Why does Veeky Forums hate Protestantism?

Why does Veeky Forums hate Protestantism?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-02-28/beaconsfield-mosque-plans-church-offers-land/8312112
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietism
youtube.com/watch?v=0e5lbnBMP2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably because today all you see is the batshit crazy conservative evangelicals
or
the batshit crazy liberal Lutherans and Anglicans

Protestant countries have fallen the farthest in this current era of demoralization, everybody likes kicking them while they are down.

Don't hate them just want to help them understand so that they can stop this progressive drivel spiral.

1. The official religion of the eternal Anglo, fueling his conquest and bloodshed
2. Easy mode Christianity. "Guys let's just make getting to Heaven easy because I want it to be that way and I dunno maybe God would want me to change the rules lol"

at its conception they had no qualms in siding with the ottomans and to this day they still have a love of Islam for some reason

Looks like that means God favored the Protestants over the Catholics lol
Catholics BTFO

If that is the case where is the Anglo's Empire now? What of the Irish the Protestants so cruelly tormented, now living in their own Nation in peace? Of the grasp the Anglo once had over the world? Gone.
Now the eternal Anglo beds with Muslims, his sons turn brown, his culture wains.

Would you say God is with the Protestants, to turn them into Islamists, to revoke their control?

>Everyone against Rome is turning into Islam backwater countries or progressive degenerate metropolises.

Because Lutheranism takes too many liberties and Calvinism is way too autistic. Orthodoxy is the true Christian path

Are you Russian?

No I went through all the sects and settled on Eastern Orthodoxy. Reconciled the ideas of tradition and personal spiritual experience nicely. Not to mention Dosto gave me a push in the right direction.

Name some sects you went into deeply.

Well I was born Anglican. Never looked into Catholicism because way too hegemonical and bureaucratic. Luther had crazy unbiblical ideas. Calvinism was appealing because of how it reconciled a lot of philosophical issues with scripture but then I realized it just turned religion into a sterile experience. Then a friend told me that Orthodoxy is probably what I am looking for and I haven't looked back.

>its the true path because I like it the most

Isn't that what religion is?..

If I were to go based off messages from God then I'd be Mormon, but being Mormon doesn't make sense.
I listened to several lessons by a Mormon Missionary, and throughout them I felt a ease of my chest, a form of ASMR, but tugging out from within my chest in the most gentle way. The Mormons sad was the Father, Son and Holy Spirit reaching out to me and urging me to listen more, it was my connection to God.

But that doesn't make sense, since you can see from the founding of Mormonism it's some weird multi-wife cult founded by a not very good con artist.

Not that user, by the way.

>cruelly

Well to clarify I think you can find salvation in any of these as long as you are baptized and believe in Jesus. Other than that I think it just comes down to which doctrine is the most edifying. I believe that to be Eastern Orthodoxy

Oh and of course repentence. Yeah I'm not for the OSAS nonsense. So baptism, repentance and enduring belief, the rest is academic.

Because they haven't been around as long so their history hasn't been nearly as interesting. Also because they're heretics

1. Its not contrarian enough/ out there for the majority anglo posters (kind of like how people fall for eastern religions)
2. Being raised in the society if they have had a bad experience with christianity it is most likely with Protestantism
3.Apostolic Christianity offers easy and comforting answers to difficult questions in a way that at first instance seems more reasonable.
4.Protestantism lacks that degree of exotic appeal
5.Protestantism in its worship is far less gratifying to the senses.
6.Protestantism is crazily easy to strawman and has the most bizarre Christians.
7.Dostoevsky is really easy to understand compared to Kierkegaard.

First and foremost, memes and LARPing.

Second, there aren't really that many of them left who haven't either gone liberal, fundagelical, or even worse, fucking charismatics. How many people here have legit even read the Book of Concord, the Westminster Standards, the 39 Articles and BCP, the Three Forms of Unity, or the Articles of Religion?

There just aren't that many genuine Protestants anymore. I mean, they're there, but they don't much put up a fuss, and nobody really cares to focus on them in the media. They're just kind of boring. There is little to nothing exciting for the general public in Confessional Lutheran, Presbyterian/Reformed, Anglican, and Methodist churches.

A lot of the papists on this is site are very autistic. Like that irish guy that lives in the U.K that'll copy and paste the same 2 writings from the church elders for 200 posts

Based Church Fathers

That you Seamus?

I don't know what I am. Apathetic Theist I think?
Apatheist maybe, but I do more strongly believe in a creator to the universe than the possibility of Atheism.

Crazy Southern Baptists or, worse, liberal """"""Christians"""""" who think Churches need a Muslim prayer room.
The three acceptable churches are:
>Orthodox
>Eastern
>Catholic

That fellow is an atheist by his own admission, he just hates protestants

>who think Churches need a Muslim prayer room
This actually happens by the way. In my own city:
abc.net.au/news/2017-02-28/beaconsfield-mosque-plans-church-offers-land/8312112

He comes off as a crazed autist.

Many papists also masturbate to brown hordes coming to the U.S and expanding the papist church here, then run away to the suburbs crying about the mexicans they screeched for a few years back.

I read some posts there. Can you just tell me the salient point because I'm not reading all that shit

LARPing. Nothing but shitty LARPing.

>people asking to be able to force themselves to believe in religion is LARPing

What is Pascal's Wager

There something not right about that lad, I remember he had a break down when I challenged him to outline the axioms he held that led him to value the Church Fathers.

Reading one or two is the same as reading the whole thing, its a collection of conversion stories from Veeky Forums which showcase a whole bunch of anons claiming to have found Christ in Orthodoxy or Catholicism based on their nationalistic and racial desires

It's a slippery slope that made more and more things permissible until it caused the modern self destructive humanist culture we see today.

Oh I didn't get that because I'm an idiot you see

>Reading one or two is the same as reading the whole thing, its a collection of conversion stories from Veeky Forums which showcase a whole bunch of anons claiming to have found Christ in Orthodoxy or Catholicism based on their nationalistic and racial desires
Isn't that basically what boatloads of native Americans end up doing at some point in their lives? Forcing themselves to reconnect with roots they have had little interest in up to that point?

Is it a response to your culture being faced with possible extinction or what?

It's a response to needing some kind of decoration to suit their political and philosophical ideals so that they fit better with their mental image of what is right.

Larping /pol-deus-vult/-fags

>Is it a response to your culture being faced with possible extinction or what?

Until I see something like that happen irl Im more inclined to view it as just another stage of 4chans contrarianism kind of like how it used to be hyper athiest and left leaning or at least libertarian.

They gravitate towards Orthodox or Catholicism due to "aesthetics" though.

I'm inclined to say that not be a fedora was always what the majority of users were and eventually just got sick of all the fedoras shitting up Veeky Forums and other sites

neither of which are germanic. really made me think

>I'm inclined to say that not be a fedora was always what the majority of users were and eventually just got sick of all the fedoras shitting up Veeky Forums and other sites

I think that might have became a thing once the place went mainstream in the 2010's

I believe otherwise but you could be correct

There's a heavy Catholic presence in Germany though, but expecting consistency from LARPers is a lost cause to begin with.

Because we are terrible.
t. Congregationalist

Yes, but catholicism is at heart a southern european thing. It's basically following a roman religion/sect. Protestantism is what separated northern/western europeans from their historical conquerors and gave them their own christianity, if you will

This is all so true. Going to Church (which I don't do that often) can be a grueling experience because all of the wishy-washy progressive nonsense that I hear sometimes. But I can't bring myself to leave entirely because the UCC is still *my* church and I hate evangelicals even more. Protestantism--us mainliners certainly, but I bet the fundies to a large extent too--has completely lost its way and our decline seems inexorable.

You do realize that mainline protestants are a minority in the us

>It's basically following a roman religion
Takes influence from, it's significantly different from an already vague Greco-Roman Paganism, besides I wouldn't consider France, Poland or Ireland to be southern, you are right in the case of Scandinavia and maybe England(as Anglicanism is a very weird thing).

Oh sure, and our numbers are getting worse. But we were once the plurality, and even more important than that, we were the epitome of American Christianity. I guess in a twisted way we still are.

This is so damn retarded.

It killed and is still actively corrupting Western civilisation.

Protestants are just the military arm of the historical judeo-globalist interests, for they otherwise wouldn't be able to get away with as much shit doing the dirty work all by themselves. The UK and it's successor USA are prime examples.

You have been in the plurality since the 60's

*haven't

I like classical Lutheranism because it's the least deviated from the Christianity of the Middle Ages and classical antiquity aside besides Anglicanism and was the initial expression of the reformation.

The modern Evangelical Lutheran Church has gone the lesbian bishops pull down crosses for Muslim refugees route so I guess that leaves Moravians and Laestadians.

Lutheran Pietism looks like an interesting movement. It's like a protestant monastic/hermitic asceticism for lay people.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietism

> Christianity of the Middle Ages and classical antiquity

Source on this Orthodoxy still seems to shine out here or at the very least Catholicism

No that's the mainline protestant churches

>complains about progressivism
>it's been only Catholic and Orthodox priests in cahoots with communist regimes throughout history.
>meanwhile in proddieland you have shit like KKK, Hitler, and McCarthyism develop as well as social capitalism.

I meant within Protestantism.
?

In the us churches that do that kind of shit are called mainline churches even though they are only 15% of protestant churches in the U.S

ah I get you

Laestadians are the worst though.

Yeah but they're mostly the largest and original bodies of the churches before conservatives split from them. Most conservative mainliners would seem to be under fundagelical influence as well with creationism, literalism, kjo, millennialism and such but that's also affected all of Christianity in some way.

Really, any reasons? I saw some videos of their services on youtube and it had a typical preacher in suit sermon based service.

Those churches wouldn't be popular if the mainstream churches weren't corrupt.

Christanity is like the cheat sheet to Judiasm, you can be bad and ask for forgiveness and all and your immortal soul is still preserved.

Protestantism is like this but even lazier, save your soul from all your evil actions without ever leaving the home.

because schismatics decrease the political power of the church

Yeah I guess mainline denominations are losing membership while conservative mainliners grow slightly. The Evangelical Lutheran Church has established Latino and Oromo churches though.

The splits probably took place under the influence of the evangelicalism. Most evangelical Christians would probably join one of the more popular churches like Baptists, Methodists, non-denominational.

>can't drink any alcohol
>can't use contraceptives
>may treat animals as cruelly as you please because they "lack souls"
>rarely marry outside own sect
>discourage academic aspirations

My home town has a lot of different christians and these are the only ones that I've had any major problems with.

Baptists and Methodists were almost always the largest protestant groups here(both stemming from the Anglican church)

And the whole establishing nigger and mexican churches is one of the reasons the mainline churches are failing. Instead of looking inward and fixing their problems they go to places where they can get new converts that convert to get food and won't look into what they actually believe

Wow, who would have thought. I had heard that about alcohol.

>implying Anglicanism is Protestant
>implying it isn't just Catholicism-lite

Most of this could be explained within the sphere of the beliefs held in common by many churches.
>can't drink any alcohol
They can during communion but they aren't they only church to advocate for abstinence.
>can't use contraceptives
I think Catholics are also against this. Many protestant probably are also.
>may treat animals as cruelly as you please because they "lack souls"
I don't know were that might come from but Steven Anderson gave a sermon of animals and why they shouldn't be humanized. I find it hard to believe they torture animals for fun though.
>rarely marry outside own sect
Also not unique to them and is probably a habit of many Christians.
>discourage academic aspirations
This is potentially susceptible to debate.

> Ay, you want into the big heaven? Bribe yer preist goyim, catholicism is pure and moral!

Where can I do this?

In no way do I claim these certain traits are unique for the Laestadians, it's just all a bad combination of practices.
Of course only insane people go out to torture animals, but bad treatment of living creatures is more common and more acceptable than elsewhere.
The marriage thing wouldn't really be a problem if it didn't lead to so much inbreeding.
Keep in mind that this is also my experience of local Laestadians. I don't know how much of it is true for Laestadianism as a whole.

You can't ever since those grouchy reformers ruined the clergy's fun.

>KKK, Hitler, and McCarthyism develop as well as social capitalism.
These are all cancerous/counter-productive as well. Hating commies doesn't necessarily mean you have to align yourselves with mccarthy or be a bloody klansman

You're probably looking at it in a far too america-centric point of view.

It's hard-mode Christianity.

More like retard mode, heresy

>Protestant countries have fallen the farthest in this current era of demoralization
Protestant countries are the most moral countries on earth.

That's Catholicism.

why shouldn't I be able to buy indulgences??
people today get them for free with out doing anything! that seems kind of fucked up.

Protestantism + Capitalism = Success

>tfw too intelligent to be papist

Guess again, Cletus McSisterfucker

youtube.com/watch?v=0e5lbnBMP2U

prods are literally jewish infiltrators

Is that so?