Redpill me on Lubavitchers

Other urls found in this thread:

chabad-mafia.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zohar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_bar_Yochai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Square_arson_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're a Hasidic movement, I think they got started in the late 18th century. More or less standard Hasidic practices, focused more on emotionally "feeling" God and mysticism and less on standard religious Jewish study.

Nowadays, they're the biggest Hasidic group (at least in the U.S., I'm not sure about in the world at large), mostly because they focus on outreach in a way that more insular groups don't. While they don't proselytize to non-Jews, they do a lot to try to get non-practicing Jews back into the religious fold, and those people generally join their movement.

There were a number of people thinking that OP's pic was the Messiah when he was alive, and a much smaller group that still think he has the job. I got punched in the face by one once.

>I got punched in the face by one once

Larry David?

t. butt blasted satmar

>chabadn*ks
>real chassids
lmfao

>Implying I'm any form of Hasid
Proud Litvak present.

You're not a litvak.

whatd you do?

chabad-mafia.com/

is chabad and lubavitch the same thing?

Well, like I said, there's a small subset of Lubovich who weren't deterred by Schnerrson's death to give up their notion that he was the messiah. And at the time, I was interested in this one woman, who had a brother in the group who was that nuts into it.

I was visiting their house, and he was droning on and on about how you can "really tell" if you drink enough kool-aid, how the guy's the messiah. Finally, when I could get a word in edgewise, I said (In Hebrew, but just giving the English)
>There once was a young man from Nazareth.

Which pissed him off to no end and got me a sock on the jaw.

Well, yeah. I was deliberately being insulting, and I wanted him to shut up. I didn't think he'd actually hit someone over it.

Yeah Chabad and Lubavitch are the same. Sometimes they'll be referenced as "Chabad Lubavitch".

Obviously, he was upset that you insulted such a great talmid chochom such as the rebbe and felt such a strong passion to correct the misdeed that he felt it in his yichus. Therefore, he rightfully socked am haaretz right in the jaw.

Sh'koyach to him.

is chabad a good denomination? ive been interested in judaism and the ones near me are reform and a chabad

>reform or chabad
Even the most rampant of Chabad haters will always answer Chabad in this question. Reform """Judaism""" is an outdated movement that tried to make Judaism assimilate into German Protestant culture.

Even today, you see these Reform """temples""" that look like Churches and they have these weird organizations and committees that serve no clear purpose other than for the sake of meeting up.

Forgot to (You):

If chadbids don't advertise their religion but they want outsiders to become religious, do they just try to make them noahides? noahidism doesn't seem very fufiilling

A Jew cannot become a noahide, he can be an observant Jew or he can burn in Hell forever.

He meant gentiles and yeah they just tell them to keep the noahide laws. Not really a conversion thing, more of an acceptance of principles.

kek, nice bantz

>Well, like I said, there's a small subset of Lubovich who weren't deterred by Schnerrson's death to give up their notion that he was the messiah.

Well it didn't stop the Christians

What did that dude do to qualify for Messiahhood, anyway? Ain't the Messiah supposed to build a temple? And also not be dead?

קוּם

I'm not really sure. He never claimed it, for starters, and overwhelmingly, it was members of Chabad who thought he was the one. Probably just how you go from a guy who took a small, insular sect into a larger and influential one dominated by newly religious Jews with a poor grasp of theology, and add in that he did talk about messanism a bit, and that sooner was better than later, and I guess that's how it happened.

But yes, the Messiah in Judaism is supposed to be both a political and spiritual leader, and yes, not be dead. (To be fair, more of the messianic claims about him were when he was still alive than when he kicked the bucket)

yooooooo

dont they think he went into occlusion like shia islam people believe for their own imams?

reform jews are absolute degenerates, but sadly conservative judaism is also dying, which i see as the middle way tbqh. israel and secularization were MISTAKES

>tried to make Judaism assimilate into German Protestant culture.
any reading on this?

The diaries of Karl Marx and Otto Weinberger desu

they follow talmudic teachings to the letter, which is why they're okay with illegal practices, as theyre just "exploiting the goyim"
t. jew and
linked a great site about this

false flag fuck. you obviously know jackshit about the talmud if you think it boils down to "exploiting goyim"

So where do the Teitelbaums fit into all this?

Conservative Judaism in Israel is Masorti and it's gaining considerable ground. They're not the same but they share essential values.

The Conservative movement in America though is dying, in Canada it's kind of still around (mostly because they didn't concede on the Kohanim prayers and Shabbat).

I have a lot of stuff in Yiddish and Hebrew but not much in English. Fun fact, the Orthodox Union and Jewish Theology School (ran by the Conservative movement now) were started by the same guy lol.

Yeah, some believe he is hiding in a (not sure if it's supposed to be metaphorical or not) cave. Just chilling and waiting until all Jews keep Shabbat at the same time or something.

>chabad
>Orthodox
>ultra Orthodox
>Conservative
>Chasidic
>Samar
>Lubovitch
>Reform
>Liberal
>Messianic
>Jews for Jesus
>Secular
>Haredi
>non practicing jew
>Catholic with Jewish ethnic roots
there are more Jewish denominations than there are jews

>implying Jews believe in a definitive afterlife

Messianic Jews are just Protestants with a Kippah on don't be fooled. Also "catholic with jewish roots" wtf

Regular Orthodox Judaism > All other denominations

The joke about 2 Jews needing 3 synagogues is there for a reason.

obviously there's a lot more to it, and it of course factors into their lives, but the fact that non jews are subhuman is certainly an important part when discussing how they interact with others
though its hardly limited to the talmud, you have literal palestinian genocide by joshua once moses leads everyone to canaan from egypt in the book of joshua
not to mention the description of the act of literally gutting a non jewish king, but I believe that came long after a
I grew up with a jewish education, but I only remember the gory bits now

Bullshit. They follow Kabbalistic practices that aren't even in the Talmud.

which are most likely commented on in the talmud, which they also follow

>catholic
>russian orthodox
>greek orthodox
>turkish orhtodox
>lutheran
>methoidst
>presybertian
>penetecstal
>baptist
>mormons
>jehovah's witnesses
>calvinism

there are more types of christianity than there are christians

This is how I know you are LARPing. Kabbalah has nothing to do with the Talmud. It's from a 12th-century forgery called the Zohar. Learn the basics before you speak so confidently.

I was taught that the kabbalah was from the second century

Why do Jews always do direct comparisons between jews and non gentiles like this? You do realize Christians outnumber jews 100 to 1?

Jews are far more splintered per capita than Christians are schlomo, it's simply a humorous observation.

though come to think of it, the guy teaching me hadnt been a rabbi for at least 2 decades so he may have been wrong

Because Ultra-Orthodox Jews are fucking idiots, and are convinced this 12th-century forgery was created by a 2nd-century Rabbi.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah
>Historically, Kabbalah emerged, after earlier forms of Jewish mysticism, in 12th- to 13th-century Southern France and Spain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zohar
>The Zohar first appeared in Spain in the 13th century, and was published by a Jewish writer named Moses de León. De León ascribed the work to Shimon bar Yochai ("Rashbi"), a rabbi of the 2nd century during the Roman persecution[4] who, according to Jewish legend,[5][6] hid in a cave for thirteen years studying the Torah and was inspired by the Prophet Elijah to write the Zohar.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_bar_Yochai
>He was one of the most eminent disciples of Rabbi Akiva, and is pseudepigraphically attributed by many Orthodox Jews with the authorship of the Zohar, the chief work of Kabbalah.

Not the guy you're responding to, but the Zohar *claims* to be written by Shimon Bar Yochai, a second century Rabbi who supposedly gained his wisdom by hiding in a cave for 20 years hiding from the Romans.

But the Zohar itself has no direct evidence of that claim and among other things, contains Portuguese loan-words, rendering this claim extremely dubious.

Not really. Jews are much more connected with each other as Jews than Catholics and Protestants are. The sects mean very little, if you are a Jew you're a Jew to most of them.

interesting, guess I was wrong then
at least we agree that ultra orthodox jews are crazy

I'm actually Jewish (not that religious ) but I spent quite a bit of time with people associated with Chabad. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Do they want to fuck over the goyim?
Do they believe that the Jews should have not returned to Israel until God told them to? I know some hasids don't believe in the modern day reincarnation of Israel
Are any of them in prominent positions, governmental or corporate or do they lie low?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Square_arson_attack

i highly doubt your jewish and if you are you have some seriously internalized self-hatred if you base your ideas of the talmud on slander that have been lobbed at it by christians since the middle age, of which all the /pol/ propaganda against it today is just a modern day iteration.

Jew from Queens, New York here. I spent a lot of time in Chabad Lubavitch centers in Crown Heights, and Flatbush in Brooklyn, and I can affirm that they are very Zionist. The only Ultra-Orthodox sects that are vehemently anti-Zionist are a group known as Neuterei Karta who number at most 500, and the Satmar, and even then a lot of individuals in the Satmar sect are Zionist too. I, myself, ascribe to regular Orthodox Judaism.

>There once was a young man from Nazareth.

I'm not JOO. Can you explain what this means?
Also, did you punch him back?

Not him, but he's clearly alluding to Jesus, and how this Chabad guy has a view that is very similar to how Christianity got started. In a context of what I'm guessing are two religious Jews talking, that's probably pretty insulting.