Were contemporary Scandinavian cultural identities present during the Viking Age...

Were contemporary Scandinavian cultural identities present during the Viking Age? What were the linguistic divides back then?

holy shit Scandinavians are basically the Arab migrants of the pass. they all wanted to leave their shithole countries, and would rape and pillage what ever country they migrated to. So much for the master race

>Normandy that big
Normandy was the land around Rouen
>Francia
France*

>map stretches from 8th century to 11th century
>implying France existed as a cohesive political or cultural whole during even a fraction of this time

Hi, OP.
Looking to get yourself on r/Veeky Forums, I see.

>>implying France existed as a cohesive political or cultural whole during even a fraction of this time

France exist since at least 3th century AD , you're confusing us with England that didn't exist at that time but was composed of several duchies like Mercia, Northumbria, and so on

>France exist since at least 3th century AD

>that map
its even worse than the faggotry of slavophiles

what the fuck do the people think who make those maps. That the entirety of east Europe was uninhabited or what.

Really gets my sauna heating.

Sardinina was never pillaged by you cuckolds

>nobody actually answers the question or even talks about
>just /pol/-tier memeing about the image

they were not, scandinavia was inhabited by various pagan germanic tribes, the modern scandinavian identities emerged after christianization

the territories controled by the danish tribe became denmark(danes, jutes, angles, etc.), swedish tribe became sweden(swedes, geats, etc.), etc.

Snowniggers = Sandniggers

If they were literally calling themselves Danes and Swedes why shouldn't it count as Danish/Swedish culture?

Also what was language like? Was it just Old Norse?

danes were just in the central danish isles, mainland denmark were the jutes and angles, possibly other tribes too, i don't know, i believe modern danes consider all these tribes as their ancestors

sweden is mainly comprised of two tribes svear(swedes) in todays central sweden and geats(goths) in south sweden

im not sure about norway

>Also what was language like? Was it just Old Norse?
they all spoke old norse, even today i believe their languages are mutually intelligible(excluding iceland and the faroe islands, which speak languages closer to old norse than mainland scandinavians)

>Vikings in Finland

Bullshit

It was actually a Kingdom long before the Churches arrived.

>frenchy is at it again

Map is from Wikipedia

It's a fake. Vikings came to Finland either to trade or raid but they never stayed.

And they founded several countries in the process.

They went back after plundering lol.