I'm new to this. If a stock or cryptocurrency go down in value...

I'm new to this. If a stock or cryptocurrency go down in value, do you suffer a loss or could you hang on to it and wait for it to go back up and cut even or make a profit?

holy shit what do you think

You can hang on to it for as long as you want, unless you have been opening a margin position (aka trading with leverage)

Hold. Always hold until you profit. If you take a loss in crypto you're fucking dumb. And never sell too early

I honestly have no idea

Learn by doing. You're obviously not capable of conceptualizing this kind of thing. Even though it's the simplest part of it all. That's ok though, we all have our strengths.

Go throw $10 at a crypto exchange and learn.

never hold a shitcoin for more than a few days, or you will be bagholding forever.

Worst advice ever. You could be holding DIGIBAGS from 2000 sats if you didn't set up proper stoploss. losing 80% of investment is fucking dumb.
This

I have been wondering about this. The wall street crash led people to finanical ruin. Were they unable to recover from it because they took out loans to buy stocks so there was no way for them to wait for the stocks to rise again or was everything just gone?

They were trading way more than they actually had

WE ARE THE DIGIMARINES!

The people in financial ruin weren't people who were in the stock market. Those were people who owned houses 50% less valuable than their mortgage they stopped paying. Or the people that lost their jobs as a result.

Google Margin call. I'm sure that happened, but it's not the major source of wealth loss. If you were able to hold from 2001 to now, you'd have a profit.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up for me, guys. This board moves really fast. And what site should I use for buying and selling crypto? Bittrex?

false

ANS was a shitcoin and I held on it for over a month even though it crashed and now I've tripled my initial investment in it.

brainlet

Thanks, that was helpful

You're clearly too retarded for this user

Spend your money on more useful things, like coloring books.

>stock market just keeps going up and up and up
>damn I really want to get in on this but I don't have much money
>takes out loan to be able to buy more stock
>stocks tank which causes the lenders to issue a margin call (basically meaning the borrowers either have to put up more money to cover the losses or the lender will take the shares to cover their debt)
>everyone goes to the bank to take out their money at the same time
>banks operate by only keeping a small amount of money in the vault to cover people's withdrawals and they use the rest for giving people loans and making investments
>banks are reeling from stock market crash so don't have the cash on hand to deal with the huge number of people trying to get their money out of the bank to prevent their stocks from being liquidiated
>lots of banks start going out of business, anyone who had money in that bank just lost it all
>because people just lost their savings and many lost their jobs they can't afford to keep paying their mortgages and got foreclosed on
>some decide to do pic related

btw to answer your question in the OP if you own a stock/crypto you only suffer a loss when you sell it and take money out of the market, if you don't sell it you can hold it as long as you want in the hopes that its price will one day rebound. If you held onto your stocks through the 1929 crash they eventually would have surpassed their pre-crash value, although it took a long time. And if a company goes out of business its stock will drop to 0 and become worthless, so that's always a possibility.

buy tenX
make lambo money

this man is correct, but RESEARCH.

thanks again

should I use bittrex to trade?

I Use liqui. Its very easy to use for a new trader. Its going up now after a small dip, buy buy buy!