own meaning, the ideology makes it much easier for an outcast who has been denied their meaning (a good job, a pretty waifu, etc) to snap.

Faith without belief is like an engine without a car. It'll never get you there, and could harm you.

>no god
>religion

Pick 1. Next you'll be saying buddhism is a religion too lmao

You can argue certain atheists do all those things you're talking about, but you can't argue that's what atheism means. We still need a word for "not believing in gods," and you ruin that if you try to load a bunch of baggage onto it beyond "not believing in gods." There are atheists who don't do any of what you're talking about and it isn't really fair or accurate to group them in with the ones who do.

It's the opposite actually: faith that one's actions will be vindicated or rewarded by a supernatural being makes it much easier for a person to do inhuman things to others. If one believes in god everything is permitted.

>Everything is permitted in Christianity
What did he mean by this

>historically christians and christian institutions have followed the teachings of jesus to the letter and have not done mental gymnastics to deus vult any perceived enemies

What did he mesh by this?

Mean*

If believing in unicorns means your out of touch with reality, does not believing in unicorns also make you a crazy person?

The "Lord of the flies" was the ultimate redpillreading on religion for me. Stop being scared. Use logic and judgement to look at the world in a realistic way.

Marvelous bait mein bruder.

>Can we all agree that atheism should be called a religion, and treated as such?
What is a religion and how do 'we' treat them?

>After all, they have a system rooted in moral relativism.
Not necessarily. What is humanism?

>and a creation myth rooted in chance.
This is nothing but a straw man. A lack of belief in god does not entail belief in a "creation myth rooted in chance".

Sage

If you will be given eternal paradise for doing [x] and will be given eternal torture for not doing [x] then you will want to do [x]; you are under the influence of punishment and reward so you will ensure that the reward giver sees you do [x] and doesn't seen you not do [x]. Because you're the one who decides what [x] is when you have "Faith" you can effectively do whatever you want as everything you decide to do ([x]) will be inherently moral and everything you don't want to do (not [x]) will be inherently immoral. Reason is replaced with desire and hedonism.

Compare this to the atheist reasoning which is based on reinforcement (we are part of a world that operates independently of us and as such the results of doing or not doing [x] are controllable and the result of natural or artificial processes).

You cannot be moral or ethical and believe in divine punishment/reward at the same time, they are mutually exclusive.

Great plebbit post. Why don't you brush up on you history (things that actually happened) rather than stories.

>heaven is a cookie, hell is a timeout

pleb

>this is what papists actually believe
lmfao, typical. how about actually reading the Bible for once?

Most of the school shooters were faithful Catholics.

Can we also agree that Holy Books are works of the fiction, while we are at it?

You mean heretics. There right up there with (((them)))

Only difference is that Spiderman didn't write his own books.

No, fourth century theologians, Jewish scribes, and eleventh century royal scribes did.

They merely compiled them.

Like the Bible?

> Spiderman didn't write his own books
Of course, he isn't. They are written by One-Above-All, the highest deity of the Omniverse and in every possible universe, including our world.

God is weakling (ruling only over one universe) compared to Omnideities like him.

Y'all're some real contrarian cunts, ya know that, right?

Not an argument

Wasn't meant to be

Thank you for conceding defeat, my irrational and superstitious friend

*tips*

Christians have once again eclipsed Atheists in being annoying and arrogant. At least here on Veeky Forums.

Go back to fapping to your traps then.

> muh hat meme
Get up with times, Reddit.

>what is the coccyx

Sorry, but atheists don't kill enough people for it to be considered religion.
> inb4 Hitler and Stalin
Nazi were Catholics (they used holy cross in their official flag) who collaborated with a church. Stalin was literally educated to be a priest.

Still relevant.

Essential to bipedal walking (major anchor point for leg muscles)

>nazi were catholics
They were whatever it's take to convince the people. They were more involved in the occult than anything.

>stalin was trained to be a priest
So was Darwin.