Read history book

>read history book
>continually imagine myself giving a presentation on the subject to my high school classmates

that´s good OP

>he doesn't imagine teaching a class in a single room schoolhouse in the 1940s

ygsiu

What a fag

But what about WW2 and the Cold War you can't teach things that haven't happened yet in a history class

I do something similar but much more egomaniacal. I imagine myself incorporating the book into the history curriculum of a future civilization.

That's the entire point of the fantasy, you get to use your superior 21st century knowledge to appear to be a savant.

no

my 30 hour presentation on the late republic would have been amazing and my imaginary classmates are loving every second

That's good, it means your retaining the information and thinking about how you could utilize and explain the events. Literally the key to understanding.

>history is the only thing i think about that way
Makes me feel bad, the only thing I actually care about is really nothing more than an entertaining waste of time

All these presentations will stay imaginary and there will never be a way for me to actually apply any of my knowledge

If only I could be invested like this in math or some other subject, but it is not to be

I know that feel. In fact I'm considering starting a history podcast, since I searched for some in my language and found literally only one, and it's fucking awful

you sound like you have a vocation for teaching
nothing wrong with that

I know this isn't exactly the same thing but when im playing historical games I like imagining that the 21st century world is somehow the same and thinking about what our history books today would say about my country

I really don't want to be a teacher though

end me

You homo man lmao

I imagine that I've somehow been transported to an alien planet and I've been invited to teach a class of alien university students about the history of human civilization. Oh, and the Aliens aren't quite the level of human technology yet. They're very curious about human history and they want me to pass on my knowledge. I tell them that I am supremely honored that I have his opportunity to pass on the history of my species.

They're somewhere between 1800 - 1850 in terms of technology. So when I describe things like aircraft or the internet, they're shocked. They often can't believe what they're hearing. It blows their fucking minds.

I explain to them the origins of the human race as well as I can, which isn't very well right now (hoping to fix that with a future book). This is the first time they've heard about evolution. They're on the edge of their seats. They ask lots of questions and I have to apologize that I can't explain it very well.

I move on to talking about the Roman Republic. I describe the city of Rome, it's meteoric rise to power, it's fall from power, and it still influences human society to this day. Pretty soon, the aliens are writing books to translate the stories into their own culture.

On the 10th day, I am assassinated by an alien religious fanatic. My lecture is transcribed and published as a book which becomes an instant best seller and becomes a guiding force among alien civilization for centuries to come.

>jumping from the inception of the human race to Rome

You deserve to be assassinated by the alien.

These are the two biggest and most important pieces inhuman history though. The birth of mankind and the rise of Rome. Everything else is just filler.

I hope as they beam you up the aliens make a mistake and accidentally have their beam turn you inside out like in Galaxy Quest

>jumping from the inception of the human race to Rome

I don't see the issue. Did anything important happen between those events?

Okay, I use Alexander the Great as the new starting point for human civilization. Happy?

But Alexander the Great would already have been the obvious starting point for you to talk about the rise of Rome, how did you plan on doing that without mentioning him?

You can't just skip over the entire Bronze Age and all of classical Greece, that doesn't work. Why are you even on this board?

What have the Greek ever do for us? It's not like they gave us aqueducts, sanitation, roads, irrigation, education, wine, public baths or public order. That was all the Romans.

You can always go back further. You have to pick a starting point somewhere. Alexander is a good entry point into history. I'm not going back any further than that.

>greeks
>Public order
Pick fucking one

brainlet

Lel... at first look, the guy you quoted appears to be a moron. But he may not be, he just was too quick to talk/post.

That's the beauty of Veeky Forums. Its like one politically incorrect person bouncing ideas around a tiny room until he realizes different shit.

beer at 8am mighty tasty

Am I autistic that I do this, but imagine it being some historical person from the past and I'm explaining events that happened after their death? Can I be cured?

everyone does that in the darkest corners of their imagination. we are all spergs. even dr who had a scence where he took picasso forward in time to see how much his work was appreciated

Consider how much more prestigious history is than capeshit and feel better.
People write books on pop garbage written for kids, while we patricians study the past to better understand the present.

This.