/TIG/ Trading and Investing General - Head and Shoulder edition

Post charts, technical analysis, investment ideas, etc.
All asset classes welcome.

For noobs:
www.investopedia.com/university/
google.com

Charts:
tradingview.com
stockcharts.com
cryptowat.ch/
bitcoinwisdom.com

Economic calendar:
fxstreet.com/economic-calendar

Highlights for today:
~5 hours until Eurozone GDP data comes out
~14 hours until FOMC minutes
some shitcoin mooning, maybe

BTCUSD

Bitcoin is in the process of creating a H&S reversal pattern on the hourly chart. Buyers initially leaned on the hourly 100 SMA (blue line) but sellers broke through it on the second try dipping down to ~$3800 and closing at support ~$3900. Buyer have pushed back above the 100 SMA and have manged to hold it, for now. Sellers stepping in at ~$4200, below previous high, and stopping buyers is a bearish sign. Buyers need to get above $4200 asap or this is headed to test support. ~$3900, ~3800, and hourly 200 SMA are closest support. Next support comes in at ~$3500 and 4 hour 100 SMA at ~$3332.

Haven't seen a thread like this in weeks. Thanks op.

Tried a few times starting a thread kinda like this a few months ago but it's no use because, as they pointed out to me, this place belongs only to cryptos. Since then been going my own way. Recently playing around with some old historical data in spreadsheets.

We're holding out in /rgt/ now

will still bump for solidarity

Futures general? And to be fair crypto markets have tons of volatility while the "old markets" are suffering from summer malaise right now. So right now their stealing the show but it'll change back eventually.

LTCUSD

$45 support gave way on second attempt. Found support at ~$41. Currently consolidating after the big move. Probably will continue to do so today. It has a very choppy price action so if your a scalper this is the pair I'd recommend trading.

Yeah and also forex.
Since then volatility has been getting even quieter to volatility index at multi decade lows. But recently it has spiked up over 70%. But you know volatility goes around in cycles it wont stay quiet forever and I think it could be good to keep putting in the work now and when it explodes maybe those skills would be ready for primetime.
and pic related are a time I was studying today when the politicians who wanted to get into the Euro got into the ERM and they couldn't afford to keep paying to maintain that peg so they had to drop out of the ERM and soros profited over a billion pounds in the subsequent explosion in volatility.

Short volatility is at extremes. Whatever the catalyst will be it's going to set off massive volatility since the market is so one sided right now. I can't wait for it happen.

BCHBTC

Seller are holding hourly 100 SMA in a clear downtrend. That's buyers first target to get above to halt the trend. Break below support 0.07050000 failed to sustain but buyers failed to break above hourly 100 SMA on the bounce making the downtrend still intact. Next support is 0.05768111 below that is no mans land. Unless something fundamentally changes the market is showing a rejection of Bitcoin Cash as "The Bitcoin".

Oh cool, one of these threads. Thinking silver will be forming a lower high after it comes up from that 20 day moving average.

I'm thinking it'll likely get hammered with the Jackson Hole meeting. At least, that's what I've positioned for.

Seasonality wise, precious metals seem to do well around this time of year, so kinda also have that going against me, plus the precious metals, in general, seem to be coming out of this year's bear trend. But if I just get a good drop, I'll be out.

AUDUSD

0.78350 is swing high from 2016 which is being tested now.

NZDJPY

Stuck between hourly 100 SMA and daily 200 SMA. Which way will it break?

Keeping my eye on the dow jones index. Hopefully see some temporary tops forming on this index, would love to see some downward momentum finally bring some relief to this market. Although, like you guys mentioned, low volatility rules the markets.

WTF even the crypto markets have suddenly died. This better be the quiet before the storm.

M E M E L I N E S

BTCUSD buyers failing to hold hourly 100 SMA.

AUDUSD breaking higher

>he doesn't believe in memes
Good luck with your fomoing strategy.

I noticed volume dropping off. Any further drops will be gobbled up due to FOMO, I think the bigger players know/intended this, so they're holding out.

>millions of hype threads about random shitcoins
>only one thread about learning how to harness the power of the shitcoin
Thanks for the effort, OP

>selloff after a massive pump

woooooah no way

That's not what OP was pointing out.

But regardless, you say that, and yet many people on here will never learn to understand that things never go up forever. Emotions blur everything for most people.

EURJPY

Trendline off of March and May swing highs has been a major line of support for all of July, it's now resistance and being tested.

NEO looking very head and shoulders right now