I just fucking sent my $1100 worth of NEO to a BTC wallet accidentally

I just fucking sent my $1100 worth of NEO to a BTC wallet accidentally.

Other urls found in this thread:

blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1FoHm8Md7n5mpqKDesfGkrdaNvH1s5tBhu/transactions
twitter.com/NEO_Blockchain
neotracker.io/tx/5c632d9dac1d4218ce239f20f977065e8804555765c3e9ff8699174843b5f448
sys.Veeky
twitter.com/neo_blockchain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

F

S

sad. here's a pink wojak, you'll need it

That's a great pepe. I'm taking that.

It's gone user. You can't do much now except
sweating through the balls

I always double check every withdrawal and deposit i make. Jesus christ it takes like one second

what's your adress?

triple check it for fucks sake

Also: You are fucked. Claim it as a capital loss.

1FoHm8Md7n5mpqKDesfGkrdaNvH1s5tBhu is where I deposited it to so it's a btc address.

christ thats terrible. rip op

F

Hold on, don't do anything stupid. We're all sorry.

Could Dong Fei fix it if you sent him a twitter?

I can try. That $1100 was 80% of my portfolio

And it accepted it? Don't all valid addresses have to start with an A?

Obviously it didn't accept it
my NEO address is AUxY1MeLQ5JtJSWYWvZGhsYGZwMjx9Hhwz

Explain OP
blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1FoHm8Md7n5mpqKDesfGkrdaNvH1s5tBhu/transactions

HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT A FREE $1100 WORTH OF NEO!!!

GUYS I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Explain what..? Those are my older transactions.

What is Dong Fei's twitter? Don't tell me it's the one where he posted last time on 2012

fuck that's my worst nightmare. I hope 1k isn't that much for you OP.

kek I can only imagine so many normies losing their shit over this even still. More and more burned Bitcoins every day. It will be glorious

maybe try the NEO one

twitter.com/NEO_Blockchain

F

You somehow sent 27 NEO to AWaAQdDFSvjvdoXDDXKbujtfrXCiCFkLzz.

So you entered a BTC address and it somehow generated the above address?
I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's no way to get the private key to that address.

RIP

Please be me

Please be me

Please be me

Please be me

Nah, see I already got OP's coins.

What? Does it actually generate a new address if I send it to an uncompatible address?

shouldnt it get rejected and sent back?

>generate a new address
Are you retarded?

All possible addresses for Bitcoin and every other coin have already been generated. They fucking exist and are functional right this second. By "generating" an address you are literally just picking one of the many, many that all exist already at random and hoping that nobody else picked the same one.

Here's a tip, make sure to double check what address you're sending it too. Maybe send a small transaction first and then the full amount.

And this is why crypto will never go mainstream

I will tell you what distracted me: watching a movie on the other monitor.
Don't fucking do that shit.

>guy breaks his arm cranking up his model T
>"this is why cars will never go mainstream, pilgrim"

Replace 'generate' by 'compute'. Holy shit, you're an annoying pos.

wrong. qr codes eliminate this problem entirely

No coiner here. Can one of you cryptogeniuses look at the address and tell me if he actually send the coins from this address? Or is that not how it works?

You want the transaction ID? 5c632d9dac1d4218ce239f20f97706

bro... you realise it's gone right?

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK ADDRESSES

Make all the shitty comparisons you want but there is no way once someone has lost there life savings because there wasn't a basic failsafe in place they or their friends/family will be using crypto

I don't know how it works. I'm just curious if he's memeing or serious.

Failsafes are for normies. Be thankful you're aware of bitcoin before it becomes normie country, pilgrim.

Here's a recent transaction to an unspent output:
neotracker.io/tx/5c632d9dac1d4218ce239f20f977065e8804555765c3e9ff8699174843b5f448

F

What the fuck is that address and how can I get my 27 neo back from there

The adress was instantiated the second he sent it half an hour ago. If OP didn't have the private keys, probably nobody ever will and that ledger will generate Gas without him till eternity

For the bitcoin address posted:

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.blocktrail.com%2FBTC%2Faddress%2F1FoHm8Md7n5mpqKDesfGkrdaNvH1s5tBhu%2Ftransactions
showing past transactions. Is there an equivalent for a NEO wallet?

Thank (you)!

at least OP can keep a watchful eye over his lost NEO millions as it moons into enternity.

rest in peace

Lol
That sum was 80% of my portfolio. Well at least it wasn't rent money or anything. I can't expect anyone to help me out now so I just gotta start from the botton again.

I also just asked "support" (the Western devs on the Slack channel) and they said the latest neon wallet would do a check if there's an invalid adress

I'm using Neon that I dled last week.

sorry bro, I genuinely feel for you...
You are taking tings remarkably well. I'd probably get very drunk and eat lots of big macs...

it should be noted that the number of potential bitcoin addresses is so vast that even if every person on the planet created a million bitcoin addresses each, the likelihood of hitting a duplicate one time in all those wallets would be less than winning the powerball jackpot 5 times in a row.

Yes, the address exists, yes it always existed, no OP, you'll never find it. Realistically its gone, maybe only to be discovered in the distant future by some random dude who happens to make a NEO wallet if its still around 10,000 years from now.

>yes it always existed
>created 49 minutes ago

the adresses all exist only in the sense that all ten letter words exist. The blockchain doesn't store a record file with all syntactically valid adress strings. It was created as a record that will from now on be tracked.

Nothing was fucking created. You can "generate" a bitcoin address with a pen, paper, and some spare time, send your Bitcoin to it and it will work just fine. It's just some fucking number that you're assuming nobody else has come up with before.

In fact, some fucking turbo-autists who are extremely obsessed with security argue this is the safest way to do it.

I didn't even know this could happen. How can the blockchain process a payment to an address that doesn't even exist?

Thanks OP, you burned your own neo and now the price will artificially increase

It sounds obvious but this is something "normies" honestly don't understand. They ask questions like "so let me get this straight...when I make an account with Google, google knows I made an account and it won't let anybody else make the same account as me. So why can't bitcoin just do that then?"

You're taking "created" a little too literally and you generally sound like an asshurt nocoiner anyway. You can only wish you'd get 27 neo randomly, whereas I can buy more coins.

Read thread. see

OP....do it again and see if it works this time.....

But even if it was someone's active wallet, they couldn't actually retrieve the NEO correct? Since it's a BTC wallet?

That shit is just gone for forever?

>You can only wish you'd get 27 neo randomly
I did. See: I won them.

>lose $1100 because wallet only accepts one currency
>blockchain is the future

If you input my wallet address you'll see the date it was created. This new address was created instantly when I did the transaction and nobody actually thinks you're funny.
Sure!

You are watching a movie while sending 1000$? What the fuck?

I quadruple or pretty much decuple-check.

Alright..I feel bad for you.
Why don't you just contact them via
twitter.com/neo_blockchain
and see what you can get rather...just a thought

Left a message on Facebook

OK, but how do you get the private key then?

It has nothing to do with bitcoin. The protocol just interpreted the adress in some was that made sense to it. Like if you're in Grand Street and search house number 46, while actually you want to get to Penny Lane 46. You'll walk to number 46 because that's an instruction you can follow - the fact that you're on the wrong street might get unnnoticed.

In the absolutely unlikely case that you'd send it to a random adress and it was already in use (sandcorn on a beach probablity), that 27 NEO could now be sent.
But irl the adress will never show up before anyones eyes accedentally again and nobody will have the private keys.

Well..good luck...however...it will be highly unlikely
you will get it back..its gone in the ether...

Damn. RIP, OP. Here's a nice ass for you.

His name is Da Hongfei genius

By the way if you want to laugh more, I was/am watching The Matrix Reloaded.

NICE

Someone post that 'ass man' pasta.

D E C E N T R A L I Z E D
N E T W O R K

The neo devs just update the repo with the protocol code that people who want to be nodes may update upon relevant releases.
Nobody has access to other peoples ledgers unless you purposely hack them to phish their private keys.
The neon wallet by the community just didn't have a user fault feature until yesterday. A wallet is also just a wraper for the send-money client.

Make it a great day and send me $900 in BTC here:
1Fpi2x5FQnSVUheQqpod2RFNtdP5DpbC2k

It's possible somebody gets this address though, right? Not impossible, just very unlikely.

you'd have to guess the private key. Not happening.

ah, so manually? yeah not happening

guess maybe one day that 27 NEO might be worth the GDP of a small country and people will be working round the clock to unlock the treasure

pretty sure OP is LARPing... addresses aren't generated just because you sent some money to them

Time to start FUDding 24/7 lmao

Try that yourself and then come back.

Damn. OP is like the guy who threw away his PC filled with tons of BTC and he went searching through the garbage dump with a bulldozer

You can create a private key with a dice. Pretty cool

what exactly happened to these coins?

serious technical question

nothing special at all.

they were sent to a ledger on the blockchain.

the only issue is that nobody had generated the adress before - any app that would create

an adress would usually also generate a suitable private key to send money FROM that adress.

if that were practically possible, then rather do it with the binance ledger, which holds 1.7% of all NEO. or the Bittrex ledger, which hold 0.3%. Not OPs. No adress is different than any other in that regard.

i thought different coins come with different initials of the address?

I mean you essentially try to send these coins to another whole different blockchain, so where exactly are these coins now/what happened to them?

The blockchain is a collection of transactions. when a transaction to a valid public key is executed, the block chain stores that information in the spent transaction object. Then, whoever can demonstrate a derivation with said public key can then place a new spent transaction on the blockchain with that transaction object.

Wallets are not part of the block chain, they're simply a set of criteria that defines a valid string for a bitcoin wallet. Wallets are an abstraction layer that allows us to conceptualize transactions in the blockchain that we can "stake ownership" to (since we have access to the private key that derives the public key).

So yes, every potential bitcoin wallet already exists and doesn't need to be created. A vast, vast, vast majority of these wallets are empty however and this will likely always be the case so long as blockchain technology is relevant (long past the end of our lives).