I was called in to my boss' office a week ago and offered a new supervisor position for a rate of 20$ an hour if I...

I was called in to my boss' office a week ago and offered a new supervisor position for a rate of 20$ an hour if I accepted it.

I said yes. Now flash forward to today and my boss contacts me again, and tells me I am to start work next week as a new supervisor and the pay will be 17$ an hour.

I ask her what happened to the 20$ an hour and I was literally told the following things.

>you should be thankful you are getting a raise at all
>your attitude is not very grateful
>anyone in your position would be happy
>if you don't like the current arrangement then let me know and I will find someone else
>the 20$ was not finalized, 17$ is what corporate could fit in the budget
>if you continue to make a fuss I can easily replace you

Are companies allowed to pull this kind of shit? I'm actually mad as fuck right now I said yes to one wage and get told I'm getting another later.

Pic unrelated.

Did you sign anything? That's Jewy as fuck on their part. Raise it to a higher level.

Do you have a union?
Do you understand now why unions exist?

So that bosses can't jew you out of your money.

No. She got me there. It was all verbal wit the promise of "emailing me the full details at a late date". But she was so nice about it when she promised the 20$ I didn't even think about getting it written down

i would quit on the spot
the interns at my company make more than that, hell entry level positions are $70k starting and youre in management?

How many people work for your company? Is there any chance she was bluffing about finding someone else?

>Write up a resignation letter saying that you can't work in this environment of dishonesty and blah blah blah.
>Specifically reference the promised $20 raise that was withdrawn.
>Go back in, tell her you're quitting unless you're given the full $20
>Tell her you'll be sending a copy to her boss, explaining that deceitful tactics were used to induce you to accept a lower wage.

what field is it? if in a service industry this is common. Not common / acceptable in many industries where workers have a shred of self-respect.

Meh. Take it up anyway. You will have an easier life.

do not accept the lower wage, stand up for yourself and be prepared to back up your ultimatum

good advice, but I'm also curious about what the field is

Don't accept.
Well, depend on your finance, but I would prefer to keep my old job than say yes to this.

Take it but start looking for another job immediately with your new title and improved resume.

Do exactly this OP. I know it's easy to say things on the internet but this is what I would do

This
Don't back down. If they came to you first, you know that you're the preferred candidate, if they even have another one. Cost of firing you=cost of hiring manger+someone to fill your current position+advertising+interviews etc.
Its in their interest to give you the $20 an hour.

Nope, you start job searching, as soon as you accept that you become company cuck. Suddenly unpaid overtime, things get pinned on you, shady in general. You're already putting your neck out there in a supervisory position, pay isn't worth the risk. That'll be the same bitch that hits you with a harassment suit one day to vacate you for pajeet who will do it for $12 an hour.

Security. This is the first raise I've gotten in 6 years of working with the company. They want me to become security supervisor for the facility we work at.

>why didn't you leave then?

My bills were so bleedingly tight I needed stability over a higher wage. And during those 6 years I have literally watched people who offered me higher paying work lose their own jobs because of company downsizing.

20$ an hr was the break I needed to finally start saving something to give myself more options. The cut to 17 instead is a hard pill to swallow, but my security manager knows how tied down I've been.

This if you can afford to be unemployed/can find another job fast.

This if it would be hard for you to find another job/couldn't be unemployed for an extended period of time.

why did you even bother making this thread if you've already decided to accept you pathetic cuck?

tell them you've had a change of heart and will be staying in your position then.
Or enjoy doing 100x work for what i assume is a tiny amount of more pay. Women do that, they get angry at you and shit talk you when they know they did something wrong.

thats teh good thing in being big in crypto, you could just tell them to fuck off and risk it all

I haven't yet though. I was told just today of the wage change. I'm considering what to do. Perhaps even taking this to HR

How much are you making now?
Is there any change in benefits or anything else?

And the most important question, Is it less work, or more work/stress? Sometimes management means not doing shit, sometimes it means earning a little more for twice the stress.

It is a test to see how cucked you are. Don't fall for it. Tell them to honor the agreement you had or else you can't trust doing business with them in the future. Tell them if they want a good motivated worker then they will honor their agreement.

If you just roll over and take this shit your manager will keep taking advantage of you.

You gotta whip out your metaphorical big black cock and let those fuckers know that they won't be getting away with that shit.

Just how easy are you to replace?

Take it, work ~3 months at the new job, then apply for new jobs. At the same time ask for that $20, if they don't give it to you use your new title to find a new job.

take the job while you search for a new job. this isn't a place you want to work for long-term. they are jewing you so you need to jew them. and 20 dollars an hour is fucking nothing when it comes to real jobs.