Is this the normie bull run? I think normies are slowly figuring out how to get bitcoins...

Is this the normie bull run? I think normies are slowly figuring out how to get bitcoins, and waiting out the bank transfers. I don't think we'll see crash for months as there will be constant market buys from normies pouring in.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsbtc.com/2017/08/13/goldman-sachs-warns-investors-not-ignore-bitcoin-longer/
blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses
cam.ac.uk/research/news/study-highlights-growing-significance-of-cryptocurrencies
bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we are the normies. early adopters were 2009-2013

Bitcoin will either drop to 3600 USD in the next 7 days or never drop under 4000 again

I think it's going full normie soon. My dad is 67 and sends me articles on crypto regularly now.

But why they don't buy my shitcoins bags?

tough to swallow but true

Nope. I'm a software engineer and most of my co-workers still barely know about it and only one of them has any money it it.

nope

>software engineer and most of my co-workers
People into finance are fully aware though.

No, this is just a FOMO fad run. Once summer is over, BTC will dip to the normal level of $2500.

yup. its hard to accept cause we all knew about it back in 2012-2013 but never took it as serious as we do now

highly doubt it. definitely will dip just not that low.

would make sense if you were a javascript artisan

BTC is being kept at levels such that the miners are incentivized to stay on this chain instead of switching to BCH

you'll see how wrong you are soon enough, young padawan

Problem is most people don't even have investments

Wtf lol, most people dont even invest in stock market lol, let alone crypto. I have a feeling crypto will surpass stock market in popularity with the current and next generation

i hope so
institutional money is coming in big time

Ask a hundred random people on the street about crypto and bitcoin, and 80% of them won't even know what it is. Less than one percent of them will own any.

This market has at least another two years left in it before it goes full normie.

This morning GoldmanSachs just pulled a complete 180 and is now pro Bitcoin. We're somewhere between the "Institutional" phase and the "Mania" phase. The early adopters are the miner whales who everyone is buying from now. The party isn't ovet but now is the time to start planning an exit. Not like it matters everyone here is either a larper or a delusional teenager.

Source on the GoldmanSachs thing?

Most people in finance think it's a pyramid scheme, they are too set in their ways.

newsbtc.com/2017/08/13/goldman-sachs-warns-investors-not-ignore-bitcoin-longer/

Fuck... I need more money to invest.

bux (european version of robinhood) offers a bitcoin cfd. so yes. better prepare for a very few weeks (?) of crazy gains but make sure you use trailing stop loss orders and have a money management and cashout plan. btc trading is often paused (in the bux app). also deflation i guess.

What a terribly written article.

When are the chinese going to wake up and save us?

Just talked to my moms bf, hes an older guy in finance. Similar attitude

There's still only 500 000 active BTC addresses. We're nowhere near the normies bull run

No. and the biggest ICOs still only get bought by 10s of thousands of people.

what would be considered as normies bull run. 3 million

i talked to a young professional lady recently who rates countries central banks credit worthiness and we talked about bitcoin.

she sees huge problems with bitcoin, like security, but doesnt really see the problem of whole countries savings dminishing because the central bank of poland goes down from A++ to A+

I hope not, I still need one or two crashes more to accumulate obscenely.

Did they downgrade Poland for not taking their immigrants? What a (((surprise))).

This. I agree with the time frame more or less. My plan is to make more Bitcoin in the next 2 years with trading altcoins.

This shit again? No we are fucking not. Instead of spouting bullshit how about you state that only 1% of the entire world uses crypto and the market cap is tiny?

Every fucking time these retards come in and spout bullshit like this, every single time.

Posting this picture just shows your ignorance in the first place. This picture is complete bullshit and does not match any new ground breaking technology's

My brother-in-law is a fucking Software Architect / Engineering director and he says that crypto is "too risky" and he "wouldn't get involved"... and "all his friends who mined BTC in 2013 never made any money".

He also advocates SELLING IMMEDIATELY UPON MINING.

He's an otherwise savvy businessman who is very successful... but holy shit he's an idiot when it comes to crypto.

Is this true

blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses

what is the definition of unique addres?

how do unique addresses drop? are they deleted?

When civilizations went from bartering to commodity based currency people had their doubts.

When money went from being commodity based to commodity backed people had their doubts.

When currency was no longer backed by commodities and just floated people had their doubts.

People are just dumb.

I think its a pyramid scheme too, but I can't ignore it anymore.

i believe addresses that contain any bitcoin. people own multiple addresses though so not 500k unique users, however most normies hold their coins on an exchange.

cam.ac.uk/research/news/study-highlights-growing-significance-of-cryptocurrencies

this study from may says 3 mil people using crypto, and if we make it 5 mil with the influx of people this summer, thats still only like .07% of the population in crypto

trips of untruth

tech bubble in 2000 topped at 2.7 trillion

we are at.. 136 bill

not even close, and many many years away

Delusional teenager?

Nothing like this has ever existed. "But this time it's different" LITERALLY APPLIES here.

Do you not realize how big this is? I mean do you even understand cryptocurrencies?

>Finite supply
>Completely fungible
>Borderless
>Decentralized
>100% secure if you know what you're doing. You can store your wallet -in your brain- I repeat IN YOUR BRAIN.
>Useful to criminals i.e. the 1% for tax avoidance
>Useful for criminals to sell things anonymously

The list just doesn't end. Literally, this is the future of currency. And you're sitting here saying "lol this isn't going to end up anything"

kys you moron

>You can store your wallet in your brain
What do you mean?

i just don't understand how unique address's can fall if address's don't really ever get 'deleted'. hrm, curious. is that 500k unique address's ones with actual bitcoin?

Hey what about this webpage? If it's up to date it's very significant that only 265.000 addresses have more than 10.000 USD

bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

normies are not up to this shit yet.

>fungible
24-word passphrases for example.

You can just memorize your wallet seed extremely well and destroy all files related to it permanently through secure wiping of your hard drive

As long as you remember your wallet seed your bitcoins are yours and yours alone unless someone tortured you to tell them the seed

I wouldn't recommend this, it's easy to lose them. Another alternative is:

>Encrypt your wallet file and password info and wallet seed in a small TrueCrypt container with a really good 64-char password, secure enough so if a hacker got it you'd feel safe that they'd never crack it
>Copy it onto every device you own so you have tons of backups
>Buy a bunch of disposable small microSD cards and keep one in your wallet
>Tape one into the soles of your shoes
>Hide one in a sock at your parents house
>Upload them to your email and random file hosting services and save the link
>Store a microSD card in a fireproof, waterproof safe in your house and your parents house
>Even if some of them get destroyed or stolen your BTC is still safe if your password is good enough
>Even if you lose everything you own in a house fire, you probably were wearing your shoes
>Even if you lost every physical copy, you still have the ones uploaded to your email and file hosting sites
>If you suspect the password might get compromised or TrueCrypt has some new vulnerability discovered, immediately load up one of your copies and just transfer them to another wallet unrelated to this one. This shouldn't happen though. Now all your copies scattered around the world and internet are garbage and useless to hackers

You are 100% safe my nigga, as long as the computer you generated the wallet on was secure. Buy a brand new HDD and install Windows to be sure

Normies are very slowly just now becoming aware. Trust me, I am friends with standard city dwelling normie with pretty standard white collar jobs.

What this means I have no fucking idea, but it's true. I dropped that I had made some money in crypto at a party and the general response was "Yeah, wow, what the fuck is that stuff? Been hearing about it a lot recently"

Are we becoming crazy?

Yes yes yes I'm cumming . One of tj3se shitcoins will allow me to quit my job

user this sounds crazy, but think of all the poor farmers in the olden times who had all of their wealth stolen by highway bandits. There was literally NO way to store wealth in such a secure method as this

There's nothing to steal, even if they steal your encrypted BTC storage they won't get in

This is literally fucking metaphorically magical money. It's like a type of gold where if someone steals it it turns to lead, but if it were returned to you it becomes gold again

And if someone steals all of it from you you can just go pick up a rock and get all of your lead back as long as you remember the magical spell to cast (password)

We're becoming technologically magical, these are amazing times

>get all of your lead back
Get all of your gold back* that is

bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
is this a good site to generate a wallet on? how do i know the site isn't compromised when i make my wallet? thank you.

I really don't think most people know anything about this shit. I know a lot of tech savvy people but I only know 1 other person who invests in crypto. Everyone else either thinks it's a ponzi scheme or say to me: 'man, I should have bought into bitcoin years ago, oh well'

No, never use any websites when generating wallets. Use officially recognized wallet software on a very secure computer whose hard drive has been completely, with Windows reinstalled from an official Microsoft Windows disk (or preferably use Linux but it doesn't have TrueCrypt)

Yeah I agree it's just that so many security measures seem extreme

Just buy a Trezor or Ledge Nano

is trezor/ledge nano worth it? ledger is like 90usd from their website. won't regular usb suffice? or just 24 words shit

Regular USB can get hacked.

You are your on bank, you have to erect your own security measures,

It's basically 2 security measures (secure computer for wallet generation + heavy encryption of wallet file) and lots of redundancy. Realistically all you need is a reliable cloud backup like Google drive, a microSD in your wallet, and a copy on all of your HDDs. That's what I do

Linux doesn't have TrueCrypt? Pretty sure tails does. Maybe it's FreeBSD, but I can't remember

Electrum, for example?