Nazi victory was impossible. America and the USSR just had more material...

Nazi victory was impossible. America and the USSR just had more material. No amount of surprise attack or tactical genius would have made up for the material advantage of the Allies.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol#Soviet_assessment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say a total defeat would have been avoidavble until the USA entered the war, and a victory would have been possible until Barbarossa.

Then again, the economy would have collapsed either way because Germany was so militarized, so you're probably right.

sticky this thread

Y-you mean producing 50,000 of these wouldn't have won the war??!!

without pilots ... no

it's a meme you dip

He's joking.

If Stalin wasnt so stubborn they would have won easy.

Bump

Even if they turned into snakes?

Let's be clear here: the only "material" the Soviets supplied was expendable men.

>>/leftypol/
You have to go back.

>Soviets have better tanks until months after Kursk
>B-but muh krupp steel

Their planes were very formidable, too.

No total defeat could be achieved, BUT if japan and germany enveloped the soviet union from both sides could have defeated the soviets, invading america is certainly impossible, an uneasy cold war peace could be attained as both sides would eventually develop nuclear capabilities and the invasion would be impossible maybe the axis collapse like the soviet union do at the end of this timelines could war and in 2017 we have 'democratic fascist' candidates for president

Japan couldn't even beat a small detachment in Mongolia before they were at war with China, and you want them to fight in Siberia while at war with China?

>both sides could have defeated the soviets,
How? Japan got BTFO during the battle of Khalkhin Gol and they'd have to travel through a shitton of nothing. Also Kwantung's army (Army in Manchuria) was undersupplied due to Japan needing to supply men in the Pacific Front and China, although I can't recall when they were "stripped".
>an uneasy cold war peace could be attained as both sides would eventually develop nuclear capabilities
USA would always, regardless of the historical situation, get the nuclear bomb faster than Germany and simply nuke the shit out of them. Even if we are super optimistic, Germany only would've gotten the nuke in like 1946, again, if we're being extremely optimistic.

Khalkhyn Gol wasn't nearly as lopsided as you people like to meme it. Yes, the Japanese lost, but the Soviets had more of everything (men, tanks, aircraft, artillery, etc.) except horses. The Soviets themselves were not pleased with their performance in the battle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol#Soviet_assessment

"Following the battle, the Soviets generally found the results unsatisfactory, despite their victory. Though the Soviet forces in the Far East in 1939 were not plagued by fundamental issues to the same extent as those in Europe during the 1941 campaigns, their generals were still unimpressed by their army's performance. As noted by Pyotr Grigorenko, the Red Army went in with a very large advantage in technology, numbers, and firepower, yet still suffered huge losses, which he blamed on poor leadership.[12]

Although their victory and the subsequent negotiation of the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact secured the Far East for the duration of the Soviet-German War, the Red Army always remained cautious about the possibility of another, larger Japanese incursion as late as early 1944. In December 1943, when the American military mission proposed a logistics base be set up east of Lake Baikal, the Red Army authorities were according to Coox, "shocked by the idea and literally turned white."[74] Due to this caution, the Red Army kept a large force in the Far East even during the bleakest days of the war in Europe. For example, on July 1, 1942, Soviet forces in the Far East consisted of 1,446,012 troops, 11,759 artillery pieces, 2,589 tanks and self-propelled guns, and 3,178 combat aircraft.[75] Despite this, the Soviet operations chief of the Far Eastern Front, General A. K. Kazakovtsev, was not confident in his army group's ability to stop an invasion if the Japanese committed to it (at least in 1941–1942), commenting: “If the Japanese enter the war on Hitler’s side… our cause is hopeless.”[76]"

Okay, now how do you expect Japan to fight a 3-front war? How would you suddenly resupply Kwantung's army and demand to march through Siberia? How will Japan deal with the logistical problems that they will be facing marching through such huge chunks of land? How will they be resupplied? What will they sacrifice so that Kwantung's army could march through Siberia whilst fighting commies on the way? Make the Chinese or Pacific Front weaker? How will they deal with partisan activity if that arises?
Japan's logistical problems marching through the Soviet Union would be an ever larger logistical nightmare than Rommel or German horse logistics. Also it's not like Japan was already having trouble with logistics or anything:
>Japanese logistics tended to collapse under pressure, as happened both in New Guinea and at Guadalcanal. Even the Centrifugal Offensive was operated on a logistical shoestring
>The Japanese inferiority in logistics went a long ways towards nullifying her advantage of interior lines of communication.
>The combat train relied heavily on pack animals[...]

Japan would have been destroyed by Russia. The areas were it was actually good in (the navy and naval airforce) would have had a minimal impact on the russian theatre. And in anycase, how the fuck was Japan suppose to maintain a land war in both China and in Siberia? There are zero reasons for Japan to commit to such a plan.

No, I was only trying set the record straight concerning Khalkhyn Gol. Japan could never hope to fight China and another major power (America, Soviets, what have you).

>Khalkhyn Gol wasn't nearly as lopsided as you people like to meme it
I never said it was, I said they lost

Ah, sorry. Then ignore that reply, but might as well go on a bit more on Japanese logistics:
>The Japanese attempted to make up the shortage by anchoring oilers in Truk lagoon, but this further aggravated the oiler shortage. It is likely that fuel shortages were a significant part of the reason Yamamoto was reluctant to commit his battleships in the Guadalcanal campaign.

Who is the dude under Hitler? I saw him in a medical book.

Hans Scholl, member of Weiße Rose, beheaded for spreading anti-Nazi leaflets

Hans Scholl

Only if it's anacondas.

ty

You know how expensive Me163s were? And I'm pretty sure the Reich didn't have a huge amount of resources dedicated to producing 50,000 of these.
It's probably the same reason why we didn't produce 20,000 F-4 Phantom IIs or 50,000 F-86 Sabers.

see and

I want to fuck Mugi!

Please refrain

bump

bump

Bump

Why do you bump Veeky Forums threads? Contribute something or let it die.