I'm so used to the Arabic-Hindu system (0,1,2,3,4...

I'm so used to the Arabic-Hindu system (0,1,2,3,4,5) that looking at the other's (except maybe Roman) seems so alien and needlessly cluttered.
But when I think about it, the numbers don't even look Arabic, does anyone feel this way?

Is it because they're so widely used that they've lost their "alien" trait's to me ?

They're so normalized we don't think of them as foreign. I'm guessing the fact we write them left-to-right also helps de-Semitize them in our minds.

Let's just call it European numerals

>Arabic Numerals
٠ - ١ - ٢ - ٣ -٤ - ٥ - ٦ - ٧ - ٨ - ٩
>Hindu Numerals

>Medieval European Numerals
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

No, because those are Eastern Arabic

Its ama ing here you see The Beatles precise classical effect uve European mind, that script reflex ts european mind at it's best and incredible beauty in it's simple city and rigor while avoiding ti ne be exaggerated like The stupid indian mind or Arabic one

what the fuck?

Wut?

>Its ama ing here you see The Beatles precise classical effect uve European mind

It's amazing that here you see the classical effect of the European mind, similar to the Beatles in particular?

That's because you're looking at their modern forms and not the transition forms that bridged them.

What the fuck do you mean by "they don't look arabic"

why does it have arabic in the name when it was the indians who invented it? all arabs did was a dd a few stuff, europeans added stuff to it too and it ain't called European-Arabic-Hindu

mupa pasta indians th have the control over the trade between mediterranean was populated y people of arabic stock allignment of European minds they gave it to them who were in syncronization

Veeky Forums was a mistake

your post looks informative but I just couldn't decipher it, sorry

Makes sense. Thanks.

Google translate truly brings cultures together.

Ay-rabs btfo

Fuck you, Roman system of numbers are the most needlessly cluttered.
>Reach 50+
>L shows up
>Reach a hundred
>C shows up
Fuck that shit.

I'm very used to Chinese numerals as well. To me it's even more convenient than Arabic-Hindu numerals sometime. But probably because I'm Chinese in the first place.

Why is zero universally represented as a circle of some sort? Who started it?

Nothing is best represented as a hole

what the fuck is going on with 4 and 5