I have lost about 2/3 of my portfolio to horrible crypto decisions over the last few months

I have lost about 2/3 of my portfolio to horrible crypto decisions over the last few months

I can't seem to make money doing this, every decision I make turns out to fuck me over. How do you guys do it?

dont trade with emotions, you fuckwit

hodl

worry not
you still got a chance to get rich

just hold you dumbfuck. buy some btc or eth and fuck off for 5 years

I'll give you an honest answer.

I started out with about 12k, went up to 19, then July fucked me up down to 3.3k

Now I'm up to almost 48k in past 3 weeks (thanks to OMG)

Chasing pumps fucked me up. Getting on the ground floor of a good coin made me lots of money. That's how it appears to win at this game. Hence why everyone goes ICO crazy.

what are your picks?

observe charts from 1D to 1h to 5m and pick an entry point by observing RSI and MACD
your buy should be in line with the lower bollinger band, your sell at the opposite band
voila, you're a daytrader
for larger trends check out other autists' drawings and explanations, act accordingly

You still have time to get behind some very promising coins - ANT, XEL, WINGS & VIA. Do your due diligence: bitcointalk, github, whitepapers, twitter, etc. Don't buy immediately, wait for the floor, buy and hodl. Set yourself a strategy - taking gains all the way or selling at a set price. Don't listen to Veeky Forums. Good luck, user.

Is TA really efficient?
It just never convinced me for some reason.

no, too much volatility
for me it only works for sideways movement
you could also try but that takes some capital to begin with (diversification), else your gains are meager
poorfags with less than are better off trading IMO

MACD - can indicate a trend change (sometimes), nothing else.
Boelinger bands - false sense of safety, especially if you are trading more volatile coins and are dealing with panic selling and/or FOMO.
I haven't used ROI so cannot comment on that.

Are you just buying whatever gets Veeky Forums in a frenzy at any given moment?

Always take Veeky Forums with a truckload of a salt. Sometimes it gets it right, most of the time it doesn't.

Also gotta watch out for the unbelievable amounts of FUD from "insiders" and "experts" that gets posted.

I turned 2 dollars into 20 dollars and just wish I would have been brave enough to do this with more money

> can't seem to make money doing this, every decision I make turns out to fuck me over. How do you guys do it?

The secret is that the winners gloat on here , and the losers stay silent.

Buy and hold retard. Just buy and hold. Right now.
> waves
> strat
> btc
> eth

Put 25% in each and don't look back.It's that easy.

do the boring but save kind of trading. whenever you deep in the red, it just means you'll have to be a little more patient until the coin bounces back. needless to say this can take years, but they almost always bounce back unless you bought total shit.

Its simple user;

Organize your ideas; stop fucking daytrading, stop following all teh shills here; use a fucking bot (add me on telegram if yo uwant more information on a public known bot that its actually cheap and has a big community around it.
After I stopped daytrading and started using my bot for that, I've been happy.
I've bought some coins with fundamentals, won with some dumps, lose with some but im still here. If you want to talk more, let me know or drop a telegram user and I'll add you.

don't buy scamcoins

HOW THE FUCK DO I ADD U ON TELEGRAM
I WANT THIS BOT.

>read dev sites
>read slacks
>read between the lines on biz and other sites
>the moment I got some BTC I accepted that I could lose it all in the next 5 minutes
my first goal while learning was to whatever happened never lose any money from the initial buy
>if something someone is shilling caught my attention then I go and read about it and >read the chart, more often than not when Veeky Forums tells you it's mooning it's actually way past your entry point and you will end up getting in mid dump or worse, thread carefully
>if something I buy skyrockets out of nowhere, I just check how much it cost me and just get that back in BTC/ETH and use it to make a new investment while I keep my eye on all the free coins I got
>Never buy high and sell low
>learn when and how much to HODL
>daytrading against bots is stupid to say the least, learn to spot them and learn to spot the whales

Everyday I learn something new from guys here or other sites.

put your user here ill search you

lol your about to get scammed

rrre442234 234244fff

Take your profits at 10% and sell your losers at 5% unless there is a serious strong bounce.
If something special warrants holding past 10%, do so, but if it starts turning back sell the 10%. There is no shame in taking money if you feel uncomfortable even if it's .01%.

>Protect your downside
If it's a fucky position, throw it right in the garbage. Don't wait until your bags are deep and heavy to unload them. Market timing is BULLSHIT, identify the current trend and act accordingly. Crystal ball is actually just cheap glass.

>Keep your upside big
Chances are if you're not completely braindead you'll more or less have a 50% win rate.
Imagine you sell every loss at 2% and take every gain of 6%. With a 50% win rate you have a net gain.
Imagine you held your bags until they were deep (selling loss at 20%) and sold gainers at 20%.
Same win rate, net loss. You'd need to sell the gainers at 40% to keep above water.

People tend to think it's not a loss if you don't sell. Sure, maybe some day you go positive again and get a chance to sell at profit. But in the meantime you've locked up X amount of money that could've been spent elsewhere.

The old "#1 rule is: don't lose money" is so often ignored.

brah, the public bitcointalk forums alt section contains like 3 fucking different bots; Gunbot (the one im using) CAT and Leonardo; they are all from reputable members, do your fucking research instead of saying everybody here is trying to scam

The #1 rule actually is: Do not attempt to time the markets, and this exactly what you are doing. Enjoy getting burned.

Do your research and buy coins at a low price that you believe have a future. That is all you have to do.

>Market timing is BULLSHIT, identify the current trend and act accordingly
Did you miss that part?
That means not buying downtrends expecting a reversal.

He asked about day trading not value investing which is what you're describing.

How the fuck do you guys lost so much money? stop going all in or holding shitcoins.

dont worry keep doing it, one day you'll succeed

Replace STRAT with Avalon and you're me

Day trading is an excellent way to loose your money.

You need to combine with FA to make sure that news/outside sources arent creating false indicators. If things are somewhat quiet and stable online/in news then work your Tea Leaves and youll do fine.

Start again with 5 or 10 and cash out 5 or 10. Now you cant lose

Buy omisego when its in the red. Wait.

Profit enormously.

Ark or neo too if you wish to diversify.

get on someones private slack for 30$ a month and let them take the decisions for you... might not be optimal but might be better than your calls

READ MORE
LURK MORE
DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT BIZ SAYS

Buy a coin. Hold for a week or two until it goes 30%+. Sell at ATH and buy the dip.

You literally have to be pants on head fucking retarded to lose money in a bull market

There are tons of resources and very good tools out there. Try looking around.

Buy Digibyte and Verge (DGB and XVG). Come back in a year. Buy a lambo. It's really not that hard.

I literally made almost 700 dollars on those two coins alone today. Not selling tho. Ill sell when they hit 1 dollar a pop after the rebranding.

got any links to dem private slacks??

where do all you people get your news and rumors from? whenever the shilling hits Veeky Forums, the mooning is always over