So Nilfgaard of Witcher series is a mix between HRE and Roman Empire, Skelle Isles = Viking...

So Nilfgaard of Witcher series is a mix between HRE and Roman Empire, Skelle Isles = Viking, Toussaint = France and Northern Realm = Poland?

Nilfshits=Ottoman's that dress like Europeans.
Northern Kingdoms=Balkan
Skellige=Scandinavia yes
Toussaint=France

Skellige are only superficially Scandinavian, their accents, outfits, and political system are Irish.

Id say scottish but ok

There's nothing roman about Nilfgaard. And Skellige is Ireland

Oiferi is Persia?

Novigrad=Gdansk

Novigrad = Novgorod

Nilfgaard (country) is turkey but Nilfgaard (city) is rome

It's even called free city and everything.

nilfgaard = germanic people in a roman like state/empire
skellige - scottish vikings
redenia - poland
toussaint - france with some touches of spain/italy

Normie shit game

>Gdansk

No Skellige are Norse-Gaelic. Meaning Dublin Vikings.

Scottish and Irish Gaelic clans were basically the same thing mate for most of their history.

Skellige is Gaelic Ireland, Scotland and Viking mixed together.

Toussaint was pretty fucking comfy

Gaelic expert here. Can be hard to distinguish between Gaelic Irish and Scottish culture because both cultures have the same origins.

Most of clan names in game are 50/50 Irish and Scottish Gaelic name wise.

The Tartans are Scottish.

The Accents are Ulster Accents but some are accents from the Irish midlands.

The Druids are broadly Celtic not exclusive to the Gaels but all Celts.

The name Skellige is derived from Skellige Michael which is Irish.

The Islands are a mix of Gaelic and Norse names.

Their gods seem pretty Norse as does their architecture.

The clothing is a mix of Gaelic and Norse clothing. Armour is Scandinavian, a lot of the jewelry though is Gaelic.

50/50 Scandinavian and Gaelic in my books. People just assume they are fully vikings because more people know of Norse culture than Irish or Scottish Gaelic and to the uninitiated Gaelic and Norsemen are identical.

Nilfgaard= mix of Germany(HRE)/Prussia and Russia
Temeria=Poland
Redania=Lithuania
Helgen=Hungary

Skellige is certainly Gaelic/Norse
Nilfgaard is less obvious. They actially seem Spanish to me, but that's mainly because of their armor and accents in game.

That's how it's called.
Alternatively you can call it by its other name Gedanum which is basically the translation of its name in Latin as its appears in earliest sources.

>The Nilfgaardians are like the Ottomans, not Romans.
Why? I see a stronger connection to the Romans.

Why are roaches trying to latch onto everything? The Ottoman Empire was a backwards shithole for it's entire history.

"When in Nilfgaard, do as the Nilfgaardians do"

Sapkowski himself pretty much stated that Nilfgaard is based mostly on Rome.

Or call it by its original name "Gothiscandza"

That was in the Tuchola Forest in the western kashubia region. That's what I read. And at least 6 centuries too early.
The original name comes from old slavic and means city on a wet (or dampy) meadow.

But "Polish" Slavs had connections with Eastern Germanic tribes,

Sapowski has no say in the game In one interview CDPR did cited Ottoman influences of Nilfgard, alongside HRE and Roman. I do concess other empires are a bigger influence but Ottoman Empire is also seen in the relative tolerance of other races, the foreign alien language/religion (Compared to the other northern realms) etc.

Battle of Brenna is deffinetly a homage to siege of vienna.

so, norse-gaels?