Cleaning da room like Peterson said

>cleaning da room like Peterson said
>find IQ assessment from childhood
>"user scored an overall IQ of 115"

Wow I wasn't planning on feeling sad today

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6gFjB9FTN58
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is this pseudo-intellectual so popular?

iq is a meme, just do it you fuck
t. person who hasn't had their iq tested out of fear that it's actually low

You have encountered your first adversary during your descent into the underworld, do not let it defeat you, overcome him and rescue your father!

No the first adversary was when I decided to fap for 2 hours in the middle of the whole process.

I have an Iq of 140 and I have achieved fuck all. Iq is a joke OP, don't let numbers fuck with your head.

This. Christopher Langan is a literal retard with an IQ of 195

>Anyone I don't like is a pseudo-intellectual

Mhm.

If you had trouble focusing as a kid you'll find that that score is significantly lower than it should be.

115 is above average no?

Can you show the test results? It's not that I don't believe you, just seems like half the people on Veeky Forums has a 140+ IQ lol

Various psychiatriststs told me I had a high IQ, yet here I am studying in a community college (stemfag). IQ does not guarantee success, I'm lazy for study, and spend time on Veeky Forums, and lifting.

Dont have the results, the military made me take the test. Did some shape pattern thing and math. I assure you, people with lower Iq won't talk about their Iq.

further proof that IQ means jack shit

115 is above average dude, that's pretty good.
Did you think 130 was the norm due to idiots making shit up and bragging about it?
The way IQ tests work is that 100 is average. So if you're 115, that's good.

I don't understand how does it prove anything about IQ?

No I mostly went by the /pol/ memes

>115
>Childhood
How much of a child we talking here?
That's pretty good

14 so not really a child at all. It was also the day my fate was sealed and I became a certified autist

>I have an Iq of 140 and I have achieved fuck all.
No surprise there because you clearly don't understand that there's no imperative for you to succeed. Quite a few people who score highly on IQ tests do poorly in life. Most of them don't however, most people who score high on IQ tests do well. That's why IQ tests do have significance, maybe not for the individual but for demographic groups consisting of multiple individuals. That being said, an IQ is not a measurement like physical height, which will always be the same. There's always a certain amount of deviation that depends on the specifics of the test taken, whether one has a good or a bad day, and ultimately luck also plays a role. Maybe you're not smart at all but you merely picked the right answers by chance. If you had a test to enough people the likelihood for someone to succeed by sheer luck isn't that small.

That's what Peterson says, intelligence and industriousness have no correlation whatsoever.

>being one standard deviation above normal (assuming you're a white gentile)
>sad

Why?

You scored above average, why are you upset?

I went to the last two biblical series lectures
sat in the front row
>tfw Peterson looked me in the eye

Also,

Can anyone give me any suggestions for a question to ask him?

Does anyone here believe iq is fixed and if so why? Its a meme ive heard a bit.

because he practises doing IQ tests

it might not have been a valid IQ tests, or maybe you were just lucky when choosing. It is a multiple choice test

How much weight does iq ultimately hold? Because as a sub saharan African, I've been having a little existential crisis over the issue. And people seem to treat it all willy nilly when it's convenient.

Do you actually belive in christianity or are you just LARPing?

He says he doesn't answer this question because nobody who asks it is genuinely interested, they're just trying to put him in an ideological trap.

He did answer this question in the last bible lecture. He had also answered previously like a hundred times. He won´t give a direct answer.

He articulated in plain, easy language the problems and difficulties of our cultural moment. Culturally, New Atheism, the obscurities of poststructuralism, social media, and the ubiquity of entertainment seem to have created a vacuum of meaning, or at least a brand of malaise that younger generations don't know to overcome. A lot of these people, who are decidedly nonreligious, yearn for a sense of truth/meaning that contemporary philosophy and science don't offer. Peterson taps into symbolic and mythological tendencies that a lot of people find relatable and refreshing.

I don't think he's a pseudo-intellectual just because he got on Reddit, JRE, and battles SJWs. He's a charismatic guy who found a way to synthesize Joseph Campbell, Jung, and Nietzsche at a pressing cultural moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=6gFjB9FTN58

For those of you who watched the last lecture in the bible series, do you think his psychological analysis of the flood (and hurricane Katrina lmao) correlates with Plato´s story of Atlantis?

More like because he's not actually Christian and he's afraid people will dismiss his viewpoints because he's just your typical Redditor fedorautist who happens to have an interest in religious studies.

If you have faith, you hold your faith with your head high no matter how it disadvantages you socially.

>He's a charismatic guy who found a way to synthesize Joseph Campbell, Jung, and Nietzsche at a pressing cultural moment.

sounds like a pseud to me

continue lining the pockets of public speaker cancer so they can continue never working a real job because you clearly consider regurgitating Nietzsche a "contribution to humanity"

>and humanities

Its very hard to be sound intelligent as a conservative, but he pulls it off.

>university professor
>taught at Harvard
>pseudo intellectual
user I hate to break it to you..

>all Christian anti sjws are conservative
Hon hon hon

Someone needs a hug.

This desu.

My older brother and I both have IQs that range from 120-130. I'm on my way to getting an electrical engineering degree with a GPA above 3.75, while my older brother dropped out of college and can't hold a fast food job for longer than 6 months.

Your IQ doesn't really change much. Your IQ as a child shouldn't be too different from your IQ as an adult.

>my older brother dropped out of college and can't hold a fast food job for longer than 6 months.

I don't blame him.

>academic credentials in psychology
>gives lectures about pop culture, politics, and philosophy

He has made himself into a public figure by using his unrelated credentials to look like an authority. He's a psued, and if you didn't agree with his politics, you'd be treating him like Bill Nye.

And you're an absolutely buttflustered contrarian.

I'll take the academic "pseud" over butthurt contrarians on a Chinese paper-maché making forum any day.

>pre-peterson conservatives:
>Psychology is a pseudoscience! Psychologists are hacks! Its all a liberal jewish conspiracy to take muh jobs, get a real degree you liberal arts pussy!
>post-peterson conservatives
>Hes not a pseud! Hes a respected professor with respected credentials! It doesnt matter if hes not qualifed, hes a psychologist so it applies to all himan behavior so he can talk about anything! Thats right stupid liberals, even this psychologist says ur stupid!

115 IQ is perfectly respectable, you're just about average for a college educated young adult.

>synthesizing Campbell and Jung

Not necessary, Campbell is the truest Jungian

Sort yourself out user.

He's the world's first self-help guru for autistics.

IQ proves capability, NOT what you actually will do.

It's like a tool - no matter how good it is, if you don't use it right, you won't get anything done.

Read his essay "Three Forms of Meaning and the Management of Complexity", which you can find on his website for free.

Then get back to me.

mad

>Rambling about IQ and personal stories on a history board
I hate you all so much.
Sage

I know this feel.

When I was younger, they did a battery of IQ tests and concluded I was between a 137 and a 149.

I am presently graduating community college with an AA in Liberal Arts and a 2.95 GPA.

i know you are.

>did IQ test at age 6, score 150
>did another at age 12 because high school stressed me and I felt dumb, score 150
>now 24, doing some not-fulfilling marketing office job, still feel dumb

They say 150 is genius level but I don't believe this. I feel most people around me are absolute retards, alright, but I still can't help but feel stupid compared to the actual smart people I see contributing to society, research, and being driven by something they are passionate about.
Of course I was smarter than the other kids, I was 3 classes ahead etc. But in the end I was younger than everybody and since my parents moved around every couple of years I grew up mostly alone, and only opened up with the college life.
I'm a very passive person now, with a limited social life and no real passion. I play video games, I read, I watch movies, I go to clubs where I fail to pick up chicks. I find it hard to care about things and feel detached from even my own life. My intelligence was the only thing I had for me as a kid, all for me to feel dumb in the end.
My IQ didn't make me a happy person, and didn't make me somebody driven. If I could trade 50 IQ points for a passion I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Don't fall for the memes

all iq tests do is measure your ability to take iq tests. i personally think people who latch onto iq test scores do so because they are insecure about their intelligence. savants prove that intelligence isnt a single variable

>Quite a few people who score highly on IQ tests do poorly in life
source? you dont have one because i know this claim is bullshit and the opposite is true. but feel free to step up

>How much weight does iq ultimately hold?
literally nothing. the man who invented the iq test did so to identify struggling school children. he specifically and repeatedly stated (and later thoroughly proved) it was next to useless in determining an adults "intelligence". he didnt even believe "intelligence" was a valid thing to test for, considering he thought it wasnt a single variable but many different systems working in unison

>Most of them don't however, most people who score high on IQ tests do well
meant to quote this bit

Same thing here. Was way ahead of the rest of the people in my school, teacher made me skip one year. In the end, got a good masters but i work on the lowest shit possible in the area, never had a girlfriend, dont have passions besides reading and cinema. Parent negligence and bullying did the trick also.

Numbers dont mean shit, theres a lot of variables

Yes and no. Your ability to process information barely diminishes if you take care of it, but your brain does a lot of developing well into your mid twenties, and an IQ test won't be accurate until you've fully developed. Young kids' intelligence is ridiculously overestimated. I took an IQ test when I was five, and got a score of 160, which isn't as uncommon as you'd think. I guarantee if I took that test now that I'm 23, I'd get something closer to 110-120 range.

>Peterson
>Christian

He identifies as Christian t b h

Because he tells the /pol/tards exactly what they want to hear

That's ironic

>humblebragging your IQ

>same here
I was the ginger kid in the second row, ill see you there next time ;^)

How is it ironic?

>two bit
Dead give away that this was made by a tranny. Try to be more subtle next time.

>I play video games
There´s your problem. These are mind killers.

Not an argument

>trannies illegitimately identify as women
>Peterson illegitimately identifies as Christian

Really penetrates the pistachios

I wasn't a conservative before Peterson. Also he is more of a radical centrist.

Butthurt tumblr tranny detected. Why do you like Frozen so much?

>he's this mad

You're the mad one. And you also some sort of feminized / tranny liberal, aren't you? Because those are the only people who hold a grudge against Peterson.

Jesus Christ user you're mad
>nuh-uh you're mad
what a comeback

Who is the aforementioned meathead standup comedian?

The shitty memeball picture you posted is the very definition of mad. Are these really all the arguments you have against Peterson? You are not going to convince anybody with your namecalling and finger pointing. Please, go back to tumblr, you 2014 era newfag.

Joe Rogan

>anyone who disagrees with my meme pseudo is a tumblr feminized tranny!
I have an entire folder of smug anime faces you know

>saying that Peterson doesn't understand postmodernism is namecalling

That's like saying its namecalling to say Stalin was a communist

>smug anime faces
That alone discredits you.

Peterson believes in objective truth and objective reality and the redemptive qualities of meta-narratives. Nothing but his theories is event remotely post-modern. Calling him post-modern regardless is just basic name calling. It doesn't mean anything.

Everything he says about Derrida and Foucault is correct. Even Noam Chomsky would agree.

>even retarded meme Jew muzzie apologist commie would agree

Oh well that settles it

I don't disagree with you but samefagging is just shameful user

>complaining about smug anime faces

No one cares about your preference.

You?

Go back to 2012

underrated post