Why did Ireland not experience the population boom that almost every other industrialized nation experienced...

Why did Ireland not experience the population boom that almost every other industrialized nation experienced. Irelands population is still less than before the great famine.

Because the Irish need a host so they can prosper

Are you saying Ireland is simply a parasite?

They did. In America.

It mostly boils to economic isolation and subsequent poverty. If millions hadn't left to go to the U.S the population would likely be much higher now.

Ireland modernized around the 70s/80s so they fell for the first world "lets not have much kids" meme.

Op
Is it because the irish immigrated so much that other areas expereienced the demogrpahic boom in Irish population

Its literally a reaction to changing societal pressures and incentives. Population booms happen in the transition period from agricultural societies to indistrial ones.

Culture of emigration and lack of jobs. Not really complaining though, our country is made of rolling green hills and comfy villages, it's not a grey concrete shithole heaving with people like England

The were emigrating in huge numbers elsewhere, the populations where they settled underwent that population boom.

A far better question is why the fuck the French didn't. Their population only grew at a moderate pace throughout the industrial revolution and honestly grew faster following WWII.

>try to go for a walk on one of the rolling green hills
>local farmer shoots you for trespassing
>he is given a medal by the president and the GardaĆ­ take you behind the barracks and rough you up
We really need a right to roam like Scotland have

We had a similar amount of people as England before the famine, but could you imagine fifty million people living in our small country? Nah it's much comfier the way it is, no Pakistani rape gangs either.

Don't go walking through people's property, eejit. There are plenty of public natural places to walk

After the whole John ward thing I don't think farmers do that anymore, think it's just a meme.

You can walk on farmland in Scotland, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Austria, Czech Republic, Belarus and Switzerland as long as you don't mess anything up. I just wish we had something similar, especially since Ireland has so few forests or national parks. I understand that agriculture is especially important to our economy and you don't want gangs of tinkers roaming through your fields pinching your sheep but there's probably a way to deal with that.

>Ireland doesn't have famine
>slowly industrializes
>8 million people turn into 30 million people

imagine how much of a shithole the place would be if they didn't all move to america

>probably a way to deal with that
Aye, shooting them. Until tinkers are extinct we will never have a right to roam

Experience walking through a farmer's field in Scotland
>Awricht pal
>Aye
>Braw day aye
>Aye it is at that yeah

Experience walking through a farmer's field in Ireland
>ARE YE LOST THERE
>n-no I was just trying to
>THERE'S A WEE BOREEN DOWN THERE TAKES YOU STRAIGHT INTO TOWN NOW
>I j-just wanted a wal-
>AH YOU CAN'T MISS IT, I'LL WALK YOU DOWN SURE
>okay.jpg

I think he let me off easy because I was a tourist

should have invoked shillelagh law

Don't see anything wrong with what he did desu. It's his land, imagine me casually sitting out your back graden. And aye you definitely got off easy

The Ir*sh are indolent and lazy

It did. The fact it still managed to be as high as it is despite the famine and massive emigration is impressive.

Can you imagine if potato-niggers bred like normal niggers? Be thankful.

Because the french hit modern fertility numbers after the revolution when you couldnt just give everything to one son and had to split your heritage, meaning it was Much harder to have tons of children

Because of the great famine you twat

>grey concrete shitholes
Maybe in Manchester or other poor centres but you realise how much rolling fields will never be touched
Ireland would do anything for goodie points like a half Indian gay leader

>Its literally a reaction to changing societal pressures and incentives. Population booms happen in the transition period from agricultural societies to indistrial ones.

Good luck convincing the people here of that.

>Manchester
>Birmingham
>London
>Sheffield
I could go on
>half Indian gay leader
Absolutely fuck all to do with this discussion, he wasn't voted in so you can stop desperately clawing for strawmen