Can anybody explain to me why sub-saharan Africa was incapable of creating any civilization or culture of great value?

Can anybody explain to me why sub-saharan Africa was incapable of creating any civilization or culture of great value?

Other urls found in this thread:

un.org/africarenewal/magazine/special-edition-agriculture-2014/zimbabwe’s-farmers-struggle-feed-nation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread was here last week.
Sage

I can't, OP. As a representative of Veeky Forums I admit the Blacks are stupid subhumans and need to be ethnic cleansed and colonized again.

A thread died for this

Because civilization, culture or value are ideas we made up, to mean what we are doing.
They weren't doing what we were doing, so we considered them inferior.

It's been here months.

Too busy breeding.

>hadn't even invented the wheel
>couldn't farm
>"well it's, like, their own way of life, maaaan"
>*hits bong*

Sub Saharan Africa is just shitty land. How anyone could compare it favorably to the rolling pleasant green hills of say France and Britain is beyond me. Only the Ethiopian Highlands have this quality to me

>couldn't farm
Where did you get this idea? Agriculture was practiced all over Africa since about 2000 BC.

Whats the goal of life, user?
Because I don't think its inventing the wheel, or owning a car.
You are so deep into western philosophy and civilization, you can't even look at the primal, main objective of humans.

>couldn't farm

Why do idiots who've never even bothered to do a google search about the topic they're discussing feel entitled to have an opinion on said subject?

Considering they still haven't figured it out:
un.org/africarenewal/magazine/special-edition-agriculture-2014/zimbabwe’s-farmers-struggle-feed-nation

Since this going to get 200 replies anyway, might as well post something nice.

More like last hour. Can't we report this shit for being a low quality post? I mean, this is Veeky Forums

>farmers struggle to feed nation
>F-A-R-M-E-R-S

Do you know what a farmer is, /pol/?

>tfw you want a black goddess but at the same time is afraid of hiv
living is painful

One who grows food for a living.
They don't seem to be growing much food, now do they?
>I've killed everyone I've performed surgery on, but I'm totally a doctor guys!

>WAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

A big part of the reason is that due to the population distribution of certain alleles in subsaharan africans, the average IQ of subsaharan africans is substantially lower than that of europeans or people of asia.

Which makes forming civilization and developing much harder.

this is also a big part of why subsaharan africans are on the bottom of the social ladder whichever country they form a diaspora in.

I agree. This is now a black qt thread.

>le /pol/ boogieman
Fuck off, and I agree with you.
You sound just like a newfag crybaby whining about /b/ when they were top shit.

SAGE. Fuck off, OP. Kys

>Be african farmer
>Dumbass westerners send food aid
>Can't sell my food, go broke cuz can't compete with FREE
>Population explodes because everyone has food to feed their dumbass spawn so they keep pumping out kids
>Don't have enough food for this new massive population
>Now the population is reliant on aid
>Dumbass westerners blame me for not being able to produce enough food
Fucking westerners.

Central Africa? Probably the impenetrable miles of congolese rainforest.
East? West? South? All of them had civilizations including some pretty notable ones like Mali, Axum, or Zanzibar. Even Zimbabwe wasn't completely irrelevant as that's where most Chinese gold started from.

African civs were definetly late to the party for the most part but that's not really their fault. Europe had its dark ages and India had its Vedic period. Japan didn't even really get going until 600 CE or so and Afghanistan has never veen able to get back the relevance it had in the ancient world.

My point is that whether or not civilzation starts in an area is dependent on a lot of different circumstances. Even after the Romans or Arabs roll through your land it's difficult to just start living in a complex society.

T. Pol
This is a history board.

I agree with you, but you are a piece of shit that should drown in salt, and I agree with you. I agree with you by the way, but you are wrong, even though I agree with you.

I agree, we should let Africa starve.
No, this isn't some sarcastic 'hurr durr lets kill people, gotcha' Reddit shit, Africa's population is already way too big.

its qutie simple

whites have more developed, convulsions in their brain compared to blacks

whites are capable of superior abstract thought

These threads are fucking stupid, despite this the fucking fags constantly bawling about muh /pol/ are infinitely more annoying.
I can hide this thread, I can't hide your petulant crybaby spam.

This, honestly.
These stupid cunts are too new to even know how to sage the thread.
They'll keep whining about /pol/ though.

> I know pol is annoying but aren't people who complain about pol just as bad?

You guys just went full cycle

And you're just as annoying as both of them. Post more black qts.

What about the Ethiopian empire or the Mali?

I never said /pol/ was annoying, you could count the amount of times I've been there on one hand, so I don't really know.
What I do know racism, Jew jokes, etc existed on Veeky Forums long before /pol/ even existed, and only newcunts like yourself think /pol/ is the source of this behaviour.
I note you failed to sage yet again.

>black
>qt
Lul

>I am wizard, but I sometimes struggle to cast spells.
>This somehow proves that I know magic.

>Ethiopians
>fully black
Top kek

Ethiopians are Semites, like Arabs and Ancient Egyptians.
Not black.

OP literally said sub-Saharan Africa.

>BAWWW I SHIT MY DIAPER BAWWWWWWW

I guess the Boers are an example of a native African civilisation using that retard logic.

Etc.
This has nothing to do with history, please stop derailing the discussion.

Most Ethiopian in the west have assimilated into dindu culture unfortunately.

t. American-born Ethiopian

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BAWWWWWWWWWWW MUMMY CHANGE MY NAPPIE BAWWWWWWWWW

That's not to say Ethiopians don't have a dark, even black skin tone, but they're not considered negroids, either.
Indians and Abos aren't 'black' either.

>derailing the discussion
>discussion
>the same bait thread being posted literally 100 times

I bet this thread is made by race obsessed Americuck

There is serious historical discussion going on ITT and your spam is ruining it. Cease and desist, or I will be forced to report you.

These threads get shitposted every fucking day, and they're never productive. Black qts on the other hand...

That's like saying antisemitism existed in Germany before the nazis.
It's true, but they kicked it to 11

You have to be over 18 to post here.

_donald

I like how neither of you denied the fact that they hadn't even invented the wheel, an arguably more pathetic fact than not being able to farm.

>WAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IM A HUGE FUCKING BABY WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO HIDE OR EVEN SAGE THREADS BAWWWWWWWWW

Lmao you mad?

Go to bed wario

The wheel has been invented twice, once in central Asia and once in central America. not inventing the wheel is the norm, not the exception. just most places in sub-saharan Africa never had the chance to adopt it from another civilisation.

This. People forget that a lot of ancient inventions were only invented once and then adopted by everyone else. Written language was only really invented a few times and then just spread from there.

Also, if you're going with the argument that black people are pathetic for not inventing the wheel then white people share that same shame.

Actually it's on topic. OP asked why they never produced anything of great value, well these women are of great value to my penis and many others around the world I'm sure. Checkmate atheist.

Yes but they take this autism to a new level. Before we didn't have race baiting threads on nearly every board almost on a daily basis.

>There is serious historical discussion going on ITT and your spam is ruining it.
Dude, there are TWO /pol/tarded threads about "herp derp, why didnt Africa into civilisation? Is it because niggers?"
And this crap is on EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
Atleast this is something honest we can all enjoy, instead of arguing for the billionth time about bait threads and well-worn subjects.
So, gentlemen, continue posting that chocolate booty.

Serious answer

Because they were busy surviving. They didn't have the opportunity and comfort to develop as their environment was so harsh.

This plus the fact that the Sahara desert effectively trapped them in a bubble. They didn't have the ability to learn about things other people were doing.

Yep. Quite unfortunate.

the sahel provided a sizable surplus but generally they were isolated and had far fewer resources than other civilizations

>women
>qt

They had no reason to.
They lived in paradise. It's never so cold that it'll kill you, every plant is edible. Farming would just be a waste of time(until you start having shitloads of people). Anti-social behavior was never weaned out of their gene pool because while when other races kicked out the undesirables from their village they died alone out in the wilderness, when africans did it the undesirables would just go build a straw hut somewhere else. The only concern putting selection pressure on their population was their ability to avoid getting eaten by lions

Man somebody is gonna take this post seriously

not an argument

have you ever seen the rolling hills of kenya, the lush farm land of the rift valley

this

They lived in constant fear of the black warrior.

>civilizations can't form in a rainforest
>what is Vietnam, central America, Cambodia, Indonesia etc

bumperino

She has nice tits but Ican't get over her skin, that forehead and that face

The real reason is because they grow tobacco instead of food. That's the only way to make money if you're a farmer from Zimbabwe.

I guess that's capitalism for you.

(and before you respond with something retarded like "the market should just correct itself in Zimbabwe" realize that Westerners pay far more for tobacco than Zimbabweans can hope to pay for food.)

no need. homo sapien's native environment is in Africa. Early humans co-evolved with the wildlife there for millions of years. They were perfectly in tune with nature, and could survive without resorting to technological innovation.

this is exactly wrong. The real answer is actually this: Africans didn't need civilization to survive, Eurasians did.

In Sub-Sahara Afirca, there was no urgent need to invent new technologies. They were doing fine living off the land, just as all other animals do in their natural environment.

It was only the humans that left their natural habitat, i.e. left Africa, that had to innovate to survive.

Crossing open bodies of water, finding new food sources in alien biomes, dealing with extreme cold weather never encountered in Africa. These were harsh environments that spurred human civilization to develop.

Fun fact about Zimbabwe, the name Zimbabwe means "large houses of stone" and comes from the name for the 11th - 15th century city of Great Zimbabwe.
The ruins are pretty neat.

More Great Zimbabwe

Can someone give me the definitive answer on the zebra meme? I've heard it said that zebras can be domesticated, and that the ancestors of the animals the Europeans domesticated were just as wild and seemingly unable to be domesticated, so Africans just lacked the ingenuity to domesticate them. I've also seen examples of domesticated reindeer.
So could African animals like zebra be domesticated or not?

One more