How do I stop being a nihilist? How do I convince myself to pursue something (e.g. reading, learning about the world...

How do I stop being a nihilist? How do I convince myself to pursue something (e.g. reading, learning about the world, developing mastery in a skill) when I know deep inside that it's all ultimately pointless?

Other urls found in this thread:

veganmotivation.com/why-meat-eaters-get-angry-with-vegans/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when you can´t run a bussiness anymore you need to declare bankrupcy, it´s the same

watch these videos and see if it touches you emotionally veganmotivation.com/why-meat-eaters-get-angry-with-vegans/

You grow out of it eventually unless youre a complete pathetic loser.

Obtain a waifu.

imagine if you were born as anything but a human and how horrible it would be

Just go and do it you pansy. The "it's all ultimately pointless" shit is a thin veil over "I don't think I can do these things". Drop that, nut up, quit being a spineless bitch, and go do stuff. It is 100% that simple.

It is not possible to think about existential dread continuously for an extended period of time. The mind has an irresistible tendency to wander. A limitless wellspring of motivating impetus issues from the depths of the psyche. Nihilism is a linguistic construction whose power does not extend beyond the language centers of the brain. That is to say, nihilism is merely a communication problem. You are unable to explain the reasons for your actions, but that does not mean you are incapable of acting.

I will build an A.I. to torture you for all eternity if you do nothing to stop me.

How is that for motivation.

>"animal rights issues"

Rights in general are a spook. Why does everyone keep falling for it?

Fuck off Yudkowsky.

because we aren't psychopaths and know how to put ourselves in their shoes

But there's a shitload of people who want that.

someone agrees with slavery

Join the army.

you're a nihilist because you find that nothing has meaning.

you should give a long, careful thought to why you're even capable of understanding why, or why you can conceive the idea of a meaning to anything in the first place.

did you just invent that?

If you need a point to do something you want to, need to, or enjoy, then you live a sad life.
Just do what makes you happy because it makes you happy.

>unironically suggesting hedonism

First of all there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with that
Secondly I mostly mean find your own point to life, not rely on the words of others who are just as lost in the dark as you.

No chance. Kill thy self

you have only 1 life, this is it and all there will ever be, so every moment is infinitely precious

False

kek

Life doesn't follow market economics just because you only get one doesn't mean its worth more

There's no way out, you can try to trick yourself into becoming a Godfag or something but really once you go nihilist, there's no way back. On the plus side, it gets easier and easier to live with as you age, and realize that while your life may have no cosmic significance, it still matters to YOU.

You're version of nihilistic angst sounds shit, the version where you can enjoy things but live in constant fear of dying randomly at any time is the best one

Animals are slaves.

Either of nature or of man. It is of course man's duty to treat our slaves well.

Get through highschool

proof? what are you 2 talking about
you can't sell your life so obviously I didn't mean its market value

cannabis friends love hobby interest pursuit self betterment,

try ubermensch ideology

Eh I'll give you a tenner for your organs champ

organs are not life, I can't sell you qualia or sapience

Give you a tenner for your philosophy degree then

Above market value desu so you can buy me a beer sometime

Because you can never truly know anything in life, much less that "it's all ultimately pointless" you fucking edgy 16 year old.

pointless in relation to what? maybe in relation to the universe but you can't take that position, if you could you wouldn't have an issue. so you can only discuss the point of something in relation to you. so if something makes you feel good that is the point into itself

by feel good I mean in the timespan you plan to live. if you wanna off yourself soon probably the best idea would be to shoot up heroin or something. if not then maybe you wanna lead a balanced life that minimizes suffering while maximizing "happiness"

>once you go nihilist, there's no way back
Why would you claim that?

Sometimes, the truth is edgy. Doesn't make it wrong. :^)