There is no reason to believe that God, If he exists, is a just god. There is no reason to believe that if God exists...

There is no reason to believe that God, If he exists, is a just god. There is no reason to believe that if God exists, he is good. There is no reason to believe God is orderly. There is no reason to believe god is great, anymore than a god that is weak. There is no reason to believe a God won’t be cruel enough to punish you after death for simply existing. A leftist that clings to the Christian interpretation of the creator for argumentative sake, is doing so for the same reason the religious person himself clings to it, to provide structure and stability and to reassure himself when the void looks back at him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfMZmKPEKas
youtube.com/watch?v=z-nvweAVpqk
youtube.com/watch?v=NBvOH8w4aL4
youtube.com/watch?v=jfG_laZuSMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4uxfoTxvR6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes I agree. We could have total revelation proving the bible true in a "coercive" way and we still wouldn't know that God controls anything but our universe nor that he gives a shit about us or doesn't just want to fuck with us. Its all disturbingly remote. The Bible is the last thing supporting omnibenevolence. Even the Jews who don't have that smattering of quotes from Paul and John supporting omnibenevolence think the OT is all about the mercurial nature of God.

I had a really scary episode about this shit. Are you a Christian?

Of course I'm not Christian. Honestly after that Syria strike I had a short lived conversion and my fair share of fear and trembling. I had a moment where I was reflecting on hell and I thought "wow, eternity, I might as well already be there". Went into a total panic attack, sweating profusely, hyperventilating, drinking glasses and glasses of water and finally I'm looking at the bible in absolute horror while it feels like severe seismic activity is taking place in the back of my head. The next day I was totally dissociated and could feel no emotions so I believed I had grieved the holy spirit to the point of committing the unpardonable sin. Was your episode anything like that?

Iirc, according to Christian theology the very concepts of goodness and justice derives from god, so their existence is prove of god's benevolence.

I mean, how could a cruel god be capable of conceive justice?

You could just as easily say that about evil.

>inb4 evil is a deprivation of good

So what? I mean heat is a deprivation of cold, it doesn't mean you want to experience a maximal level of heat. Even women are a deprivation of the "Y" chromosone and yet they exist as some distinguishable phenomenon.

Fuck cold is a deprivation of heat.

I had a panic attack after I had the realization that if god is real, it doesn't matter if he's the Christian god or not, he dosent give a shit about you. For all we know he's tricking you into thinking atheism is correct simply because he can. It was a very paranoid feeling. Kinda similar to what you felt yeah.

The point is there is no reason to think the Christians are right. They simply say god is nice. For all you know god could be an absolute jerk that tortures everyone's in hell just because he can. There's literally no reason that wouldn't be a viable case.

I had the same thing happen to me. not really one episode, but this idea haunted me for several years

Acually given that the primary reason people would go to hell within Christian echatology would be that 90% of the time they never heard the turkey gospel in the first place, this would not be a stretch of the imagination.

>the turkey gospel

What did he mean by this?

You're not understanding what I'm saying. Drop all of your preconceived notions of Christianity. There is literally no reason a creator wouldn't set up things like Christianity and Islam just to simply torture everyone by making them fight eachother and then sending them to a hell anyways. Think of it like a cruel joke. Like a pschycopath torturing ants who have no idea what's going on.

I'd rather not family... This is why I'm an antinatalist desu

Scary part is it's a really good possibility we are in a simulation. Maybe 4 Demensiinal being created all of this.

Yeah this is why I try to believe in the Monad. I think ultimately the only hope is that some great reconciling force bassically BTFO everything eventually.

>There are infinite universes
>not all of these universes have simulations
infinity>>>>>not infinity

So are you saying Waluigi is the one true god?

>I had a panic attack after I had the realization that if god is real, it doesn't matter if he's the Christian god or not, he dosent give a shit about you. For all we know he's tricking you into thinking atheism is correct simply because he can. It was a very paranoid feeling
>I had the same thing happen to me. not really one episode, but this idea haunted me for several years

Oh, God is real alright...

youtube.com/watch?v=mfMZmKPEKas

Video very much related:
youtube.com/watch?v=z-nvweAVpqk

>There is literally no reason a creator wouldn't set up things like Christianity and Islam just to simply torture everyone by making them fight eachother and then sending them to a hell anyways. Think of it like a cruel joke. Like a pschycopath torturing ants who have no idea what's going on.

You were warned...

youtube.com/watch?v=jfG_laZuSMQ

>I was warned
>after I first had a corporeal relation to be warned

a day late and a dollar short tho

>There is literally no reason a creator wouldn't set up things like Christianity and Islam just to simply torture everyone by making them fight eachother and then sending them to a hell anyways. Think of it like a cruel joke. Like a pschycopath torturing ants who have no idea what's going on.

You were warned...

youtube.com/watch?v=4uxfoTxvR6Q

There is literally no reason a creator would set up things like Christianity and Islam just to simply torture everyone by making them fight eachother and then sending them to a hell anyways.

Why?

I was a all powerful being it would be funny

why not

I bet you think god put those concepts into a fruit too.

If I was god I could see myself doing something like that desu.

What is up with your wacky videos