So uhhhh.....how long after world war ii did the various cities and towns in ruin become habitable again?

So uhhhh.....how long after world war ii did the various cities and towns in ruin become habitable again?

As a person who has worked construction before it really seems like a mind boggling amount of work, putting a city together again after something like this, I can not even fathom what a modern day reconstruction effort would look like.

Tukish people

Why do you have lie Mehemet? Turkish gasterbeiters were non existent up until around 1960.

Western Europe cleaned up at an amazingly fast pace.

A lot of credit can be given to the US and the Marshall Plan of assisting and funding the rebuilding of Europe. The US also straight up gave things such as transit assets like trolleys and subway cars, which both provided transportation and took care of one of many things that needed rebuilding at the time.

Eastern Europe rebuilt far slower, they had ruins all over Germany into the 1960s left over from the war, while they were long since cleared or rebuilt in West Germany.

It truly is astonishing how quickly Europe rebuilt.

Germans love their arbeit. Sometimes the memes are real. If Merkel decided to turn Germany into the world's sweatshop tomorrow by stealing manufacturing contracts from China the germans would tap dance with glee.

More like efficient Germans.

I can only tell you how it happened in my own hometown, it was so severely bombed during WW2 that there were serious talks about rebuilding it somewhere else, there were only a handful of people still living in the ruins of the city, but the rebuilding properly began in 1946 and lasted largely all the way until 1955. Most of the material was reused for new buildings and throughout the late 1940s and early 50s most POWs taken were released in the process of the independence talks.
those only started to come in the 1960s when the industry required cheap labour to continue it's growth at the same speed after the war.

And then there was Finland, cucked out of Marshall Aid by the Soviets, with war reparations to pay, a mostly agricultural society, missing 10% of it's land and one of it's most important commercial cities, a tiny population still shrunk by the war and it's major cities destroyed. Paid reparations by 1952, rebuilt, urbanised and is now on-par with the other Nordics.

Master race

One thing that amazes me is that you see WWII films and the bombing is hardly over that you already have people clearing the rubble, moving bricks. Now you see films of Alepo and you have the Kebabs just staring, doing no shit.

Makes you think!

Are you genuinely comparing bombing raids with no enemy combatants on the geound to armed combatants and lone snipers picking off civilians and using them as human shields? Do you have any concept of the amount of Syrians who have died? And you are here making a racist statement about how Muslims won't clean up rubble? Fuck you.

t. riggered redditor

Arabs are allergic to physical work this isn't exactly controversial

Yes, make another joke. Consider yourself funny, say to yourself you have upset someone online. You have no argument, you are a racist hiding behind humor.

What is racist about noticing that millions of arab men fought tooth and nail to cash welfare cheques in Germany instead of rebuilding their city? Facts aren't racist.

He's right mate, you are an imbecile.

im just noticing things hehheh

give me another knee jerk response calling me a racist that's all you have when people speak basic truths

You speak of the damage to Aleppo and call them Arab, you have no respect for those who fight and die for their country, the millions displaced from their country, those who cannot leave for fear of death. You say they all run to Germany when Turkey, Pakistan, Lebanon, many African countries take in the most refugees. You have no facts to back your hate words.

I didn't call you a racist, I called you an imbecile. Coming out during the day to try and patch things up after a strategic bombing attack in WW2 is completely different to trying to rebuild right in the centre of a pitched battle.

You won't find that many Germans were building anything during the Battle of Berlin or Russians building anything during Stalingrad.

You should check out the white helmets for example if you think Syrians have no sense of community.

what hate words they're running away instead of rebuilding keep reaffirming what I'm saying

what respect should I have for horses of foreigners coming here to abuse the social safety net my society built instead of rebuilding their own Nation? you mistake me for a swede

>ISIS and the "moderate" beheaders are fighting for their countries
You what mate?
The difference between ww2 and the Syrian civil war are huge in that one can safely say that the brutality displayed by the extremist subhumans is far greater, thus meaning people can't just stick around and clean up. That's true, many are fleeing in fear of their lives and can't stay anywhere in Syria. Ill give you that.

However, the other user makes a good point that there are far too many young Syrian men fleeing to Europe. (Albeit there are far more economic migrants going to Europe than actual refugees) the Orban put it best in his Christmas address to Hungary. I'm paraphrasing, but he roughly said, "when our nation was ravaged by [World War 2], you didn't see our young men flee. They stayed, fought, and rebuilt etc."

well ok if you really think so , you picked a bad example to argue that though