Is transgenderism a new thing or has it been around since time immemorial? Sorry...

Is transgenderism a new thing or has it been around since time immemorial? Sorry, I can't post this on the containment board because of the bias. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636618/
youtu.be/7NyX5CxGraE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can post this on the containment board though; there are sane people who will give you some insight. Not everyone there [lesbeans] is pro-trans

Oh, I meant /pol/

I mean it's transphobe who say trans people will always be the gender assigned to them so like why be upset when they reproduce in a way that transphobes say is "natural".

Gender variance is a human constant at least since the advent of the Neolithic so get used to it.

I read a story about a roman emperor who would dress up as a women and prostitute himself outside the palace to men and then brag about being more popular to other female prostitutes.

That's only because trannies keep spamming the lesbian threads about their dick.

I'd say it's been around for a long time but was always dismissed as lunacy or something until recently when greater understanding came about

Its a sympton of mental Illness and has been around for thousands of years by all records. We know its a mental illness because it can be cured with anti-psychotics

There have been lots of third genders in cultures throughout history.

In India and Pakistan, there are hijras, which are sort of like trans women, but are not considered either male or female

Transsexual surgery/therapy is a modern"treatment" which is invented at Europe during 1930's for treating "Sexual Identity Disorder". Use your brain for a second and you'll know this. And transsexual surgery can't really change your sex, only your appearance.

Also, I feel very sorry for these fuckers' kids and parents. Such a degenerated travesty.

No, that's not true though. There isn't a cure.

That's the kind of thing people said about homosexuality and in some cases continue to say

There have been examples of similar things throughout history, but transgenderism itself is a modern concept based on modern gender science. The earliest example I know is a Stone Age grave where a person of one sex was buried with grave goods normally associated with the other sex. Lucius Cornelis Sulla Felix also famously associated with fringers, and is on record as flattering an "aged transvestite".

The historical evidence is pretty clear on the existence of gender-related issues. But gender science itself is a new concept.

it's literally STILL only at the most 0.05% of the US population but they just get a retarded amount of publicity.

It's something that isn't as simple as just accepting. It really only happens on a small amount of population and those who are legit and not just attention whoring live really though lives. Should we investigate and help these persons? Of course, but it's not a godamm facebook trend fpr people to jerkoff their retarded and unsubstantiated ideas of gender identity.

Trannies are gross.

What's wrong with just regular ol' boipussy?

>I can't post on the containment board because they disagree with me and I'm really only here for validation, not discussion

B2R

What irks me is that it's coming from both sides. Just take that American bathroom issue. It's fucking ridiculous either way, because the affected population is small enough to go by ad hoc decisions, tailored to the individual and their community.

Yet both sides suddenly turned into bathroom dictators. But it's just piss and shit. All this safe space nonsense assumes there are tons of assholes and sexual predators just waiting to pounce in bathrooms. And how the fuck are you even going to check this shit, anyway?

>Roman emperor

That just tells us that gender-bending is peak degeneracy

>implying this isn't the contaiiment board

/pol/ is Veeky Forums's bread and butter, you ingrate

bathrooms never needed to be segragated in the first place. what a waste of resources

That mental illness has been around a long time, but we're better at enabling it today than we used to be.

Screencap?

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Q5WaXgEjBz8&t=4m41s

>a heterosexual white couple having a child

Whats the problem here again?
/pol/ sperges about everything these days.

There's a reason why the lesbian generals are labelled "Cis LesGen" instead of just "lesbian general". They need to keep those fucking trannies out.

Well user, would you?

This really makes me repulsive....
Fucking disgusting!

your example is kinda oximoronic cause they basicaly started a heterosexual family and embodied the whole form follows function thing based on biologicaly inherent differences in anatomy, neurology and organ function, all the way to the one with the dick being obviously the domminant one

whatever transmogrification of worldwiews and identities it took them to get to that point was probably the thing that enabled them to breed at all, without that neither of them would probably reproduced, and noone would have seen anything strange or unusual about that, some random dyke and some random beta that just go trough their 30/40 alone and likely jump of a building at some point, perfectly normal

this is a example of instinctive drives breaking out into spaces where they can actualy satisfy the deep and primal need for role, place and function in a order of things, thats as traditional as it gets these days

You have these:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

Which have existed for millennia.

However, I do think they get an absurd amount of publicity today, which is a new phenomenon obviously.

But a lot of things that are rare actually do get a lot of attention today which it didn't before, because of the internet.

2bh 95% of /lgbt/ is trannies now, might as well rename the board to /tranny/.

People wanting or feeling like the other sex is probably pre-historic. Todays ones tough, are mostly very confused retards.

Transsexual surgery is a modern invention and transsexualism is a modern degeneracy without doubt. However, identity disorder probably is a mental disease which has existed in human society for a long time same as faggotory, it’s just too rare to be well known, besides, back then people may not call it like we do today and didn’t have enough medical knowledge to treat it, so time to time they would turn to religious or super natural ways to deal with these lunatics, hence occasionally we may find something similar in some tribal cultures or religions such as Hindus. Publics back then may demonized them as devils, or praised them as gods, or sent them to be clerics, but overall they’re indeed lunatics and would not be normalized like we do today.

You may go back to /lgbt/ now.

Personally, I'm critical of the claim that human beings exist solely with in a specific gendered category at all.

For example, just because a man dresses a certain way, acts masculine most of the time and has a beard, doesn't mean that he suddenly stops being a male because he manifests feminine characteristics one day.

I think the whole idea of transgenderism is based on some weird notion that the boundaries between masculinity and femininity are somehow absolute and definable.

When society very specifically and strictly says that only women get to like pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons, and you are a man who likes pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons, is it a big leap to decide you must be a woman?

Before maybe you'd just conclude you are a weird man, but now there are enough people and organizations helping you make that leap of faith.

Having a non-standard interest for your sex shouldn't be a marker that you should've actually been the opposite sex tbqh.

I personally know women who compete in kickboxing in real life, and when they fight they are vicious, but off the court they are as feminine as the next woman.

I don't think they should be seen as men, nor as transgender simply because of their interests.

I would probably fug the one on the right desu

Good god, where are the times when "people" like this would get send to asylums or get gased right away.

Trannies have always been a thing but not in the way we know of it today. They were usually classified as a "third gender". "Transgender as an identity didn't exist and effeminate gay men were considered the same thing as them. Kathoeys (ladyboys) in Thailand are an identity that incorporates both trannies and sissies.

Not only did most of these societies believed gay to be the same thing as trans, but some thought of these identities as religious duties. Many of these identities were also adopted so people could be free to do the things they enjoyed in societies with strict gender roles (like indigenous American man who is striahgt but wanted to sew would be considered Two-Spirit). It would be inaccurate to label them as LGBT. It's like how homosexuality has always existed but not the homosexual identity.

Note: We have little information about lesbians or trans men since females were always pushed aside or ignored. No matter how much trans women scream about how they are ""most oppressed"", their feelings can not trump the values society placed on biological sex. The few cultures that did recognize "trans men" always treated them as inferior to "trans women".

Only now are people making a clear distinction between the sexuality and gender identity due to Western science trying to categorize and analyze these things. But people have also regressed and seem to think any gender variance means that a person is actually trans. You have to adhere to gender stereotypes 100% or it means you are actually trans. There has been a lot of revisionism where historical women who dressed in male clothing or took on masculine roles are now being called actually "trans men" (Joan or Arc or Nefertiti). People even refer to LGBT activists like Marsha P. Johnson as a "trans woman" rather than gay male drag queen she was in reality.

Glorified mental illness plus meds. Definitely a new thing.

Only after GaymerGayte which brought in a bunch of fags like you. Good job being part of why Veeky Forums surpassed a whole new level of shit.

Keep telling yourself that, nu-furry.

Probably has always existed but normalizing that shit is wrong. Transgenderism is a neurological condition where you feel uncomfortable with your body and want to commit suicide over it regardless of what other people think. At least homosexuality has been observed in other animals and gay people only want to kill themselves because society gives them grief for it. They would otherwise happily suck cock or eat pussy. I know some anons here that think homosexuality might exist as an evolutionary reason to strengthen bonds and look after young without population increase but I don't know about that.

It's literally just trannies and chasers. Not that I mind, I'm a chaser

Literally the most normie board in Veeky Forums

>We know its a mental illness because it can be cured with anti-psychotics
Not with any kind of reliability or consistency.

Well like all mentally illness, it was always a thing. Gender dysphoria happened to ancient people as well, unlike now however , they didn't have the technology to cut your dick off and reshape it into a vagina or give you hormonal treatments.

T b h, I think the German pagans had the best way of dealing with these kinds of people.

>been observed in other animals and gay people only want to kill themselves because society gives them grief for it.

Necrophelia, cannabalism , rape, and infanticide have also been observed in nature. That does not make them inherently good things.

>Necrophelia, cannabalism , rape, and infanticide have also been observed in nature. That does not make them inherently good things.
Precisely, which is why "homosexuality is unnatural" has always been an argument for brainlets. We judge things as good or bad based on their observable effects, rather than whether they are "natural" or not.

>We judge things whether they have bad effects or not

>For men, mortality was 165% higher than in the general male population during the 1- to 3-year period after the marriage (SMR = 2.65; 95% CI = 2.28, 3.06; n = 187 deaths) but gradually diminished to general population levels in the 13 to 14 years after the marriage (SMR = 1.02; 95% CI = 0.70, 1.42; n = 34 deaths). For women, mortality was 91% higher in the period 1 to 3 years after the marriage (SMR = 1.91; 95% CI = 1.36, 2.60: n = 40 deaths), but mortality rates did not deviate significantly from those of the general female population in subsequent periods 4 or more years after the marriage (n = 60 deaths).

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636618/

Homosexuals have higher suicide rates, higher trait neuroticism, higher prevelance of mental illness, higher prevelance of substance abuse, etc. As someone who has lived in an extremely pro gay community, there is also a massive issue with spousal abuse, especially amongst lesbians.

And here is the testimony of a former president of the American Psychological Association of how scientific research into homosexuality has been infiltrated by political interests

youtu.be/7NyX5CxGraE

/pol/ went to cripplechan like /x/ went to /fringe/

Pube stache gime the game away.

Your image implies there aren't 3-5 rare merchant and shekel conspiracy threads on /pol/ at all times.

>When society very specifically and strictly says that only women get to like pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons
But no such society exists or has ever existed. One of the things I don't get is this idea that gender roles are clearly set in stone and strictly followed by all cis people, rather than being indefinable memes which people pick and chose to conform to as and when it suits them.

No? More like implying that nu-/pol/ is trying to Eternal September the shit of pre-2015/2016 /pol/ while happens

Oh. You are correct then.

I miss monarchy threads

The closest you could get to MtF was a boy who would be castrated before they underwent the changes of puberty. Nero had a lad like this, whom he adored.

Good God. All liberals need to be gassed.

Crazy people have existed since the dawn of intelligent life. That doesn't mean we should treat them as anything else, now, though.

Did he fuck him?

This has nothing to do with liberalism, rather neo-marxism/post-modernist/identitarian bullshit.

Nothin new

>cis people
The fuck is that?

A term made up by trannies to refer to non-trannies to make their medical condition look normal or just an "identity".

>At least homosexuality has been observed in other animals

I hear that statement thrown around a lot, but are they exclusively homosexual, as in would they still mate with the same sex even if the opposite sex were present?

It's not made up by trannies, cis is literally a latin prefix meaning the opposite of trans.

>Is transgenderism a new thing
Physically no, culturally yes. What said.

Their use of the word is made up, making it a made up word when used by them.

And the romans literally murdered him exclusively because he was being a turbo-faggot like you say.

Not any more than the use of transgender. Trans literally means across, so transgender means "across genders". Cisgender means "on the same side of gender". There really isn't anything made up about them, it's just what words mean when constructed from existing words. I don't think you really understand how words develop.

It was only ever used in clinical literature by a handful of scientists to contrast with transsexual individuals. It was tranny activists like Serano who re-defined cis into how we use it today. Cis is now an "identity" where the gender and sex are in alignment, and it has been pushed it into third wave feminist + queer theory as the "oppressor class".

Instead of "made up", we should say "forced meme". It's not a natural term, a handful of coordinated activists media-blitzed it.

They kinda do
Ever tried to shit in a mens public bathroom? Shit is filthy as fuck
Now imagine if You had to sit down on That everytime You wanted to take a leak

It's always been a thing. People have always been weirdos.

You should note that those researchers used "cissexual" instead of "cisgender" to contrast with "transsexual". It's only that the PC fucks thought "transsexual" was wrong and began to use "transgender" (and thus "cisgender" as well). Apparently "transsexual" excluded too many gender variant people or people who don't suffer from dysphoria. Yeah, I don't get how you can be trans and not have dysphoria when having gender identity disorder is the very thing that makes you trans in the first place. It's like saying you're gay but have no homosexual attraction whatsoever. I guess this is why everybody who wants attention is calling themselves trans now. If you're a man who wants to wear a pink shirt then that means you're not actually a man now but a genderqueer.

>It was only ever used in clinical literature by a handful of scientists to contrast with transsexual individuals. It was tranny activists like Serano who re-defined cis into how we use it today. Cis is now an "identity" where the gender and sex are in alignment
I don't think there's really any difference beyond how our understanding of gender changed over the decades, originally the term was transsexual meaning someone who actually had a sex change, now we understand it as transgender meaning someone whose internal "brain sex" doesn't match their original phenotype.

>and it has been pushed it into third wave feminist + queer theory as the "oppressor class".
That didn't really require any kind of conscious decision, it was just an inherent consequence of trans people being a sociological minority.

The same would be true of most terms that originate in academia desu.

I read that there was a drug manufactured in Sweden which when the person took enough of it they lost all desire to become three other sex.

>Apparently "transsexual" excluded too many gender variant people or people who don't suffer from dysphoria.
They not only used terms like "transgender" to be more inclusive but for a long time they also used "trans*". The asterisk was supposed to include all the other "kinda but not really trans" identities like Two-Spirit and "non-binary". People took offense because they thought it implied that it created a hierarchy where certain people were more "trans" than others an they eventually removed it.

The issue is that transsexual originally refers to the physical "sex change surgery" which isn't universal to trans people, and many today consider it excessive for treating typical cases of gender dysphoria. Additionally, it's confusingly inconsistent with the other LGBT terms, where "[x]sexual" means "sexually attracted to [x]", while that old definition of transsexual doesn't have anything to do with sexual attraction. If it were interpreted the same way as other terms, one would think "transsexual" would mean someone who is attracted to trans people. So our current system is to use transgender/cisgender to describe whether one's gender identity matches their sex.

Not common in modern western bathrooms

>it was just an inherent consequence of trans people being a sociological minority.
gb2 tumblr

There is a case of pimozide being used to successfully treat somebody with gender issues, however it was a single case study that was never replicated, and the patient had I believe schizophrenia which was believed to be the cause of their gender issues, while most cases of gender dysphoria are believed to be a "brain sex" issue rather than anything related to schizophrenia. So it doesn't seem probable that it constitutes an effective general treatment for gender dysphoria.

>sociological minority
More like mentally ill whackos who want to be seen as normal by society. They aren't a sociological minority. They are a literal minority.

Never said they were, just pointing out toilet superiority

That girl on the right is really hot t b h

>brain sex
Most sociologists spent their lives to debunking brain sex and writing about how gender is a social construct. Now trannies are making it a thing again. We've done a full 180 lads.

Sociological minority meaning they were a group that did not have the power to establish social norms for the greater society. This isn't any tumblr stuff, this is like basic sociological theory. I don't think it's accurate to refer to majority groups as "oppressor class" since it makes it sound like they're actively malicious towards minorities, while the WHOLE POINT of privilege is that people can be unaccommodating to minorities unknowingly, without any malicious intent.

It's the regressive left, user. It's like how they want people to think Islam is a religion of peace.

Literal minority means in the statistical sense. A sociological minority is about lacking power, for example in a society where every citizen owned 10 slaves the slaves would be a statistical majority but a sociological minority.

From a biological standpoint, it's pretty hard to dispute brain sex. I mean the last person to try that was John Money, and we know that didn't turn out good. I think most of the "gender is a social construct" thing is supposed to be about questioning gender roles, but I do think it's silly to claim that brain sex is nonexistent in spite of all the evidence. Most of the confusion seems to be that some parts of the brain are different between the sexes, and others tend to be more or less the same, leading both sides to claim that their view is absolute truth.

Maybe because sociologists and trannies have different views on what gender is. Sociologists say gender is the role applied to biological sex. Trannies say gender is ~how they really feel on the inside~ despite their biological sex. Trannies talk about how gender and biological sex are separate but then talk about brains to describe how their gender is biologically hardwired into them.

tumblr detected

They are such a minority, I don't see the point of even acknowledging them. And you can't tell who is truly trans and who is just an AGP most of the time.

>And you can't tell who is truly trans and who is just an AGP most of the time.

You know, I always found it interesting how men always fetishize about being women but women hardly ever fetishizie about being men. Is it because our society sexualizes women this much that men start to want wear a female skin?

Jesus christ, you sound like a fucking delulu tranner

>oh look a gender difference
>must be society

Definitely. Just look at how /a/ wishes they were little girls because they watch so much moe anime.