10000 BC

Pick your starting location.

Blue island near florida

Venezuela probably.

Tens of trillions of natural resources (oil, gas, iron, copper, you name it), ocean access, can trade with North, Central and South America (which produce and need different shit), can long term trade with Europe and Africa, or colonize Africa, big lakes, big river system for internal trade, mountains, jungle and coast for borders, huge beautiful delta for farming, valleys for farming, natural corn, potatoes, tobacco, etc useful plants growing wild there, climate is top tier all year every year, its basically the #1 premium location.

Only ones that I think can compete are Indus Valley, Mesopotamia river system, and North Egypt, but these are more vulnerable to attack (they have good locations near them, thus competition) and have a harder time colonizing the shitty locations in the future when the tech difference is high.

>Tens of trillions of natural resources (oil, gas, iron, copper, you name it), ocean access, can trade with North, Central and South America (which produce and need different shit), can long term trade with Europe and Africa, or colonize Africa

It's 10,000 BC fagtron

>not thinking long term
>ignoring the rest of my post
>using fagtron as your go to insult

Honestly southern Africa. Huge natural barriers to the north make defense easy, the land around is ludicrously resource-rich in terms of coal, gold, diamonds, platinum, and everything else. Loads of arable land capable of supporting a large population. Easy access to the eastern trade routes via the east african coast, and the midpoint of east-west trade when sea travel has developed more. Not to mention the terrain in the rest of Africa makes developing infrastructure and government structures difficult so once the technology to overcome that has been developed I'll be stronger than my neighbours and ready to colonise.

Somewhere in the eastern Med, easy access to delicious piggos and moo-cows to hunt, possibility of joining the first agricultural communities and living without having to scrabble for food all the damn time.

You are going to have a lot of competition later on

>Huge natural barriers to the north make defense easy, the land around is ludicrously resource-rich in terms of coal, gold, diamonds, platinum, and everything else.

Mate, you are missing something.
If you want to trade, these natural barriers are in the way.
Traditional trade centers are connected, not isolated. Your diamonds and gold won't mean shit if you are "well defended".
It is exactly being "well defended" that prevented cultural and technological exchange.

China please.
>gee Huangdi, how come Heaven lets you have TWO river valleys?

Australia.
In 10,000 BC there were alot less deserts meaning the murray river and others are actually worth something. Extremely defensible continent. Plenty of natural resources. Trade/colonization of/with indonesia and asia would be extremely profitable. Eventually when europeans come we would be able to profit off of them through the spice trade while also having built a strong defensible state. Just me?

I'll pick the Baltic sea area. Probably where Saint Petersburg is. I know those horse niggers are going to come, but fuck em, I'll find a way to tell them to fuck off.

Literally why

Irkutsk

No I'm fucking kidding, of course you get Australia, it's the first thing any sensible risk player does.

USA.
Just research how incredibly beneficial their geography is for my justification.

Literally why not. I've got no idea why OP asked the question, maybe it's going to be Mesolithic/Epipaleolithic Risk we're going to play. I thought being away from other anons would be best, since you know, anons are assholes. If my tribe dies, it dies. If not, maybe muh tribe might survive to make
>H Y P E R B O R E A

nah dude the europe strat works every time, I always pretend to be the world police by knocking players out of africa and asia. It's great if you know what you're doing.

>I'll pick the Baltic sea area. Probably where Saint Petersburg is.

Mate, that was a swamp.
Tens of thousands of people died removing that swamp so a city can be built there, because it was the only place Russia could built a port.

You mean
>G R E A T E R R U S

>USA start

Where exactly? USA isn't a point on the map where you "spawn" in this roleplay scenario.

Meant
>G R E A T E R
>R U S

Eastern seaboard or the misssisisiisispi

Shit. I'm a swamp nigger now. Can I move to Veliky Novgorod is?
You're right, but first. Lets see if I survive first.

Are we going to assume that the rise of civilizations is inevitable? Because otherwise I'd choose the ideal place to live as a free roaming hunter-gatherer.

>Veliky Novgorod

Looks nice. Not on the coast, but on the river near.

River island too. I don't know if it was there back then, on the old map its a very small canal separating it from the main shore.

That was my idea. Keep the tribe near a river way (would of prefer a sea, but rather live near a nice river then in a swamp) so it's good for both fishing and defensive capabilities (also, if my tribe survives long enough, mother fucking mills). The big thing, is that will the tribe survive the invasion of the Indo-Europeans when they come.

Corded Ware had only a very marginal presence in Novgorod.
Your biggest threat would be the Uralic people.

Hmmmm, my tribe might actually make it to civilization then. Doing quick reading on the Uralic people seem to deal with themselves, so I might able to grow in peace till attack one of the tribes, one by one. I'll just have to beware of the great Spurdo and his Benis. :D

Bosfor strait.

What about your mode of subsistence and access to trade networks?
There's a reason why every single hunter gatherer language from Europe is now extinct. Striking them down is a piece of cake for anyone with metal and cattle.

Before the discovery of the Americas all of Eastern Europe was getting fat on trade.
Balkans particularly, but also the big Russian river cities, who could sell fur and slaves to the muslims in the south, and good steel to the germanics in the north.

This user responded to you before I did, but it's the reason why my tribe is Novgorod. I would try to conquer/assimilate the Uralic tribes near by, create agriculture and build defenses, and start trying to build trade routes. The user that's at the Bosfor strait may be a good trade partner.

Might be retarded, because I don't know too much about geopolitics, but I think Mississippi Delta. It's warm, wet, and flat, so agriculture is possible. You've basically got a whole continent's worth of expansion opportunities in the north along the river, all of the delicious Caribbean islands are yours for the taking, and resource-rich Texas is nearby, so at worst, you could fit a comfy coastal civilization between the Mississippi and Rio Grande. Aztecs/Maya are not too far away, especially by water, so if you manage to invent boats, trade is possible.

Only problem I see are the frequent hurricanes. But with 12,000 years to come up with a culture-specific solution, we might find some way to deal with them and maintain permanent settlements. The biggest problem would be to advance the civilization enough so that when the Europeans inevitably come, we don't get ravaged by disease.

That's wrong.

Mississippi was fucking useless for agriculture

Get N. America early, and you have the best position on the map.

>spawn in north america with your 600 guys tribe
>yey, all these resources, and they are only a six week walk from each other!!!

North America isn't a good place prior to certain tech, or at least with the horse (an animal that doesn't live there and needs to be shipped from Euroasia.

You could start as Polynesians in Cuba

St. Lawrence Island
Hard mode

>10000 BC
>just after the Ice Age

Madman.

You will have to fight this expansionist

I think most of our tribes are expansionist.

Stop founding cities next to my capital.

I'm Veliky Novgorod user, so you don't have to worry about me for probably 25,000 years give or take.

That was my only comment, just a shitty civ reference.

Oh, my bad. So, was this just to see what areas of the world Veeky Forums users would pick, or are we going to play risk?

What do you mean, "later on"? It's 10,000 BC, I'll be long dead before there's enough people to be "competition".

Rolling hyperborea

No, Oz was already a desert by 10,000BC. The Abos arrived ~40-60k BC, and they trashed the place by burning down all the forests within a few thousand years of arriving.

What difference does it make? How long do you expect to live, that "the rise of civilization" is something you should worry about?

He chose to spawn in a jungle, he won't be expanding, he'll be too busy shitting his guts out and dying of fever.

Have fun being a jungle nigger until somebody more sophisticated than pointed sticks comes around

Uh huh.
With your advanced skills in metallurgy and engineering and people skills you'll be a king in no time.

britain, so i feel at home before my lack of survival skills leads to my premature death.

The Faroe islands, the eternally comfy island. I'll just hunt whales.

Nuku hiva

spend all day chilling and when I'm hungry all I'll need to do is simply pluck some the abundant breadfruit eat it raw or make some poee-poee or just eat some of the other abundant natural crops

Atlantis. The world is just exiting the ice age, so I should probably be fine; the city wouldn't sink for at least another 100 years, at which point I'll be dead.

The alps for sure.

Istanbul

literally the most strategic location on earth

Venezuela isn't a jungle, you amerifats.
Not everything south of Texas is malaria country.

>literally the most strategic location on earth

Only AFTER the greeks colonized the Pontus and it became a trading hub.

Abos trashes Oz? Say it ent so!

Somewhere in Columbia since I'm too much of a pussy to handle old world diseases.

You don't know that, and are only speculating.