How was he so fucking good?

How was he so fucking good?

why is he so fucking overrated?

this

It's possible that he never wrote the plays at all, considering that he was allegedly barely literate and came from a lower-class background (giving him little time to study the works that he based his plays on). I'm not saying it's impossible that he was a genius, but maybe somebody else, a nobleman, wrote the plays and simply used Shakespeare as a front, since at the time plays were considered low-class (which is part of the reason why Shakespeare's works stood out so strongly).

>how people have talents?

It happens.

Ask Mozart.

Nah, it doesn't happen, it's fucking hardwork and discipline, something someone like you should learn.

This. When will you sheeple wake up?

Drawing from earlier works such as Chaucer and contemporary writers. Some of his history plays are taken word for word from Hollinshead's Chronicle.

I've yet to hear an actual historian of the period claim Shakespeare didn't write his plays or was illiterate. Only that one movie and Internet theorists.

Talentless hack

Beethoven was hard work and discipline

Mozart was a savant

Natural talent

Brits are just great at making entertainment, they always have been and continue to be.

I'm tired of this conspiracy. There is no proof the man we know as Shakespeare didn't write the plays and all the proof we have of his existence points towards him having written them.

He's not so fucking good. He's a little overrated.

He's a phenomenal and prolific writer, but he's not the best writer in the English language. He, more or less, represents the transition from Middle English to Modern English. Much of the vocabulary attributed to him is only vocabulary first seen in writing (and many times that isn't true as well). His plays, while excellent, often borrowed heavily from earlier works published (i.e. Romeo and Juliet being a copy from the Italian original).

Germans did music, Brits did theatre, Italians did art.

The French were just sort of there.

People he decided he was long after his death. During his life, Shakespeare wasn't seen as a genius, or even a proper artist. He wrote plays for a popular audience that were mostly based on earlier works and filled with toilet humor, quips, and puns.

I don't think anyone claims that his stories were amazing. Or even the words themselves. It's how he wrote it. Even today the speeches in his work stand out. Listen to St Crispin's Day and it still sounds as motivating as it must have then.

French did cuisine.

Are you denying that people have natural skills? Granted handwork does the trick, Mozart best works were the ones where he started taking it seriously after all. But nonetheless, Mozart would be a mediocre carpenter, even giving the best he could to it.

Our so-called drams are nothing but born natural goals based in how, t the young age, we felt comfortable doing some things way more than others

That's where the hard work enters. But denying skills, talents and born natural interest is just foolish

t. underage burger

I'm not sure if food is an artform

Actually the Italians did cuisine too. The French just copied them.

>le ebin falseflag

That and his characters; if anything, Shakespeare's hallmark is taking very simple plots and putting very complicated and introspective characters through them.

>I don't think anyone claims that his stories were amazing.
He captured the Aristotle definition of Tragedy and Comedy pretty well. But I get what you're saying, nobody claims he was an imaginative and creative writer.

>Even today the speeches in his work stand out.
Mostly because they're pushed throughout the education system into memedom. Englishmen taught Scots and Irish about Shakespeare so they'd stop speaking in their celtic-nigger talk.

Because it was actually written by a black woman named Shake Spear

>That and his characters; if anything, Shakespeare's hallmark is taking very simple plots and putting very complicated and introspective characters through them.
DESU, I think a lot of what we read into Shakespeare today is reader's privilege. I'll read a 20 page paper on the depth of Hamlet's Ghost but, at the end of the day, he was just a spooky thing that told Hamlet things.

France invented fashion

Probably because there was no evidence he was illiterate. The only play people question his authorship of is The Tempest.

This. Modern writers could still learn from Shakespeare's characters. Hamlet and Macbeth are brilliant.

The Tempest isn't that great anyway.

The sad thing about Shakespeare and all the other greats like Goethe, is that they are currently being read by people at universities who are only interested in nihilistic deconstruction, and will teach young impressionable kids that there's nothing they can learn from these plays, and they should completely disregard it if they find any evidence of racism, sexism, classism or homophobia.

This. Mozart could play both the piano and the violin, as perfectly as his father could teach him, at the age of 4. He wrote small compositions at the age of 5. He wrote his first full symphony at the age of 8.

Yes, it obviously takes hard work to continue to hone and maintain that craft. That doesn't mean he wasn't a prodigy.

they made it one and got rich doing it

He was a genius.

I know you guys are envious and scared of genius because you have to face the reality of believing you're something special while realizing no one is every going to remember your name, but watch yourself on the teen angst: it's generally indicative of being dumb to call one of the universally recognized greats "overrated".

>natural genius doesnt occur
Literally millions of people work themselves almost to death for the sake of their career or their art, but there's only a handful of Mozart's, Shakespeare's, or Picasso's.

In Mozart's and Picasso's case, there's substantial evidence they were working very hard from before the age of 5. You were working hard at not shitting yourself, and Picasso was already an art student. Mozart was already writing music. If we knew more about Shakespeare's childhood, I can guarantee a similar history would be found there.

Genius happens, and it is also frequently nurtured as soon as it is recognized.

I don't have a Harold Bloom picture haughty enough for the likes of you

T. Nietzschwit

I would argue Beethoven was mostly creative. Of course Mozart was as well but he also had a more innate musical gift. Beethoven while musially gifted is so venerated because of his general spirit of creativity. I mean that if you took the essence of what makes Beethoven great it could have been applied to literature or anything of an artistic nature. However its still raw talent.

Why is there a picture of Lil Wayne though

What is his best work and why is it King Lear?

"Natural genius" is a capacity, it doesn't mean you WILL be a genius, just that IF you work extremely hard, you'll achieve more than a regular person who works as hard as you. People like Shakespere and Mozart didn't sit in their basements twiddling their thumbs, they spent every waking moment consumed with their art and it was this decades-long dedication and effort that allowed them to achieve so much.

They were BOTH hard work and discipline. Mozart wasn't some airhead himbo like he's portrayed in that movie, he was a very serious, studious, and hard-working man.

So Shakespeare did to old tales what D&d did to Game of Thrones. It would be so perfect if D&d are praised at the level Shakespeare is at in a few hundred years.

Frogs and snails aint art

Shakespeare writes for children

ITT: people who haven't read Shakespeare making strong claims about Shakespeare's art

>not understanding that "black" meant "dark haired"

Dante > Shakespeare

Everyone knows that Shakespeare is one of the greatest writers of all time but what they don't teach you in school is that "William Shakespeare" never existed. The classic plays like Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet and King Lear were actually written by an African slave named "Shakes-Spear" owned by Sir Francis Bacon. Since they would never allow a black man to be published back then they invented the character "Shakespeare" so that his work could be appreciated. Learn your history and remember who you are!