Almogavers and Vikings

Who would win in a fight?

>Literally who soldiers Vs the most famous and strongest raiders in history

I wonder

>The terror of the Mediterranean vs heavily mystified warriors

Ones cucked the turks while the others just won against defenceless monks. It is not particularly c

Desperta ferro!!

t. pop history normie

Vikings did raid Moorish Spain once, and after pillaging some peasant villages they got driven off by professional troops that would have been little different from the later almogavers.

Definitely the Almogavers

*hundreds of sparking lances*

>ab diables nos som atrobats!!!

>Almogavars
>Who
Are you serious? Almogavars fucked down the entire Mediterranean, included Italians, Balkans, Byzantines and Ottomans.

Wtf is an Almogavar, some nigger mongrel?

Get the fuck out of this board.

Sorry I'm just not interested in your African tribes

Do you have any good sources? I would like to read more about it.

>Almogavar is the name of a class of soldier from many Christian Iberian kingdoms in the later phases of the Reconquista, during the 13th and 14th centuries. Almogavars were lightly clad, quick-moving frontiersmen and foot-soldiers.
>The Almogavars were considered one of the best infantries of their era.

They were pretty much an unstoppable force.

Just google Viking + the name of each location

Read about "The catalan company".

>13th and 14th centuries
Cringe, might as well compare a modern soldier who'll put a bullet in their heads to them.

What does that mean?

Most Americans who acknowledge that the Vikings included many women in their battle-line, would say, the Vikings

Something like: "With Devils we have stumbled against!"
Or "We have run into the Devil!"

According to Ramon Muntaner's Chronicle, those words were spoken by the Count of Breda, a French commander, when he saw the furious, enraged mass of Almogavers waiting for them, shouting war-cries and striking the earth with their weapons, creating a 'sea of sparks' flying out from the stones.

why did they conquer so less of Germany,if they were the closest to them?

Maybe they were friends?

kek

Who'd live with Germans by choice?

Even Germanics don't like Germans

Most Americans, learned their history of the Vikings from the History Channel of the same name. They learned that the Vikings were a virile and manly, yet feminist-empowering society, much superior to the corrupt, weak and effeminate Christcuck Franks and Anglo-Saxons.

It is how progressive American males wish to imagine themselves as- rugged with a beard, a flannel shirt, yet sensitive and respectful of women.

pic somewhat related I guess

Why did everything go to shit for the Catalans and Aragon?

>no Skyrim copy lying around by the altar

They were a comparatively small kingdom with a low population compared to their neighbors.

>you will never terrorize the Balkans with your m8s