What are the historical reasons for white people having inferior cuisine compared to non-white cuisines?

What are the historical reasons for white people having inferior cuisine compared to non-white cuisines?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Had to import their flavor

Fuck off to Veeky Forums, saged and reported.

>this is your brain on America
Have you ever been to the Mediterranean?

Had to go around the world to import spices, and only the rich got them most the time.

Lack of spices and variety in cuisine. It wasn't until the columbian exchange and they got access to American plants the natives domesticated that their cuisine got interesting. Even then it didn't improve that much compared to how much it made other places cuisines superior. Europeans just didn't domesticate that many plants compared to other civilizations.

It's only anglos, nordics and germanics who have a shit cooking culture (thus white am*ricans too), cuisine from France, Spain, Italy, Maghreb and Levant is top tier.

>Have you ever been to the Mediterranean?
I sure do love unsalted olive oil spread on white bread, mmmm. Just add some fresh unsalted goat's cheese, I can taste the cardboard just thinking about it.

shut the fuck up wh*Te subhuman

we Turks have better cuisine than wh*Tes too

*puts 40 grams of sugar into 20 grams of coffee*

That's a no, then?

Because for most of history Europeans ate what they could to simply survive.

Most national cuisine is a function of decadence OP.

Fucking Americans

Most eastern european "national cuisine" features potatoes, a new world plant.
Thats because the same dishes used to be made with soaked yesterday's bread instead.

French cuisine is just bread and cheese. Baguettes get boring after a while. It simply doesn't compare to Chinese, Peruvian or Mexican.

>I need copious amounts of spice to burn off my tongue receptors and make my semi-rancid meat more palatable

>bread and cheese
>no garlic and wine

savane barbare

Spanish food is good thanks to the Arabs. Italian is good because of most of their ingredients come from other places. Levant isn't even white but assuming it is it's heavily influenced by middle eastern cuisine.

> unsalted olive oil

Chinese isn't particularly great. It's mostly low-quality pork and stir frays. My wife is even from Chongqing, which is famous for its spicy cuisine.

Also, I "westernized" Chinese food isn't actually that inaccurate for some dishes.

*most of their

t.amerifat

I have written and deleted six different replies to this but none of them can properly express how much I want to fucking stab you

t. chef

Is that all?

What do you expect from a wh*te "person".

I loathe these threads. The history of food and cooking is a fascinating subject, linked with many other areas and topics. But all we ever get here is a gaggle of morons flinging shit at each other.

White people invented cuisine as an art form. Non whites were too busy starving and would eat anything.

>entire empires founded to get cheaper and faster access to in demand spices
>hurrr whit peepul fud is bland!!!!!!

This is the shit I'm talking about.

Discuss it then. Say something, I'll follow you. Lets talk history of food.

>entire empires founded to steal good food from other people

White as fuck.

Seriously where the fuck are the mods? Where the fuck are the permabans? There's an entire fucking board dedicated to cooking, yet these assholes pollute Veeky Forums with this shit.

What the fuck man, the thread was good, just be on topic, discuss the history of food.
I want to talk too, say something, lets get a discussion going.

This. Italian and Chinese are okay, too.

Whites invented fries and ice cream.

Then why did Amerindians domesticate more plants than Europe and literally had to save them from starvation when they came to their shores.

>turk
>non-white
Pick one

>commerce is stealing
>seeking out specific raw materials means they didn't know how to use them until they found them

Again, this idiocy is what I mean.

Not our fault that the only food you know is from robbing department stores. I would say that there is a whole world out there outside your ghetto, but then you want to leave it.

I'm quite partial to looking at medieval food. It's significantly more complex and modern than people think and just as much about show and status than the actual food itself.

>just be on topic
lol, fuck you buddy, you intentionally made an off-topic thread on the wrong board, you deserve to be perma-banned

I'm so tired of southern cusine being appropriated as "black". The lower left panel could have been taken from my kitchen table growing up exactly as pictured. Blacks didn't invent friend chicked or biscuts or mashed potatoes. Real black cuisine is chitlins and coon. My uncle and I used to hunt racoons down in Arcadia and then sell them to the blacks and make canibilism jokes all the way home

I have been to europe, asia and around latin america. While europe does have some good food the latter two are far better.

Are you seriously retarded? What does that have to do with anything? If you we're to be dropped in an inhospitable area away from civilization you would starve to death if you don't have training, no matter if the place you come from invented cuisine or not. Besides, do you deny that whites invented cuisine as an art form?

>the history of food is off topic on a history board

Great! Than make sure to never come to Europe again. That's all that matters to me ;)

I support this thread now. People, white cuisine sucks! Avoid white countries like the plague!

>kim

Niggers are too stupid to know this is a family name.

I don't find it very complex. Its a lot of soups, porridge, breads.
Mostly its interesting how they preserved things, and how their diet varied in the seasons, how religion was shaped by this food availability, etc.
Because its easier to starve, if its for God, not because its winter.

I didn't make this thread, I only started posting once it had gone to shit.
My first comment was about muslism and sugar.

>kosher salt
>white person

>a food topic doesn't belong on Veeky Forums

Jews are white. I checked in Photoshop.

Not really France and Italy have probably the best food, France has the best bakeries

Its HISTORY of food. Here is a link to discuss.

foodtimeline.org/

Open this, look at it, and post about HISTORY.

France is culinary top tier globally.

Is pasta "bread"?
Is beer "bread"?

They are mostly made of bread.
In that case, its France-Italy-Germany as the bread countries of Europe, side by side.

>unsalted
>unsalted
Salt is high cuisine in your country?

The food that you think is Chinese is just western food with a nice marketing scheme.

Hispanic anchor baby here. I detest white culture and cuisine, that why I'm packing and preparing to go back to my vibrant homeland of Mexico on the first plane.

Have you looked at the higher status dishes? There's quote a few different types that are more than just soup based. Layered pasta, stuffed vegetables, sauces for meat etc.

Inn at the Crossroads is a surprisingly good resource. Fantasy themed but most of the recipes are directly from historic sources and the pictures and descriptions are more up to date than more historically themed sites.

Syrian refugee here. I detest white culture and cuisine, that why I'm packing and preparing to go back to my vibrant homeland of Syria on the first plane.

African rapist here. I detest white culture and cuisine, that why I'm packing and preparing to go back to my vibrant homeland of Africa on the first plane.

I guess all the endless weapons, guns and war theads should be relegated to /k/ then?

I don't know about complex recipes, but I've had honey blasted boar at a fair, the whole thing was roasted on fire as the honey was caramelizing on it, and you would get a cut from the pig as it roasted.
Pretty legit on a piece of bred, with some smashed herbs. Still super simple stuff, its meat bread with a nice smell on top.

I've read Martin's books and the descriptions in them, I imagine thats what the Inn... forum is like.
Bookmarked for later, I'll browse.

No, you're just being stupid and racist and dressing it up as history. Don't pretend like you're not in the wrong here.

Gypsy thief here. I detest white culture and cuisine, that why I'm packing and preparing to go back to my vibrant homeland of India on the first pack mule.

>The cuisine synonyms with gourmet food and fine dining. Any chef worth a damn has went there to study the culinary arts or for resturant internship.
>"is just bread and cheese"

>not liking apple pie
>not liking burger :D
>not liking roast turkey
>not liking Eggs Benedict
>not liking clam chowder
>not liking cheesecake
>not liking hot dogs

It might be time to kill yourself OP

Wrong about what, I am just posting twitter screencaps of food being discussed.
I am not even making a statement to be wrong about.

The cuisines of ex Austro-Hungarian nations are the best on the planet. Meanwhile Mexican food is just diarrhea and vomit inducing dogshit.

Yeah, it's basically all the food described in the books, but with their historic equivalents, with modern recipes and info.

There's also medievalcookery.com and godecookery.com . Good resources, but getting a bit dated now.

>cuisines of ex Austro-Hungarian nations

Its just typical balkan "throw everything in the pot" most of the time, except in actual Austria, where its german stuff.

Austrian food is a billion times better than German food. Germans other than Bavarians simply cannot cook.

[keks culinarily]

BBC had that old lady historian that always did the female crafts in their series, about farms, apothecary, etc throughout the ages.
I don't remember her name, but she showed authentic recipes on the shows. Good shit.

>White people
You mean Anglos.

Balkan food >>>>>>>> beaner food

>Balkan food
rapebaby, stealing our food does not make it balkan

are you greek?

This!!!!

I'm not Balkanian.

Literally who.

lol kys what a useless profession

Friendly reminder that this thread was made by a dedicated turkish autist named Jorge.Reminder to report him too whenever you see him.

I think turks have a dish where they boil hoofs, horns and a whole head in a pot, and do something to make it all jello.

Oghuz

>just typical balkan
>forgets that Hungary and Bohemia exist

There's a few of them. Farm is the usual title.

Clarissa and the King's Cookbook is an excellent documentary on the Forme of Cury, the first English cookbook.

>T*rks
>Human

>ruined
This looks really tasty desu

Jorge is not a turkish name you fucking retard.

Right, Ruth Goodman is the woman I was talking about, there are videos on Youtube of her cooking some stuff.

Whats with white people and Nutella?

What mexican food have you tried. Taco bell isn't mexican food so don't say that.

>wh*tes
>capable of making good food
Pick 1

This thread was made by a Turk.He also posts on /int/ and /pol/.Usually with edgy pictures of white people getting beaten or in a bloody pulp, dead.He samefags a lot too.Just report him and move on.
Rangeban of Turks when?

>americans

Dunno, guess many white people prefer sweet over spicy it seems, and Nutella is that right kinda sweet

It's a natural mechanism where they try to remove themselves from the gene pool by eating shit and getting diabetes and cancer when they're not busy bombing each other.

Fuck off and kill yourself Jorge.Isn't it about time to make another thread about how depressed you are on /bant/? :^)