Can we have a thread talking about the history of nations that are/were a single city?

Can we have a thread talking about the history of nations that are/were a single city?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_May_Incident
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

can't believe malaysia didn't conquer this little island when they had the chance

Singapore doesn't have a culture, let alone history.

>Singapore
>Nation

Singapore actually got kicked out of Malaysia because it used to be such a shit hole.

and now they're the only 1st world SEA country. Let's wait for Indonesia to catch up

Now Singapore has more active infantry, navy and aircraft than Malaysia

Cant wait till Singapore become FULLISRAEL and just creates an ASEAN country

>Singapore isn't a city state in Civ 6
What did firaxis mean by this?

This. It's successful and first world in SEA.
And that's all it is.

Malaysia didn't want them because they had too many Chinese and didn't agree with Malay supremacism politics.

I'm not advocating for genocide,but couldn't they have just kicked out or killed the Chinese?

maybe they didn't advocate for that either
i mean, there are plenty of problems that could be solved like that and plenty of reasons the aren't

>Let's wait for Indonesia to catch up
Like never?

Let's wait for Malaysia to catch up.

Genocide is harder than it sounds, it would have been a violation of the British-mediated agreement that led to independence and the federal constitution, plus the government isn't stupid they knew that the Chinese businesses were propping up the economy.

Let's wait for the Philippines to catch HAHAHAHA! nah, the Philippines lost it's chance to become a 1st world country after Marcos took over

A lot of chinks are living in Malaysia. Or do you mean they should have killed all chinks in Malaysia and Singapore island?
For a state, the only way to become first world is to be so exceptionally useful at something, they're irreplaceable for the NWO. That's not what Malaysia or Indonesia are.

Pffft. Fighting maybe, Annexing? Hell no

And risk Communism taking over the Chinese?

Malaysia controls the Straits of Malacca which is crucial for shipping between Asia and Europe.

They already defeated the Malayan Communist Party several years before.

Weird, i thought Singapore was mostly muslim but it is apparently very diverse religiously

Why did city states go out of style, particularly in Europe? They used to be all over the place, now they're extremely rare.

Why on Earth would you think a colony of majority ethnic Chinese would be mostly Muslim?

I assumed they converted. Also i was mistaken because of the flag

Don't worry it won't either be Chinese nor non-muslim soon. They will be expelled from southeast Asia. I'm sure they will like it too because a lot of them are western bootlickers anyway. They can seek refuge because of racial persecution.

The Cresent and Stars are Byzantine motifs appropriated by Muslim nations that 'inherited' their land.

Ok but it's irrelevant here

CINA BABI SIAL KAFIR

>Singkie Conscript Shits.
>Combat experience
Lmao no.

Their Flip maids probably are more hardcore than they are.

The greatest Milton Friedman proof

The large majority of indonesian businesses are owned by chinese

Not genocide, but this happened.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_May_Incident

>The Singapore Arms and Flag and National Anthem Rules define the flag's composition and the symbolism of its elements:
>red symbolises "universal brotherhood and equality of man",
>and white, "pervading and everlasting purity and virtue".
>The waxing crescent moon "represents a young nation on the ascendant".
>The five stars "stand for the nation's ideals of democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality".[14][15]

>During the second half of the 20th century, the star and crescent symbol came to be recognized as a symbol of Islam, and Singapore's flag came to be seen in this context by the nation's Muslim activists.[16]

>Singapore and Nepal are the only non-Muslim nations to have a crescent moon in their national flags.

the biggest

>Milton Friedman proof
No? It is a weird mix of State capitalism and neoliberalism