Why do people blame her for the Falklands War when it was the Argentines who invaded?

Why do people blame her for the Falklands War when it was the Argentines who invaded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you love to suck dick?

If a retarded child slaps you and you punch him in the face, whose fault is it? His or yours?

Being retarded doesn't magically absolve you of all responsibility. In fact, it makes you more at fault.

Slapping Argentina in the face would have mean bombing the mainland, which the British didn't do.

Seriously, it's hard to find her at fault during the whole situation. The Argentines invaded sovereign British territory, she expelled them through the use of discretionary military force.

But user, look at a map! Las Malvinas (AKA The Falklands) are much closer to Argentina than to the UK! Here, let this educational video explain it for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

Christ, I thought our children's cartoons about Britain were bad.

Yours

His

You must be retarded yourself for a retard hitting you.

So do the math

But Argentina isn't a retarded child. It's a sovereign nation with a chain of command that made a deliberate decision to invade another nation.

She probably formulated the war with Argentina as a way to distract the people from her awful domestic policies. Seriously, fuck Margaret Thatcher.

I hate Margaret Thatcher as much as the next person but I can't really fault her for her conduct here.

if she was so awful, how come she won 3 times in a row
she musta been doing something right

I know Thatcher is fabled for her contempt but holding another sovereign country to a lower level of responsibility because you see them as children is too much even for her. I mean, maybe she did it for Africans, but not Argentinians.

she´s not blamed for the south atlantic war
the funny thing is she´s not blamed for Hong Kong

Communism and butthurt are frequently comorbid.

Is Thatcher the British LBJ?

I know several Argentinians, some of whom lived through that war, many of whom have very partisan politics. I have never, ever heard a single one of them blame the war on Thatcher.

funny thing the Falklands didnt want to be anexed in the first place

If it was up to the average lefty, the Falklanders would be forced to give up their British citizenship and become Argies because defending yourself against an attacking nation is like, bad and imperialistic and stuff :(

the subtitles are not entirely accurate, and it leaves out the ending where the kid returns to the present and visits a museum on the falklands war where he meets the soldier from earlier who is now its curator, and says that while the Falklands should be part of Argentina it was wrong to have tried to take them by force and that countries must always settle their disputes diplomatically.

which is it Veeky Forums?

The claim is that she withdrew troops and ships, which caused Argentina to think that the defences were weak and Britain didn't care about the islands, so they invaded.

These same people then unironically have shit fits over victim blaming.

More like a child getting ahold of a gun and you slapping it out of their hand.

>The claim is that she withdrew troops and ships, which caused Argentina to think that the defences were weak and Britain didn't care about the islands, so they invaded.
Sort of like how some people love to say that the US baited Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor because the howaito piggu didn't want to sell oil to the nips.

What do commies have to do with the Falklands war?
Oh I get it

This is South America we are talking about. They have two options in life: The Church or Marx.

Anglo perfidy can be very subtle, like how they handed over the Sudetenland to Germany, telling their allies it is to "keep the peace", while manipulating Germany into thinking it would tolerate the restoration of the German empire. Then when Germany went for Poland they claimed they would help France and Poland against Germany so they wouldn't capitulate quickly, like Ned and Den would, however after shit got real they immediately fled across the channel and used the invasion as an excuse to destroy the French navy in its ports.

They keep getting away with it because their plots are so convoluted and kafkaesque their effects appear to be a sequence of random unpredictable events.

Either sink the Belgrano or have it sink you. Clear cut choice.

Try Irish rather than Africans.

Pretty much all major newspapers were pro tory

She didn't do anything wrong.

Even though I'm not a right-winger, she did 2 good things, and one of them was the Falklands, and the other was breaking up corrupt and self-aggrandizing unions.

>It's a sovereign nation with a chain of command that made a deliberate decision to invade another nations islands when that nation has a far larger and more advanced navy
Sounds pretty retarded

>People still does not know that Argentine was under a dictatorship.

What does that have to do with anything?

it was a gamble, in fact Argentina was close to a military victory, at least a partial one

Both

That doesn't really explain why so many Argies are still so butt blasted about having lost the war.

That's completely different. You could argue that USA forced Japan's hand in that scenario, but for Argentina they were more of a opportunistic vultures in that scenario.

same thing