Romans were not White

youtube.com/watch?v=86PD8o6xe_4

>Polychromy in ancient statues and the whiteness of marble without paint has made both the Roman and Greek antiquity seem like they were all white. This was done on purpose by scholars in the 18th and 19th century who purposefully whitewashed those periods and pointed to the whiteness of the marble as proof that those worlds, which had people from all "races" (the term wasn't really relevant back then) were also white. VICE News Tonight walks through the Art Institute with polychromy expert Sarah Bond.

Other urls found in this thread:

chronicle.com/article/Medievalists-Recoiling-From/240666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Roman Empire not only accepted other race/cultures but they also encouraged them to mix it up, giving religion freedom and a new notion about unity

What's the shock? Only stating the obvious. Or you are triggered that the "ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC" views on other cultures were about the ones who REFUSED to be part of the Empire?

nigger what. the Romans were fucking Caucasian and you know it. Take your race bait to pol faggot

>Responding to trolls

You're part of the problem.

haha please

Bump
What's wrong with white people? Can't they get their insecurities in order?

>This was done on purpose by scholars in the 18th and 19th century who purposefully whitewashed those periods
Funny how they didn't actually find any sculptures of non-white people. One or two paintings of non-white people are shown and thats it.
>movie portrayals of Julius Caesar depicts him as a light skinned anglo/germanic instead of a mediterranean
>look see!! history has been whitewashed!!!

There is no other explanation for this low-effort historical revisionism other than multicultural propaganda. Why does corporate media push this so much? How do corporations profit from mass immigration and destruction of european cultures?

>muh anti-white conspiracy

>shit bait
>non- refutation
>"muh"
Woah wtf i love mass immigration and corporate propganda now

She is factually wrong, there were very few people from Nigeria in the Roman empire.

>scholar vs 4channer

They're fucking Mediterranean. They're not white or black. They're a tanned people who later incorporated a bunch of other people from light skin to dark tans. Stop trying to equate ancient groups to your fucking partisan yank race bullshit. Fuck off

Why don't Southern Europeans have the balls to tell SJWs to fuck off?

>scholar vs every other scholar

One drop rule

Are you talking to OP or Vice?

>Funny how they didn't actually find any sculptures of non-white people.

D'uh, the fact they couldn't find any proves they were destroyed. This is revisionism 101.

>couldn't find any
>proves they were destroyed
Epic "proof". Is this sarcasm?

>Is this sarcasm?
yes you goddamn idiot

Clarification

Sarcasm is hard to read in text form mate. Especially on Veeky Forums where everyone is either a retard or pretending to be retarded

>They're fucking Mediterranean. They're not white or black
that means they're white

See

>17% of residents on the Canaru Islands have some north-african admixture
>this is reflective of Spain as a whole
that is brazen talmudism

Fuck off sven

How the fuck would Nigerians cross the Sahara, Phoenician s only got their one way and not back

are these the same estimates where they fish for the results they want by using few genetic markers?

I watched this with my roommate and as soon as it was done I told him it was a bunch of shit, that Caesar was white (as we would consider today), and that Rome was "multiethnic" because they conquered a bunch of different peoples due to their MILITARY SUPERIORITY--that last word seems to upset people like the girl in the Vice clip who is peddling this shit

no, I'm not going to concede anything base don what cultural marxists say. They're always lying and being dishonest to degrade whites

I thought we put an end to yours revisionism?

Yeah I got a real lol out of the line.
>Mediterranean people like Nigerians

Mediterranean are Caucasian.
White means Caucasian. Just because someone doesn't have blonde hair and blue eyes doesn't mean they aren't white.

They were mediterranean.

Nowadays most people would not consider them "White" in the northamerican modern term (in continental Europe the term White has almost no use).

So yes.... they were not anglosaxon or northeuropean/easterneuropean AT ALL.

The funny thing is that more than half of "White accomplishments" are from those duvious mediterranean, jews, etc....

By american standards Platon, Cesar, Da Vinci, Galileo, Picasso were not white

Lol what?
People don't consider Mediterraneans white?

How can your whitewash white history?

Which scholar argues there were Nigerians in Rome? What percentage do they put the population at?

>implies that people are claiming that Romans looked like Scandinavians
>"this discipline doesn't usually attract controversy, Sarah Bond has no idea how this happened"

She titled her essay: Whitewashing Ancient Statues: Whiteness, racism, and color in the ancient world.

It's FUCKING OBVIOUS what she's doing.

>giving religion freedom and a new notion about unity
>giving religion freedom
They killed the Christians while they were pagan.

Then killed the pagans while they were Christian.

>tfw sp*niards destroyed gruanche civilization :'(

In the Mediterranean. Which is likely. It wasn't on a different planet or even continent.

There's no conspiracy. Let it go.

>muh feels>DNA science

I'm Chinese, and I do think ancient Romans are mainly White people("Caucasian" in today's term). Almost no ancient Chinese texts about Romans I've read before describe Romans as Black.

Camels, horses, following the nile etc.

Stay in your lane chang.

I'd like to put forth again that the video authors ought to be beaten in public

>There's no conspiracy.
Yeah, but there are obvious some disgusting agendas and racism ideologies behind all these shits, such as Libercuckism or Baizuo.

I presume these crazy libercucks probably also believe the term like "Baizuo(white left)" is specifically referring to "White race" as well...

There's no agenda, just science. Get ahold of your insecurities. Stop being so paranoid.

It just became clear to me, this video is purporting that Italians and Greeks are not white people :D

/pol/tards on suicide watch.

>yank race bullshit

okay Mr. Rhodes

is that one of the tanned peoples of color of classical antiquity?

They're not
SeeOne drop rule.

WE

She has blonde hair she's clearly a germanoid.

>There's no agenda, just science.
>deliberately connecting ancient white marble statues to white race by modern interpretation
What a fucking pseudo-science.

>Get ahold of your insecurities. Stop being so paranoid.
I'm not even white man, you fucktard. But even I cannot stand with libercuck's revisionism bullshits. These libercuck pseudo-intellectuals are no better than White supremacists.

t. Wop

something about her face just makes me think southern euro

It's a bad tan mixed with the emotional red face that white people get. You can tell by her square jawed man face, that she is a germanoid.

those features describe how southern euros look to me

We dont identify with snowniggers or amerimongrels so stop calling us white

Researcher's twitter:

what an abhorrent troll woman

Bump

These people are aware whites aren't LITERALLY white as snow, right?

Find 1 (one) example of a Nigerian who found themselves in Mauretania Tingitana and had a statue of them sculpted which was then "whitewashed".

we're all walking talking sheets of paper innit

>reverse image search
>endless WE WUZ

>when you're so much of an incopetent human being that your only way to find solace is to manipulate uncertain historical matters into twisting the people of your choice into the ethnic group you belong to so that you identify with them even though you have absolutely nothing in common, in order to feel empowered because you're unable to empower yourself in the actual present

By making important historical figures that lived in Europe white.

For example, both Beethoven and Mozart were black, but revisionists kept people from learning about it.

If you push the button, then every time someone posts a skin color thread, they are permabanned.

Telling that people claim ancient romans and greeks being White because some of them were described as blonde (probably Brown for northern standards) and blue eyed (dark blue for northeuropean standars).

Validating the point that meds are not considered White as northamerican understand the term White.

Sorry guys but all that "White history" was created by people you dont see as white and who you try again and again to whitewash.

(And now explain that x was blonde and emperor Y was blue eyed but the Arabs, the moors, etc.... Proving the point again)

falseflag : the thread

GUISE IS HABBEDING! NEW RESEARCH MUST STOP!!! RENASCENCE ART IS THE DEFINITIVE TRUTH

>In order to peddle their "progressive" multiracial agenda, now SJW have to willingly resort to obtuse 19th century racial classifications that labeled Mediterranean Caucasians as non-white

Pottery innit

Your so called progressive agenda is a thing for two centuries by now. There's nothing new or urgent in anything you pointed out

Look what the moors and Arabs made to the ancient blonde meds.

Whitewash this guys

>Ironically believes in pure-genes, aryan race and true-anglo theories
>Babbles about it endless
>LOL SSA NIGGERS WUZ KANGS
>Opposition gets tired of this shit and decides to play by the same rules
>Now you are not even white anymore, problem?
>No, this is obtuse thinking, I'm being oppressed here!

Now this is quality pottery

>chronicle.com/article/Medievalists-Recoiling-From/240666

I just want these people to die.

Considering that I'm not a WASP myself, I always found that classification (which was mostly used for immigration restriction purposes, make no mistake) absolutely laughable.

Eventually we're going to get tired of your shit and start shooting you subversives in the street like you deserve.

aaaany minute now...

Americans are the only people I ever see trying to claim that meds aren't white.

Keep pushing.

Keep crying

I am Greek this shit really irks me. I am olive, but I still consider myself white and European, these ultra pale women and liberals seem to think we view ourselves as ''people of colour'' what a load of shit! go call a greek non white and see if you land on the floor or not, we hate North Africans and turks more than anyone, I cringe to be compared to them.

But your not white. See.t. Real white guy

Hi

(Ancient world people were vikings but now we have this. Isnt It?)

>Scipio Africanus

Um isn't it obvious that he was a black man?

"Ancient people never looked like this"

Sure!!!

This is my people not the fucking vikings.

You seriously expect to believe a Roman wouldn't be white on a US census? Fucking ARABS are white on a US census

This guy is also white on a US census while Steph curry is "black".

Hmmmmm.....What's really going on here???

In southern Europe we call this a TOURIST.

>they're not white or black
Lmao

Literally no one doesn't, he's just trying to claim Romans and Greeks for the pee og see, because their accomplishments so far have been pretty pathetic, but they don't identify with/know about Asians or Arabs.

WUZ

The difference is the average American would agree that an Italian was white

And they also claimed Irish weren't white, but gave up on this autism in the 60s.
The fact that he's putting words in everyone's mouths ("the people you don't thibk are white") proves he's already lost.

>le " if you aren't Anglo Saxon or Vikangs then you aren't white" meme