Hindus and buddhism

No idea if this is the correct board but here I go

Why do hindus get so triggered by buddhism? The sole mention of it makes them go nuts and start rantling on how hinduism is true but buddhism fake, how buddhism is a cuckoldry, and many other childish arguments.

Buddhism is pretty much dead in India and therefore presents no actual treat (unlike politized sikhism or islam do).

What's the reason for this? It's plain orthodoxy autism or is it the caste rejection?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

International recognition/perception.

Jealousy/nationalism/ignorance/etc all come together too

It might be the fact that Hinduism and Buddhism stole alot from each other and acknowledging this hurts them.

They went as far as saying Buddha was one of their avatars. The thing about polytheism is that you catch them all.

Buddha was the antithesis to the vedas. He was like what Jesus was to the Pharisees.

Most Hindus claim that Buddhism is a branch of Buddhism, and when Buddhist disagree the Hindus get butthurt.

Buddhism is a branch off of Sanatana Dharma, not Hinduism.

>stole

Why do people use this word with the millennia-long transfer of cultural ideals?

Did Japan "steal" Western culture? South Korea? Every nation on the planet?

What really happened, in chronological order, is that the """""""Hindu"""""" priests considered Buddha to be a heretic. After a few centuries, they began to adopt Buddha's ideals and called it a variant of Hinduism.

Indians are the biggest wewuzzers in the world, and have always been so.

Tell that to The Hindu.

It's a great Indian newspaper with unbiased investigative journalism, independence from the government, and an admirable adherence to drinking cow piss.

>Indians are the biggest wewuzzers in the world, and have always been so.

Indians can't claim Buddha?

>picture surfaces of a few Indians drinking cow piss
>over 1 billion Indians do the same

1. "Indians" didn't exist in the Shaykan kingdom.
2. "Indians" didn't exist in 400bc
3. Buddha never called himself "Indian" and there is no evidence of him ascribing to any larger ethnicity or nationality.
4. Buddha founded a religion that has multiple massive differences from Hinduism (the religion of the people of Hindu).
5. Buddha was born in Nepal.

If modern Indians can claim Buddha, then modern Italians can claim Jesus.

Hindu nationalism is all the rage in India today. There have been over 300 recorded "cow lynchings" since the start of this year. I'll let you search up what a cow lynching is.

Many Hindus claim that Buddha was always a Hindu, and that Buddhism is therefore a branch of Hinduism.

Hindus are mostly butthurt that the portion of the world influenced by their teachings is so abominably shitty that a religion rising up preaching that the ultimate triumph is to cease to exist became popular.

>India didn't exist, but Nepal did

Wew lad

>Shakyan kingdom

Lol

Learn English before you post here, Raj

I never once said that India didn't exist you fucking illiterate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

who are you quoting

What's the point, Prajeet? OP points seems clear to me

Triggered?

Nigga u high?

Lay off the drugs

404, "Shakyan Kingdom" not found. I'm sure you mean the Kapilavatsu Kingdom.

"Shakya" was a clan, not a kingdom.

Indians are fucking degenerates

?

I literally never wrote "India did not exist".

>The Shakyas formed an independent oligarchic[note 1] republican state known as the Śākya Gaṇarājya.[4] The Shakya capital was Kapilavastu, which may have been located either in present-day Tilaurakot, Nepal or present-day Piprahwa, India.[5][6][7]

>500 B.C. is now 400 B.C.

Are Indians really this fucking delusional? Buddha wasn't around at any time in the 500's B.C.

t. Pajeet

>or present-day Piprahwa, India

But muh India did not exist!!!!

Could you elborate?

I can sense the butt hurt from a mongloid in this post

both were hippy cults of the end of times that preached defeatism and opting out of the system

Wasn't it because Buddhism challenged the Hindu institutions that were quite reliant in religion?

I mean, one of the high-tier castes are the Brahmin priestly castes.