My mum bought a bitcoin for 4k AUD a few months ago...

My mum bought a bitcoin for 4k AUD a few months ago, and recently after 4 months of negotiation with an "investor" she decided to let him use her bitcoin to invest with promises that she would end up with more money. Suprise suprise, the guy was a con artist and isn't responding to any attempts at contact. He has also done this to at least one more person who my mum is also in contact with. Is there any establishment or group that we can contact to try and get it back or at the very least get this guy punished? Apologies if this isn't Veeky Forums related enough, I don't frequent this board.

> get it back or at the very least get this guy punished?

Probably not, time to find this man yourself ( or maybe bring a bulky friend ) and force him to pay it back. I'm sorry user, it's probably your only option.

This dude fucked over your mom. Pay a killer on the darkweb.

I agree with this guy, find out where he is, bring a friend and get it back

He's some fucky Chinese investor that mum met on Facebook so he doesn't live anywhere near us likely. Thanks for the answers, we might have to cut our losses on this one.

Time to invest in a road trip then after finding out where he lives then user.

Remember:
once broken, kneecaps never heal right
Fingernails + pliers are a good starting point
Don't bother using electricity unless you know what you're doing
And most importantly, post pics when you catch up with mr. Chinkelstein

your mom is retarded and she deserves to lose all her money. Seriously. Even if you should manage to recover this one btc, she'd get scammed again, so why bother?

You find him and kneecap him, that money is most likely gone.
Some scumbags ripped off my grandparents last year and if they ever come back, this is what's going to happen to them.

this

Was btc even worth 4k 4 months ago?....

This. OP shouldnt let his mother touch money.

This user is right. Whoever sends money to “a Chinese investor who promised her more money“ deserves to learn a lesson

Also post your mums public address, kinda interested as to where the money went

>mum
it's 4k dingodollaroos

I watched a vice documentary the other day about this. People in Ghana scam via email full-time as a career. 1 btc is life changing money to someone in the third world.

10/10 investigation skills Detective Faggot.

He says AUD in the 1st sentence

How would someone in Ghana cash out their BTC?

You go to ghanabtc.net and buy 1BTC worth of sheepwhool and goatliver. Then you flip that stuff for some stolen gold teeth. You trade them for some 2nd hand AK47s. You keep your leftover goat livers to pay some mercenaries.
You are now the king of ghana

just HODL maybe the investor will return someday with riches!

ghanabtc.net doesnt check out

>kneecaps never heal right
Specifically, the meniscus never heals right. It remains torn and prevents proper movement - it's basically cartilage. Sure, it'll repair itself, but once torn it never remains the same.
The kneecap itself will heal in time, it just takes a while because it's brittle.

The best way to torture someone through their knees is to stab them in the meniscus (from behind the knee) and forcibly tear it. Just breaking their knees doesn't guarantee permanent damage.

Wouldn't it be much more damaging to slit the Achilles tendons? You can't walk after that

I feel for you OP. As a fellow Australian and a person with a saint for a mother, whom is also financially challenged, I can sympathize.

If I didn't just get into this crypto meme I'd send some money her/your way, but I have basically fuck all myself.

Post her public address and people here can at least know which address it went to, even if a con artist is likely to have a ton of them. That's a better start than nothing, and, you never know, someone could be the great anonymous hacker Veeky Forums in disguise, find his house and prolapse his anus with a cactus in your stead.

>give some random dude money
>wonder why it's gone
How can a single person be this stupid?

Btcghana.com

This is why normies are hesitant about getting into crypto, and also why we still have a few years to accumulate before the market gets swamped with traders.

>letting women manage money

Thanks for the support and kind words, my mum is working with other people he's conned to name and shame the guy on his social media. We'll see what comes of that.

Because that dude was fucking the bitch

>women
>money
pick one