Does the Orthodox church have blood on its hands like the Catholics do...

Does the Orthodox church have blood on its hands like the Catholics do? Did they ever kill whole communities of people for heresy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm fairly certain they condoned the killing of Turks, for example by the man called Dracula.

OP meant humans.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers

> Nikon, Patriarch of Russia does reforms

> "We don't want to change"

> Austistic screeching (plus torture, murder, and Siberian exile)

Yes, countless times.

Since they were united with the Catholic Church until the schism, they inherit the fall of the Roman Empire, the killing of Manichaeans, Arians, Gnostics, the rape of Hypatia, the burning of the library of Alexandria, the looting of pagan temples and the closing down of the schools of philosophy.
>OY VEY THE GOYIM ARE THINKING TOO MUCH WE'RE GONNA BE FOUND OUT SHUT IT DOWN!

thread has potential

>the burning of the library of Alexandria

Daily reminder that Christianity was the Bolshevism of the Roman Empire.
>b-but muh based orthodoxy
Suck circumcised dick.

>implying most of Transylvania wasn't Catholic at the time
Vlad III himself ended up "officially" converting to Catholicism, his parents and brothers were generally Catholics too (except for Radu who became a Janissary), although it had more to do with political considerations than fanaticism.

They did burn it, friend. Sure they weren't the only ones, but it happened.

The dozens of other libraries and museums in the Eastern Roman Empire too.

>the burning of the library of Alexandria,
Who in the region didn't burn down the Library at sone point? That thing has burned up more often than LA has race riots.

*commits genocide over a personal vendetta

The Orthodox were definitely better at converting than Catholics were.

Estonia was never christianised fully except for the region of Setomaa, which was christianised by the Kievan Rus 2 centuries prior to the Northern Crusades.
To this day, they are the only religious Estonians. There are also a few communities (like the island of Kihnu) that converted to Orthodoxy in the mid-19th-century because of a promise of land, who are still religious.
Although the switch to Protestantism probably had a part in the non-adoption of Chrisianity by the people.
The crusaders did manage to destroy Paganism and for that I still hold a small grudge against Germans.
The Moravian Church is also to blame. They destroyed a large portion of what was left. Thanks to them the Estonian peasants of the 18th-19th centuries were somewhat religious aswell.

>Old believers
>Literally killing people over a phrase and a hand sign
At least we killed people with substantially different views.

I'm pretty sure they hate jews and kebab
just like Ol Brother Nathanael

Join my Evangelical Church it never killed anyone it's pure and new.
We need to make Christianity more open and tolerant.

Unlike the Catholic Church, the Orthodoxy was literally cucked by a state and did what the state told it.

And that state happens to be Russia, which is fond of murders and pogroms.

>HowCanIHoldAllTheseCrucifixes.jpg

And with good reason!

>the burning of the library of Alexandria
That's the muslims

Turks were invaders it was entirely legitimate and moral to resist.

>Does the Orthodox church have blood on its hands like the Catholics do?

The Bogomils started from the Balkans, and they ended up during that one horrible siege in France (called Cathars there).
They were hunted down and killed, since they were basically christian communists, in a feudal era.

>orthodox christian
>hating humans

You are bad at your faith.
Leave the hating, hell preaching and crusading to catholics. Love your fellow man.

>No, a man of color takes his reparations from white oppressors by force
>Before we criticize the so-called "foreign invaders",
>It is we, the Wallachian majority who are so numerous, who must admit that we are the problem

it's christian to hate evil

Nikon was right, russian church seriously degraded at that time and was needed to put back on it's Greek roots

Do you know what genocide means Mr. Notverysmartman?

What about all of the Americas? All of southern Africa? The Philippines? Shit, Japan, Korea and China are next to orthodox Russia but have sizeable Catholic minorities.

A holy psalm unto the lord

Ooga
Booga
Yahu akbar (chorus)

Ooga booga
Ooga booga
Yahu akbar

Yahu akbar?
Booga ooga

Ooga booga
Ooga booga
Yahu akbar (repeat)

everyone is evil according to Christian doctrine tho

>t*rks
>people
what are you smoking, user?

>burning the library

I've read the first time it burned down was when Caesar was quelling riots when he was there around 50 BCE

Orthodox Church of medieval Serbia, i.e. Raška, had regularly prosecuted, tortured and burned the bogumili at the stake. It was mostly to do with their retarded stance on how the state and everyone in it should just disarm.

>kill her husband
>threaten her son's rule

Olga did literally nothing wrong.

>the rape of Hypatia, the burning of the library of Alexandria
that was the Copts though.

Dracula wasn't Transylvanian, regardless what Irish gothic novel writers tell you.

Literraly rhe pro vs anti icon civil wars

Eh I don't think copts are a distinct sect yet and still church father territory