By investing in crypto, it possible to grow $200 to $100,000 in a timespan of 3 years...

By investing in crypto, it possible to grow $200 to $100,000 in a timespan of 3 years? I am already rich from inheritance money but I want to see if I can achieve this goal.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/48093/how-to-build-a-bitcoin-trading-bot
youtube.com/watch?v=iXGnNPL89Wo
github.com/kroitor/ccxt
api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its possible to make $1 to 100mm$ but not for you

wat does QR code do? I don't want to brick another DS

Show 3D titties

Sure, kid.

I wrote a bot that's taken $100 to $28,000 in the last 60 days. That's .05 btc to 8. I tend not to be believed but whatever, taking $200 to $100,000 in 3 years seems very doable.

Short answer : yes
Long answer: no

Doesn't really matter either way. I just feel like my life has no purpose with all this money.

Bitcoin used to be 20 cents a piece but it was 7 years or so ago not 3

share your bot then

Put your entire networth in BTC and enjoy mogul lifestyle.

Why would I do that?

Yes but you have to be very lucky to get in on PND coins before they get pumped

explain how the fuck did you do that

t. software dev

plz share code

He won't share it because it doesn't exist.

because then we'll believe you

you fucking liar

not the guy but if you have knowledge of software developpement, try this

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/48093/how-to-build-a-bitcoin-trading-bot

Trying to do it now

No sane person would share or sell a working bot. It's just using Python, the Requests library and the exchange's API - nothing exotic. You faggots are always so hostile, I don't get it.

thanks user I'll do this.
Software dev here. Is writing a bot ACTUALLY profitable if you know what you're doing and don't share your strategies for trading?

I'm not sure but i have an idea where to start:

Lets say the bot calculates if the current price is above or below the 24hr average. If it's above by at least $2 then it sells, expecting the price will return to the average; if it is below the average it does the opposite.

And from this.. you can somehow automate it to make money for you

you don't need to share the bot, just give us an idea behind the logic and algorithm

Fuck it.
I'll write a bot today and give it $300 bucks, see where it goes.

If you have any discrete, not-hindering-your-profits advice, I'd greatly appreciate if you shared your knowledge to my email. Will supply if you agree. I don't want specific trading algorithms or anything, just general advice on the steps necessary to create a working bot.

youtube.com/watch?v=iXGnNPL89Wo

a thousand thanks for doing the needful

Pics of income or it didn't happen

if I can somehow find the holygrail idea to make an awesome bot, i'll make it open source, no fucks given

then it won't be an awesome bot anymore.

github.com/kroitor/ccxt

HMMMM looks like a good starting point

The point of a bot is to make better moves than others. If everyone's making the same moves... well, I'll let you do the math.

right, didn't think about that

If you're using Python then it's pretty simple, you just want an infinite loop with a try-except block containing your logic - be sure to sleep for a bit based on your number of API calls and the exchange's rate limit. I opted to write a function to encapsulate each API call, I find it makes code more readable. My bot has two modes it switches between based on how it has performed recently, if it's fucking up then it becomes a little more risk averse - this helps to avoid the wrong side of a PnD.

I made 100--> 200 in a week so yeah it is possible.

Is there an exchange you'd recommend that works particularly well based on volume, prices, API limits, etc? I'm planning on using bittrex but..

Solid advice. What are you doing with all that money you got? Buying a lambo?

if my bot works at all I'm hoping to pay off my student loans... (50k...) of course, not every normie can write a bot and I'm sure even I'll fuck it up. Good luck with your own user.

Also keep in mind that if you're holding alts your total in terms of btc might be dropping - that is often just the value of btc increasing and not a reason to sell.

That's a good point. I keep that in mind when I handle my manual trades but I would have totally ignored that piece of logic in my algo. Good call user.

Thanks, kind user.
Good luck with paying off that loan.

It keeps me up at night user. I'm only in crypto to pay it off. It's so stressful trying to keep up with everything. I just want to pay it off, keep a small stock of BTC and ETH, and go into real stocks. I just want a fuckin positive net worth so I can breathe lmfao.

Nova's API is by far my favorite -
fast and returns good info. Cryptopia's and Poloniex's are slow. Bittrex's is ok but gives you no indication as to whether you filled an order completely or partially or created one.

>Bittrex's is ok but gives you no indication as to whether you filled an order completely or partially or created one.
That seems like a pretty big hindrance.. ? Unless you're making small trades.

Show proof of payments on blockchain explorer or GTFO

I will gladly suck your dick for this user. I'm a poorfag who went into the wrong fucking field. And I have no idea where too even start being profitable by myself, let alone write an algo. Fuck me

No, BTC will drop in value once the Fed imposes regulations.

As a follow through, what kind of trades would one be making to get that high? Just selling highs and buying dips of just btc/eth? Or would it also take into account any alt coins mooning

Started 2 days ago with 0.1btc and now i have 0.6 you do the math

And it will recover even higher. Just look at muh PBOC regulations.

How, what did you do?

So when you want to buy a house and you need to sell for fiat, what will you do once they ask for the origin of the money and you have a trillion bot-trades?

I tried. The exchange doesn't send from my wallet address and the fiat gateway generates new addresses for every transaction. Useless.

How does it work? I've been trying to do something similar with Bittrex API but tracking all predictive factors for price breakout has been difficult.

Bought this house last year, I'm not a NEET. No worries.

I'll help anyone along but I'm not divulging much. Keep trying.

Do you think it's actually possible to pay off my 50k student loans with this method in a timely manner? It seems like a snake oil get rich quick scheme but I keep seeing people make so much money in crypto and it seems time-limited to the next few years before the market settles down. Thoughts?

If don't know shit about coding, how long will it take me if I start learning today?

that cop out at the end to make you not look like a poor fuck
LMAO.

So how do you determine which alt-coins to start trading in? Did you manually limit it, or just let it trade from all the available options, including the total shitcoins?

I agree that it's unbelievable, the value of my portfolio went up 5k yesterday morning and 2k overnight. If I were to cash out it would undoubtedly be the fastest I've ever made money. Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose and cash out your initial investment as soon as possible but get in as soon as you can.

I have no idea how long it takes to git gud, I was writing QBasic and TI-Basic games in middle school. 10,000 hours?

Ok, thanks.
I will git gud.

Fuck it then, I'm making a bot with react native tonight and running it from my phone.

>but get in as soon as you can.
By the way how long do you think until this kind of thing is unprofitable? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? How much FOMO should I feel about this?

This would be the most stupid idea, the more people use bots the more everyone will get screwed, look at the stock market.

I've done the same, albeit not with same sucess, but I've started with 300$ and my bot got it to 8k already in one month.

For the morons asking to give code, etc, no point, for us that code bots we do it for ourselves, if everyone was running the bots then the bots strategy would stop working since it relies on you guys not having a bot

Can you answer this for me at least?

Start as soon as possible of course, meaning today, right now.

Btw took me around 3 weeks to write a bot that had sucess and I've writing code for 21 years (I'm a semi-old fag).

And ok, I'll be a bit generous and give away some info. First thing you need is to get hold of historical data for prices for the last months of crypto.

Then you can start writing a bot that you train with that strategy, and keep tweaking it until it makes profit. And making profit means make at least more than if you just were a hodler.

There are lots of possible ways to get a bot to make money for you. The simplest is ofc buy low sell high.

It also possible to detect early pump and dumps done by those fags from telegram, where one smart guy accumulates thousands of shitcoins and after one day he tells his followers to quicky buy before he dumps them.

If you scan all shitcoins in a market and see that a guy with little volume got a single huge purchase, thats usually a siign a P&D is coming and iit will rise at least 2x to 3x.

A bot in general can make profits from 2%, (up to 10% if they have excellent strategies ) per day

I'm starting right now. Already have the API docs open and I'm writing this with react native to run the bot from my phone so I can manually take control if I need to at any point. What I'm worried about is if I'm "too late". If it takes me a month to write a good bot with a successful strategy, is that too late? I have big FOMO about this automated trading thing.

And regarding historical data, the APIs I'm looking at only return the last 24Hr of data. Is there a good way to retrieve this info or do I just need to run and store that return for a month..?

Learn to search the net.
Here, let me spoonfed you

api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/

And bot trading is nothing new, years ago Bitcoin traders were already doing it

Thanks friend. I appreciate the spoonfeeding. This time a month from now I hope I'm seeing some success. You're a true hero to me!

I have no idea when I'll stop profiting, could be tomorrow. I definitely got discouraged in early July but I wasn't losing, just going sideways.

is it only parameter based? any neural network involvement

Mine does use a neural network to adjust the parameters every hour. I had a previous version without it, but it generated 20% less per day

>Is writing a bot ACTUALLY profitable if you know what you're doing and don't share your strategies for trading?

What the fuck kind of question is this lol? Of course it's technically possible that your bot will be profitable. Your logic could be complete shit and you could still be profitable by chance. Can you think of non-shit trading logic that will consistently beat a buy and hold strategy? Most likely not if you are asking questions like this instead of just testing whatever ideas you have.

t. CS/Finance double major

user we invest ourselves in a market where people make tens of thousands of dollars in a weekend. My incredulity is reasonable here. A lot of this doesn't seem real still. I made $4,000 this week sitting on my ass with some NEO and OMG. I've never seen this kind of profitability anywhere before, and all i can think is "How can it be this easy to make this much money? Wouldn't everyone be doing it?"

People are driven by fear to continue to be average. I tell tons of people about my gains and try to help them get in and they just either say wow and shrug it off or write crypto off as a whole as something that's going to fail when the only real failure is their failure to understand it. People fear what they don't understand.

at the same time, just as many people have lost money as those who have gained it. Fuck off with the "I'm not average" mentality. You trade crypto. You're probably average in 1000 other ways.

Did I say I'm not average in other ways? No. Thanks for missing the point that most people are slow to adapt because of fear.

I'm trying hard as fuck to get into crypto, but I don't really know what I'm doing. I only have 2 btc, and now if the price keeps climbing and it goes mainstream, I probably won't be able to get any more.

All I've learned is to not trust anyone concerning what cryptos to buy, because everyone is trying to sell their story for a purpose.

Well hey, at least you took the leap which is more than 90% of people have done. Stick with it and you'll learn. Maybe start paper trading to build confidence.

If you'll allow me to shill for a moment, buy OMG. In a decent dip right now and there's very little chance it won't go back to $8. Too much potential not to.

... like this guy

is daytrading only real way to make it?

long term seems so incredibly unpredictable

Opposite actually, easier to tell what a coin will do long term than on a scale of a few hours. With the exception of the days where good or bad news came out, then you can pretty easily say it's going to go up or down today.

Lots of things that make a coin fluctuate daily but long term it's mainly just the coin's value proposition. Coin has a good use case, roadmap and devs? Probably a safe bet it will increase long term. Can't make those kind of calls on a daily scale. Don't try and time the market exactly, just try and buy solid coins at prices lower than they've recently been.

Oh and also consider market cap. Good fundamentals but still a low market cap? Well then, it has both the room and reasons to increase. That's a reason why people are buying DNT and OMG right now, big potential coins that are still at relatively low market caps for what they're offering.

200 to 100k in bitcoin? Little late for that? Something like Avalon or Bancor is your only shot lad

I like this guy. Not one of those TA day trading fags

Don't spread around that you got rich from inheritance.. You'll get Shilled into a stock from somebody who wants to make +.0002 cents off your contribution. js

Say you are just comfy or something.

>Guy says he is rich
>Doesn't know if he knows his jib
>Wants a trading bot, figures putting 300 dollars on the line with a rick shaw script will be the best course of action.

>Your CIT College Degree is still worthless~ ;__;