Protestants: ha ha Yes...However!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[Brass sounds intensifies]

Bach was protestant you dip.

Bach was Lutheran

*teleports behind you*
*summons Hitler and other WEWUZZERS inspired to larp as Nordic snowniggers by your operas*
heh...nothing personnel, kinder.

Lutherans are Crypto-Catholics

>wagner
>good

Sorry guys, Wagner was a Gnostic

>Wagner's own religious views were idiosyncratic. While he admired Jesus, Wagner insisted that Jesus was of Greek origin rather than Jewish. Like the Hellenistic Gnostics, he also argued that the Old Testament had nothing to do with the New Testament, that the God of Israel was not the same God as the father of Jesus, and that the Ten Commandments lacked the mercy and love of Christian teachings.

All aside from Jesus being greek was correct.

cathlicks: can't beat aquinas for theology

John Calvin: Ha Ha Yes...However!

youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

reading the bible in interpretations not approved by church theologans like that was uber protestant

convert

didn't nietzsche write about lutherna hating the visual beauty of cathedrals so he inspired wagnerian music in his gospel songs

>create dreamworld so intense and beautiful that those who internalize it become forever afflicted by a longing for something that has never been
Wagner is THE genius.

t.guinea

shit thread tbqh

Bach was a lutheran

Also
>wagner
>protestant

Lutherans have a tradition of explicitly not using wagner's famous wedding march because he was a pagan.

All the German blood spilled over religious wars, what was it all for

> Implying Xanten never existed
> Implying Early Middle Ages never happened

Absolutely nothing.
Say it again!

is a reason really necessary?
for the spilling of german blood I mean

Does anyone here get the feeling that most famous musicians gave no flying fucks about confession ? From all the biographies i've red, I recall only one musician called Hassler who had problems celebrating the mass cuz he was protestant and his hosts were catholics if not crypto jews.

swarthes of intelligent protestant europeans leaving the continent and starting the greatest god damn country on earth

A challenger appears!

>Lutherans have a tradition of explicitly not using wagner's famous wedding march because he was a pagan.
And decide to use Mendelssohns wedding march. Shit we protestants are smart.

If you mean the reformation, that was fought to stop corruption.

Bach and Handel were protestants

Catholics are such WE WUZers. They always try to claim the cultural achievements of Europeans and use it as an instrument of power to coerce people into their faith. It makes me queasy. The church forced the society to be Catholic, and then claimed all the achievements of the people in that society. Could Aquinas have been anything other than a Catholic? the great geniuses of the 13th century were born into and worked within that immense power structure of the church--- of course they were Catholic. In modernity, with Catholicism so worn down and bloated, the great geniuses are atheist or agnostic.

The fact that most geniuses today are atheist/agnostic and/or left leaning doesn't mean they are those things because they're geniuses, it's because they are born into a time when these ideas are ascendant. Equally, the fact that under the religious monopoly of the church, surprise surprise, all of the great men were catholic (or killed as heretics and their works eradicated from the histories).

I can see Catholics' bony little hands grasping and ripping at these great geniuses of history, trying to posses them and parade them around to somehow legitimise their vulgar and slavish superstition. Repulses me to be honest. I agree with Goethe when he wrote:

Much there is I can stand. Most things not easy to suffer
I bear with quiet resolve, just as a God commands it.
Only a few things I find as repugnant as snakes and poison,
These four: tobacco smoke, bedbugs and garlic and Christ.

>garlic
>tobacco smoke
>Christ

what, is this guy undead or something?

lol the Catholic Church created the scholastic university system as we know it today. They literally created Europe's first universities. You have no idea how crucial the Catholic Church as an institution was with respect to European history

Listen the dude you're replying to is a raving lunatic and I have no idea where he was going with half the stuff he said, but he's right about the Catholics.

They claim they're the direct cause of everything under the Sun and without them nothing would exist. They're hugely influential, sure, but that's because they killed or threatened to kill anyone and anything that got in their way. Given enough time, any group that does that will see greatness appear from it, if only out of sheer boredom or necessity.

t. Vlad Dracula

Can we agree that if Wagner was alive in the late 90s he would have been in a melodic death metal band?

He would be in my bed