What is the most accurate, least modified version of the Bible available today? What language is it in? Also...

What is the most accurate, least modified version of the Bible available today? What language is it in? Also, same for the first question but specifically for Latin copies?

NRSV

Can you explain why you think a translation of translations (heck it even makes use of the vulgate so a translation of a translation or a translation)is the least modified bible ?

it's translated straight the original Hebrew OT and Greek NT

Learn Greek.

The extant Greek, Hebrew and in a few places Aramaic manuscripts, I would imagine.

The KJV is outstanding.
The New KJV is an easier version to read.

The Latin is absolute shit; the Vulgate is absolute shit.

>it's translated

So just how English is more accurate and less modified than the Greek and Hebrew?

>The KJV is outstanding.

>KJV
Are you actually retarded?

Non-Christians are so triggered by the King James Version.

The worst you could say about the KJV is they kept the Latin Vulgate mistranslated "Lucifer".

>commissioned for the church of england, a "church" founded because king henry viii threw a bitch fit because the pope wouldn't annul his marriage
everything surrounding the kjv is fishy as hell

I like the ASV but it's choice of wording is often outdated and I would prefer an alternative. Rotherhams bible follows the Greek literally, sometimes too much. It also does the same for the Hebrew of the OT.
Brenton's Septuagint is the most popular.
And last perhaps of interest would be Murdock's translation of the Peshitta which follows a Byzantine/Antiochean text tradition but can have the potential to inadvertently turn up the precise nature of Yeshua's original wording being in Aramaic and such and also some untranslated Aramaic terms in the Greek text having actual meaning in Syriac.

The convention was an amazing Holy Spirit filled endeavor that produced a remarkable version of the bible that retains all the power and majesty of the original Greek and Hebrew.

Christians wanted their own bibles because they found out that the Catholic bibles had been changed to worship Mary.

The cunts who wrote the KJV were not trained in koine greek
needless to say it was molested several times -- rewritten if you stretch it

>The worst you could say about the KJV is they kept the Latin Vulgate mistranslated "Lucifer".
The worst I would say is that they literally mistranslate numerous passages, often because they felt a need to correct the originals.

>Immortal soul on the line
>Still too lazy to learn Greek or Aramaic

>worship Mary
your ignorance is showing

Why bother when I can just apologise?

Not with that attitude you can't.

The Bible I use is based on the Nestle-Aland 27, Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia as well as the Gottingen Septuagint and Rahlf's Septuagint. Seems to be pretty standard for the English translations most widely considered to have high accuracy.

the gospels were written in Greek, not english or hebrew

Critical texts not any outdated received text crap. That stuff's amended and interpolated and doctrinalized. Alexandrian readings are were the raw and original text is best preserved.
For the OT the best idea would be an eclectic texts that follows the Masoretic Hebrew but inserts Samaritan and Greek readings which are not found in it.

>or hebrew

I said bible not gospels

>written in Greek, not english

Which is my point, anyone recommending English is given a wrong answer

Jefferson Bible

No matter how accurate your bible, it will still be wrong.

Jack Chick pls go

Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Hebrew and Aramaic
Novum Testamentum Graece (Nestle-Aland 28), Greek

As for Latin:
Biblia Sacra Vulgata (Weber-Gryson)

Depends how you define the bible. It's a canon that has been adopted by many groups and what is considered authoritative to one is irrelevant to another. Say if the Gospels writers are primarily building their religious attitudes from Old Testament scripts from the Septuagint (not necessarily the case), then the "least modified version" of their Bible would not be the Masoretic Text.