Convince me were not in a bubble. I really like the idea of blockchain technology and I have about 1.85 btc...

Convince me were not in a bubble. I really like the idea of blockchain technology and I have about 1.85 btc, but how can this continue? People don't use bitcoin as a currency. They use it as a speculation instrument. At what point will people start pricing things in bitcoin instead of fiat? Like if you want to buy something, you buy through bitpay, and bitpay pays the merchant in cash. Nobody would send money directly with bitcoin because everyone is speculating it to be a million dollars one day. Not to mention we have all these daytrading faggots pretending they're gordon fucking gekko, making millions in a get rich quick scheme. Just some thoughts that are concerning me...

ofc its a bubble and completely unsustainable.

alt coins are even worse. shitty technology gets literally hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it when no one has any plans on using it

I think if enough capital flows into bitcoin, it will become more stable and widely adopted. But as of right now this whole situation is fucked.

it doesn't need to be used as a currency , it is also used as a store of value , like gold

But what makes it a good store of value? Limited supply? What if one day a better blockchian is invented and bitcoin becomes outdated?

hurrrr

Welcome in the club of those who understood that BTC is an asset, not a currency.

the blockchain is getting regular updates. there's a couple of things that could destroy crypto

>quantum computing
>autistic power struggles in the developer team
>government/central bank influence

i have faith in crypto, but you'd be retarded to put ALL your life savings into it.

But also other currencies with different approaches. I just spent a lot of time researching tangle and its benifits over blockchain technology. What if this or something like this becomes the norm, and bitcoin becomes myspace?

We can't, because we are.

please don't compare crypto to social media...such a silly analogy.
i get what you mean though, bitcoin, first of its kind, gets replaced by superior tech. well, there was an example very recently called bitcoin cash. it was said to be superior, but failed hard. bitcoin holders don't switch easily.

On the one hand this is certainly insane, but on the other hand the profits dwarf anything else with the total market cap still tiny relative to stocks.

But bitcoin cash made no new technological advancements. I'm talking about a system that solves many of bitcoins issues. Like how it consumes so much electricity to secure the network, or the extremely high fees.

>not knowing about staking
Pleb

Is there a calculator anywhere which compares PoS coins?

> Literally a system which rewards the whalest of the whales.
Jew.

you forgot to add some asteroid hitting US, Germany and China.

and mining doesnt you fuckwit?

Intercontinental bouncing asteroids are becoming a big problem, so i wouldn't be joking about it if I were you.

It created a reliable way of transfering something limited in supply.

It costs us electricity, but it's the price to pay for it to be reliable and under no central intervention.

> Government doesn't consume any electricity to centralise and run everything

Have you seen the amount of gas used daily by the US Army?

PoW doesn't reward the possession of BTC, it rewards the CPU power.

It's a bubble. The only question is when will it pop

I don't know about the future of crypto but I can tell you the only winners in the end are the people running exchanges and skimming money through fees. For everyone else, it's a zero sum game. You might as well go to Vegas.

You forgot about Planet X crashing into Earth.

>people running exchanges and skimming money through fees

oy, vey, you sound quite anti-semitic

its a deflationary currency