Why not just call the whole thing England? Everyone has same language and looks the same...

Why not just call the whole thing England? Everyone has same language and looks the same, the only difference is that one likes potatoes and one wears skirt sometimes.

>Everyone has same language
Céard atá an t-amadán sin a dhéanamh anseo?

Why not call America Mexico?

Stop pretending it's a relevant language outside of populist patriotism.

>the current system works fine and is 100% clear
>"hurr durr, let's change it because I'm retarded"

>100% clear
>we have this country but it's actually 4 countries and we all speak english and are genetically english but actually we aren't english :)

>we all speak english and are genetically english
Are you retarded?

Right.

Welsh, Highland Scottish and Irish people are genetically distinct from English people and historically they haven't spoken English. English only became the majority language in Ireland in the 1860s, for example.

>when 58% and 62% get different colours out of the four available

>not understanding the differences between "country", "nation", and "state"
>being allowed on Veeky Forums

Seriously, fuck off already.

t. scots in denial

God why is the UK such a non-country. And these people make fun of Belgium

What makes you assume I'm even from the British isles?

BTFO

Why all slavians countries not call Russia?

Nothing, the OP is just a retarded baiter. Just ignore him. Sage if you absolutely must reply.

Why don't we just call the whole world England? It's pretty much the same thing by this point, right?

God fucking retard
Some mod prune this already
Preschool tier stupidity

scotland and ireland are literally just provinces of england, I guess they are just so insecure that the king decided it's easier to let them live in their delusions lol

The UK is hundreds of years old, hardly a non-country. It is in fact only one country, albeit one made up from four (or five) nations.This is no different than America, one country made up of many states and several nations (Yankees vs Dixies vs Left Coasters vs Texicans vs niggers etc etc).

you missed out the part where it contains two sovereign states. Even if you were just referring to the UK you'd be fucking retarded though

>scotland and ireland are literally just provinces of england
>one independent state and two quasi-federal devolved governments

Not to mention the part where NI doesn't even have the same political parties as rUK because of a century of banter

>scotland and ireland are literally just provinces of england

Are you retarded or shitposting?

yeah lol whatever you say, ireland and scotland very independent very strong

The map isn't even correct, crown dependencies encapsulated within the Yellow line like the Isle of Man are not part of the UK

I wasn't saying they're independent, I was saying that 'literally just provinces of England' is the sort of retarded generalisation a 15 year old American would make in order to rationalise over a century of history within the confines of his tiny, underdeveloped mind

not independent... meaning you're just a province then
glad to agree with you friend

A province of the UK, NOT a province of England.

>Current year
>Still using the term British Isles

UK is a meme term for england

whoa man those potatoes and skirts are precisely why they ain't Englishmen

England was a province of germany and even the english language is made up of about 30 per cent german! Also the royal family is german. So maybe England should just call itself germany

>Why not just call the whole thing England?

Well, you got one of the three things you said right.

>California is not independent... meaning it's just a province then
>Hong Kong is not independent... meaning it's just a province then

When the Angles and the Saxons arrived there was no 'Germany'

Ireland is literally a seperate country you tit. It's as seperate as France is from Germany, or Canada from the USA.

>England was a province of germany
... when?

While you are technically and pedantically correct, the point of the map is clearly to quickly sketch the distinctions among the /major/ and /relevant/ political and physical geographical entities. Clearly, the Isle of Man is not such a relevant political entity.

Also Guernsey and Jersey aren't even depicted, and so are certainly not inside the yellow line in any event.

true

Those are both actually true. Not sure what you're trying to imply here. Not even the guy you're responding to. If they're actually countries within the nation of the UK, then you did a bad job conveying that and need to get better at
>implying

*if you meant that they're both countries
Oops

I was about to write something like this but you got to it.

Confusing matters further, the above kid suggests that scotland and "ireland" are provinces of "england", itself false. But once you get your terms straight, it is quite right to compare scotland and northern ireland, say, with California and Hong Kong in the sense that all of these are first-order administrative divisions of their respective states. And no, it doesn't matter about the exact style of each one - becuase each country is a special snowflake,and will style its bits just a bit different, for the sake of being different, of being themselves. But the morphology is the same: partition the country of the State into several different regions.

It is not even an excuse to instead appeal to the counties of England ceremonial counties etc, because the UK is an exceptionally goofy, squishy and autistic state where these things (political entities) are really fucking weird, on purpose.

What OP means is that the scots, welsh and irish got cucked sobhard that they aren't that different from england and lets be honest england is the center of the union and totally dominates the others.
Unfortunately the majority of most of these 'nations' don't even speak their own language as their mother tongue.
I mean everybody speaks english in this day and age but thats as a secod language.

Agreed on all counts, but I would like to point out that historically England did have dominion over both Ireland and Scotland and in a certain political sense (excluding the Republic of Ireland obviously) they still do. That is to say that England has the most control of the voting and therefore some level of political control over the others (excluding certain referendums). I think of that scene from trainspotting where the guy says they're ruled by wankers. There's still a small sense of subservience to England in the back of everyone's mind even if it isn't codified into the government.
So maybe it isn't entirely wrong to say they're provinces of England, but the odds are that that user knew none of that and was just being retarded.

>albeit one made up from four (or five) nations

disproving your own statements